• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

MRSA

Banned
Me and Ninja managed to enjoy the 90s. That was not a great decade for the Lakers. At least not until we got Shaq and even then before we got Phil we would get swept in the playoffs every year by bum ass bums.

We just need the second coming of Cedric the Great. With that I will have the fuel I need to argue on the internet that he is the best player in the league.

Don't forget mother fuckin Elden Campbell. The 90s Lakers were a scrappy as fuck team. Nick the Quick and Eddie Jones.

Sanjuro

Me and Ninja managed to enjoy the 90s. That was not a great decade for the Lakers. At least not until we got Shaq and even then before we got Phil we would get swept in the playoffs every year by bum ass bums.

We just need the second coming of Cedric the Great. With that I will have the fuel I need to argue on the internet that he is the best player in the league.

At least you aren't dumb Laker fans. Most have given me the, "Where were you when the Celtics sucked?"

The answer is usually same place as you when the Lakers were hot magma fecal.

bionic77

at first I was like wtf, then I remembered you're a Yankes, Steelers, Lakers fan. Makes so much sense.
Don't lie about me like you lied to us about the Texans.

I was never a Yankees fan. I was a Pirates fan when I was a kid but I grew out of baseball when I realized one day it was boring as fuck. I also followed the Penguins for awhile but eventually I also got sick of Hockey. I did not bandwagon onto those teams when they became good again recently because that would be a bitch ass thing to do.

You are from Texas so you are probably not aware of this but there are no professional basketball teams in Pittsburgh. I, like many of our female relatives, fell in love with Magic and company in the 80s. Does it make me a bandwagon fan to love beauty, greatness and sexy short shorts? No of course not. This is America you fat Texan coward. Stop spreading lies about me and trying to make me out to be a bandwagon fan.

bionic77

Don't forget mother fuckin Elden Campbell. The 90s Lakers were a scrappy as fuck team. Nick the Quick and Eddie Jones.
I was there brother.

I still can't get over how Elden ran. He just never never learned. That said despite his inability to walk or run like a normal human being he as decent offensively.

Eddie was kind of a flop but Nick will always be near and dear to me. That amount of swag will not be denied. Cannot be denied.

squicken

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/clutch-encounters/2015/clutch-encounters-week-7#comment-1007231

Scott Kacsmar has a pretty interesting opinion/point on the Patriot with BB, Gronk and Brady. You'll have to read a few comments and look at these his data to see his whole thought on it

I also think there's a big difference between deciding how much credit to give a QB in his style of offense compared to analyzing the overall success of said offense. It's like how a run-and-shoot offense puts up results against so many defenses, but that doesn't mean Graham Harrell should have won the Heisman or gone higher in the draft than Michael Crabtree. I think NE's offense is basically plug-and-play except for Gronkowski. There's no good replacement for that guy, and when he's healthy, that makes this whole thing work a lot better than it should. They can have success being one-dimensional and with a passing game that doesn't even use the whole field.
The real gulf between the Patriots and the rest of the NFL is what Belichick and his coaches do every year. Maybe part of it is his willingness to bend or break the rules, but he gives his team a greater advantage than any other coach. The standard is the standard for Tomlin, obviously. Andy Reid still doesn't know how to manage a clock. Marvin Lewis can't win a Wild Card game. Rex Ryan can't coach offense. Sean Payton can't coach defense. Mike McCarthy is somewhere contemplating a field goal right now. Tony Dungy is wondering why he doesn't punt and John Fox expects a kneeldown. Jeff Fisher is figuring out how to finish 8-8 this year. One Harbaugh is already gone and the other has to figure out how to replace what's been lost since his one SB win. Pete Carroll has come up short on the doorstep of greatness twice now (USC and Seattle). Tom Coughlin has gotten the best of Belichick a few times, but he's more likely to miss the playoffs than anything.

Behind the Los
CScf5k1WIAA0X8k.jpg

0-9 yards
CScgaSTWsAEYYxk.jpg

10+
CScgaSTWsAEYYxk.jpg

I'm sorry guys, I know how this day ends. The Dolphins do just enough to get our hopes up and then they crush them. That's how it's been my entire life so why not punctuate it with a gut-wrenching loss to the Patriots in prime time on my birthday?

Happy birthday day bro!!! Sorry about tonight :( just enjoy your day as much as you can before the game starts

Chris is a Cowboys, Lakers and Yankees fan

Fucken lies!! Im a dolphin, lakers, romo supporter.

Line_HTX

Crap, I forgot the McKinney was carted off the field and still is under the concussion protocol. That hit in the Jags game was too scary.

BigAT

Some JPP contract details:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
"Jason Pierre-Paul's contract w/ Giants includes $1.5m in base salary guaranteed, another $1.5m in per-game roster bonuses, source said.

Pierre-Paul has playtime and sack incentives that can get him up to the remaining $8.7m he would've earned on the franchise tender.

Full story coming on Pierre-Paul's contract. Bottom line: if he's active for seven games and hits no incentives, he gets $3m, FA in spring."

Pretty much as expected.

Some JPP contract details:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
"Jason Pierre-Paul's contract w/ Giants includes $1.5m in base salary guaranteed, another $1.5m in per-game roster bonuses, source said.

Pierre-Paul has playtime and sack incentives that can get him up to the remaining $8.7m he would've earned on the franchise tender.

Full story coming on Pierre-Paul's contract. Bottom line: if he's active for seven games and hits no incentives, he gets $3m, FA in spring."

Pretty much as expected.

Indeed. He's taking scout team reps today which is a good sign. More on the incentives:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 5m5 minutes ago
JPP gets $214K each game active (up to 7 G/max of $1.5M). Additional $100K/week for 45% of snaps (200K for 75%, 250K for 80%) - Max of $3.9M

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 3m3 minutes ago
JPP's sack bonuses kick in at 1/2 sack ($50K) and go up $50K/sack up to 9.5 sacks (worth $1M). Gets $864K trigger at 7.5 sacks...

i.e. he needs to play his ass off to get to that top dollar.

Coughlin continues to downplay his weight and says he thinks he might be better off playing at 268 pounds though he does concede he needs more time in the weight room. Frankly, I don't think he's entirely wrong. JPP has played at nearly 278 in the past which I thought was too heavy and robbed him of some of his speed. Closer to 270 made more sense to me.

Happy birthday fellow fin bro. Suh's gonna break Brady's legs for you tonight.

Edit: Does anyone know what I can do to get a new password on this site? I cant remember mine and my phone browser logged me out and now I cant get back in. I tried filling out the new password request on the site, it has been over a week and I havent gotten an email yet.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Happy birthday fellow fin bro. Suh's gonna break Brady's legs for you tonight.

Edit: Does anyone know what I can do to get a new password on this site? I cant remember mine and my phone browser logged me out and now I cant get back in. I tried filling out the new password request on the site, it has been over a week and I havent gotten an email yet.

pm a mod

Some Niners turmoil:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...davis-joe-staley-squared-off-over-kaepernick/

Earlier this week, Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reported that a players-only meeting took a negative turn over criticism of quarterback Colin Kaepernick. We now know who the key players in that players-only meeting were.

Maiocco confirms that tight end Vernon Davis called out Kaepernick and tackle Joe Staley took up for his quarterback. Per Maiocco, the “exchange became heated and may have even gotten physical.”

The three men reportedly “cleared the air” within days after the incident, and coach Jim Tomsula has downplayed any such internal exchange as being no different than an Italian dinner.

Based on whatever Tomsula has been eating, the need to “clear the air” at one of his dinners could be both figurative and literal.

The news comes at a time when Davis has been the subject of trade speculation. And it could be that whoever leaked the involvement of Davis in the fraςas is hoping that word of the discord will be enough to get another team to make the first call regarding a potential trade of a player who is in the last year of his contract with the team.

I'm sorry guys, I know how this day ends. The Dolphins do just enough to get our hopes up and then they crush them. That's how it's been my entire life so why not punctuate it with a gut-wrenching loss to the Patriots in prime time on my birthday?

Happy birthday man. Don't give up hope! We have to believe.

Top Bottom