• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

Line_HTX

SQrpZIw.jpg

OMG, there's FREE 12-pack Mountain Dew Black Ops III GAME FUEL and specially marked Black Ops III Doritos!!!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Y'all talking shit on OC Jim Bob Cooter may need to reevaluate things

Meet the Lions' new offensive coordinator: Jim Bob Cooter

After Joe Lombardi was fired on Monday, the Detroit Lions handed the offensive reigns to quarterbacks coach Jim Bob Cooter. With the season essentially over, Cooter won't be expected to immediately fix all of the Lions' offensive problems, but there is a certain hope hanging around him that he can at least make the offense look competent again. So let's take a deeper look into Cooter to see what he brings in his heightened role with the team.

Cooter's coaching career began at 25 years old (he's 31 now). After serving two years as a graduate assistant at the University of Tennessee (he was a backup quarterback there as a student), he was hired as an offensive assistant for the Indianapolis Colts by none other than Jim Caldwell. Cooter served as an assistant in 2009 and 2010, during the Peyton Manning era. In his third season with the Colts, Cooter was promoted to assistant offensive coordinator. It's unclear how his role changed that year, but he did not call offensive plays for Indianapolis that season.

After Caldwell's regime was fired in 2012, Cooter landed in Kansas City, as the Chiefs' offensive quality control coach. After just one year with the Chiefs, Cooter reunited with Manning in Denver, where he served as an offensive assistant.

When Jim Caldwell was hired in Detroit, he made it a priority to get Cooter back in his regime to help with fixing Matthew Stafford. When Cooter took the job, Peyton Manning was not happy about losing one of his coaches:

When the #Lions hired Jim Bob Cooter away from the #Broncos, Peyton Manning was very upset. He was a valued part of his preparation.

In 2014, Cooter served as quarterbacks coach for the Lions, and now, just seven weeks into the season, Cooter has his first offensive coordinator gig.

Cooter's rise from college backup quarterback to NFL offensive coordinator in just ten years does not come as a surprise to some. Caldwell praised Cooter's ability to quickly grasp offensive schemes. "It was just unbelievable how much information he can devour. There are some guys who just have an unusual knack and he has that," Caldwell said of his time in Indianapolis. Other's praise Cooter's high intelligence:

"Jim Bob Cooter is seriously one of the smartest guys I’ve ever covered. Got a 35 on his ACT back in the day. Will be a head coach one day."

But Cooter's best quality may be his commitment to work. Cooter has been pivotal in offensive game-planning in both Indianapolis and Denver, and he has even been called a "film rat," due to his habit of spending hours in the film room gathering information.

And, yes, Cooter has been arrested. Twice.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/...ions-new-offensive-coordinator-jim-bob-cooter

Not in the article curiously but the Bears and John Fox tried to get Cooter to become OC but the Lions blocked it. Not sure how. Impressive resume for a guy who's 31.

Unlike Lombardi he's played QB at a high level as a backup at Tenneesee and rose the ranks in coaching quickly.

Y'all talking shit on OC Jim Bob Cooter may need to reevaluate things

Meet the Lions' new offensive coordinator: Jim Bob Cooter

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2015/...ions-new-offensive-coordinator-jim-bob-cooter

Not in the article curiously but the Bears and John Fox tried to get Cooter to become OC but the Lions blocked it. Not sure how. Impressive resume for a guy who's 31.

Unlike Lombardi he's played QB at a high level as a backup at Tenneesee and rose the ranks in coaching quickly.

Getting drunk and breaking into a girl's bedroom is surely a sign of a genius.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Getting drunk and breaking into a girl's bedroom is surely a sign of a genius.

Eh, he was 25, we've all done stupid shit in varying degrees.

Other than his arrests his testing scores have been in the Top 5 Percentile and you don't become an OC this quickly by not knowing the game of football.

I know I stanned Joe Lombardi but in the back of my mind I always knew a huge reason he got to where he got was because of his last name.

Football:

Cardinals looked same as the rest of the reason. Good everywhere except the redzone. If they can't fix that they aren't going anywhere post season.

Games:

I really want to play Halo 5, but fuck buying an Xbone. I will probably get Blops 3 for PS4 doh.

Hunter S.

Football:

I really want to play Halo 5, but fuck buying an Xbone. I will probably get Blops 3 for PS4 doh.

I played every Halo and I just do not find it worth get an X1 for this one. Might be worth buying the x1 in three years when it is cheaper and it has a lot of good games the PS4 does not. And I also prefer CoD to Halo. ;-)

Fuck the Packers!

I played every Halo and I just do not find it worth get an X1 for this one. Might be worth buying the x1 in three years when it is cheaper and it has a lot of good games the PS4 does not. And I also prefer CoD to Halo. ;-)

Fuck the Packers!

I am hoping for a PC release especially with all the compromises for 60fps, but probably not going to happen.

Top Bottom