• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 7 |OT| - A Fraud Swings His Gate

giphy.gif

Godslay

Banned
SOS is not a good metric to judge a team, imo.

I'm not saying that because Denver has faced teams that aren't considered top of the league. It's an empty stat that robs Peter to pay Paul, and that applies to any team that with a high SOS or low SOS.

Denver is a lopsided team (good D and ST, O on life support) right now, whereas the other undefeated teams are more balanced to varying degrees. Does SOS tell us anything about that? Same for the other teams, what does SOS tells us about them? Not much really.

I think Carolina is legit, how far that gets them is anyone's guess. Same for the rest of them. Really we should be looking at how they are playing/winning, and how that matches up with who they face that week.

Fact is that SOS is a data point, not an cogent argument.

Hammer24

Banned
Get one of those water proof clear bags for phones.

I´d advise against that, from personal experience. The phone will get extremely hot inside, and thus kill the battery pretty fast. And as those bags aren´t much cheaper than the radio I linked, I would personally prefer this.

Zeke

Naw I don't take any electronics out on the beach with me. I only take the essentials beer, water, food, sunscreen, shovel, knife, umbrella, chairs, tackle box and rod.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Naw I don't take any electronics out on the beach with me. I only take the essentials beer, water, food, sunscreen, shovel, knife, umbrella, chairs, tackle box and rod.

I usually just bring food, beer, towels, chairs, beer, sunglasses, umbrella, beer, and an industrial sized barrel of sunscreen.

If I had a dog I'd bring that too

Hammer24

Banned
My son will be there no better birth control than that!

Park a good ways away from final beach spot. Have your son carry the stuff back to the car, while you and the lady "clean up the spot". A beach quicky is still better than a day at work.

Crisco

Banned
SOS is not a good metric to judge a team, imo.

I'm not saying that because Denver has faced teams that aren't considered top of the league. It's an empty stat that robs Peter to pay Paul, and that applies to any team that with a high SOS or low SOS.

Denver is a lopsided team (good D and ST, O on life support) right now, whereas the other undefeated teams are more balanced to varying degrees. Does SOS tell us anything about that? Same for the other teams, what does SOS tells us about them? Not much really.

I think Carolina is legit, how far that gets them is anyone's guess. Same for the rest of them. Really we should be looking at how they are playing/winning, and how that matches up with who they face that week.

Fact is that SOS is a data point, not an cogent argument.

Yep, people point to Carolina's point differential, but we're not trying to run up the score against bad teams. We have a crappy offensive line and no playmakers on the outside, so throwing the ball when we're already up 1 or 2 scores is just dumb. We showed against Seattle that when we absolutely need points through the air, we can get them, but otherwise we're going to pound it in-between the tackles using our 250 pound freak athlete of a QB to manufacture a numbers advantage.

bionic77

Contraceptives. Or how else you plan to end that day on the beach?!
People on the internet told me that condoms, sunscreen and bathing are not necessary.

On the topic if beaches thats one Obummer about living on the east coast. No great beaches nearby. In general I think the Pacific shits all over the Atlantic when it comes to chilling on the beach. Though further down south the beaches are decent but the water color will never approach a nice west coach beach.

That said we don't have earthquakes and we have all the potable water so fuck off west coast!

bionic77

Still discrimination tho

Stop marginalizing me!

I said beer three times.

Problem is that I need other shit because of the gingeritis.
The reason you need all that pussy lotion is because you shower so often and are washing away all the bacteria and dirt that naturally protects you from the sun.

Trust me son. I saw a reddit thread about this. What more do you need?

Konka

Banned
People on the internet told me that condoms, sunscreen and bathing are not necessary.

On the topic if beaches thats one Obummer about living on the east coast. No great beaches nearby. In general I think the Pacific shits all over the Atlantic when it comes to chilling on the beach. Though further down south the beaches are decent but the water color will never approach a nice west coach beach.

That said we don't have earthquakes and we have all the potable water so fuck off west coast!

The Pacific beaches are great, assuming you have no intention of going in the water.

Zeke

Park a good ways away from final beach spot. Have your son carry the stuff back to the car, while you and the lady "clean up the spot". A beach quicky is still better than a day at work.
Texas beaches can be massive, you usually park on the beach there aren't really lots to park. Some parks do have lots you can park in but those places usually suck. If you have a four wheel drive you can get to some remote spots and not see people for days. Everyone is pretty spread out unless you park near the entrance like a goomba. We tend to go to padre island national seashore. Largest undeveloped barrier island in the world (70 miles) can't beat that place it's amazing. Great place to camp too just make sure you have everything you need because they close the gates at night and you won't leave until they open them back up. That's how I ended up this my son too much beach time fun

Greg

The reason you need all that pussy lotion is because you shower so often and are washing away all the bacteria and dirt that naturally protects you from the sun.

Trust me son. I saw a reddit thread about this. What more do you need?
:jnc

rando14

Speaking of beaches, I really really really want to go to Cuba some day.... maybe during/after 4th year

I mean I enjoy shitty americanized Cuban sandwiches here, I can't even imagine how good the food must be over there!! *dreams

Oh and there are supposedly tons of smokin hot babes !! Yeehaw pardner

Malalaw

Reading some of the hygiene threads make me fucking sick. I shower twice a day. One in the morning and one at night to get the diesel and asphalt smell to go away. People act like they can't take 10-15 minutes to clean themselves.

Konka

Banned
Speaking of beaches, I really really really want to go to Cuba some day.... maybe during/after 4th year

I mean I enjoy shitty americanized Cuban sandwiches here, I can't even imagine how good the food must be over there!! *dreams

Not to deflate you expectations, but the Cuban sandwich was created by Cuban immigrants in America, it's not something you'll find on the island!

Oh and there are supposedly tons of smokin hot babes !! Yeehaw pardner
Rando and BG go to Cuba.

rando14

Not to deflate you expectations, but the Cuban sandwich was created by Cuban immigrants in America, it's not something you'll find on the island!

Hmmm this is indeed deflating, BUT I still would expect good food there right?? It's all I hear

I have a friend who went to Cuba when it was illegal still (flew to MEX then Cuba) and he said it was the Time of His Life !!

Rando and BG go to Cuba.

Me on the shuttle to the airport as you are running to catch up with us:

mtL4bAn.gif

(I would definitely wear that exact hat to Cuba tho... gotta fit in with the locals!!)

Godslay

Banned
Yep, people point to Carolina's point differential, but we're not trying to run up the score against bad teams. We have a crappy offensive line and no playmakers on the outside, so throwing the ball when we're already up 1 or 2 scores is just dumb. We showed against Seattle that when we absolutely need points through the air, we can get them, but otherwise we're going to pound it in-between the tackles using our 250 pound freak athlete of a QB to manufacture a numbers advantage.

Point differential is easily skewed, and really dependent on the play style of the team. Look at NE. NE will run up the score, and it inflates their point differential. That's not a bad thing, because we know Belichick will do that, and it gives his less than stellar D plenty of cushion to make mistakes. That's their style, in that they can never have too many points, and they have the playmakers to do it.

Denver is transitioning to a different style team than it has been in the past few years. We had somewhat of the same philosophy as the Pats in that they would run up the score and give the D enough cushion to hide it's warts. Now they want to be a defensive minded team that controls the TOP via the run game. Manning isn't expected to have to throw 40 or 50 times a game or to pile on points as fast as they can. At least that's the theory. It's a different style of football that results in lower margins of victory, than say the Pats or the Packers.

Will it burn us if a team piles on the points? Sure. The opposite could be said as well, will it burn opposing teams if we trap their defense on the field and limit the amount of touches their offense gets? Absolutely. Just boils down to who executes, and exerts their will on the opposing team. Something that all of the winning teams have done to their opponents to get where they are.

MechDX

Adam Wexler ‏@awexler · 1h1 hour ago
#Texans DeAndre Hopkins named AFC off. plyr of wk. If he has 147+ yds receiving vs Mia, he'll have most yds in #NFL history thru 7 games.

Yay more wasted talent

Top Bottom