• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Line_HTX

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 14m14 minutes ago

"He is a legendary player that is working hard at being better."

- CC on NFL Countdown regarding J.J. Watt

CYS1X05W8AUNUcP.jpg:large

But it's none of my business who is working hard, right eznark?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
NFL coaching tracker: In wake of new GM hiring, Lions coach Jim Caldwell's job is not safe, @RapSheet reports https://t.co/tprdnwMv3y

New GM is from Pats. Patricia inbound ?

From Ian Rappaport who also started baseless rumors that Matthew Stafford was on the trading block.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...ons-coaching-search-jim-caldwell-job-security

Detroit beat writers are saying it differently. Either way the next few days and what Quin does will be huge.

The main thing above all else is retaining Coach Cooter. Matthew Stafford made it clear in a postgame interview with Steve Young after the Saints MNF game he would like to have input in some of the decisions made in the future. "I've been in the league a long time.." Stafford said something like that.

Then in postgame interviews after the Bears W, Stafford again mentioned his relationship with Coach Cooter and how he would love to have him back.

Stafford is usually reserved in postgame interviews so for him to just come out and emphasize Coach Cooter coming back next year.

"Jim Bob and I see the game the same way," Stafford said

Stafford and Coach Cooter have developed a QB-Coach relationship to where that should not be broken up especially given the results so far. Doing so would IMO be a slight against Stafford.

Stafford has IMO earned the respect a franchise QB like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Bree's, Aaron Rodger's all have/had in their primes. You shouldn't make a move with your offense with strongly taking in their input.

rando14

How do you know I'm not rich already, BFF Dutch, hmmm?

Nah, I'm poor as fuck. Sallie Mae got my balls in a vice and shit. Do drive German though

Are you a car guy or a prestige guy?

I've always wondering, when/if I have money, would I spend the extra $ on a luxury German vehicle? But then I think, they take fancy-boy gas and I think they have higher repair costs, why not just get a reliable Toyota!!

From Ian Rappaport who also started baseless rumors that Matthew Stafford was on the trading block.

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...ons-coaching-search-jim-caldwell-job-security

Detroit beat writers are saying it differently. Either way the next few days and what Quin does will be huge.

The main thing above all else is retaining Coach Cooter. Matthew Stafford made it clear in a postgame interview with Steve Young after the Saints MNF game he would like to have input in some of the decisions made in the future. "I've been in the league a long time.." Stafford said something like that.

Then in postgame interviews after the Bears W, Stafford again mentioned his relationship with Coach Cooter and how he would love to have him back.

Stafford is usually reserved in postgame interviews so for him to just come out and emphasize Coach Cooter coming back next year.

Stafford and Coach Cooter have developed a QB-Coach relationship to where that should not be broken up especially given the results so far. Doing so would IMO be a slight against Stafford.

Stafford has IMO earned the respect a franchise QB like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Bree's, Aaron Rodger's all have/had in their primes. You shouldn't make a move with your offense with strongly taking in their input.

Even franchise QBs don't decide what coaches stay or go, Jim Bob Cooter is a perfect example. Peyton Manning didn't want him to leave, but he went anyway.

Mindlog

I've always wondering, when/if I have money, would I spend the extra $ on a luxury German vehicle? But then I think, they take fancy-boy gas and I think they have higher repair costs, why not just get a reliable Toyota!!
I thought NFL GAF was sponsored by Buick.
I've been told to lease various vehicles and took a hard pass on all of them. Waste my damn money. People are crazy. Give me comfortable and fuel efficient all day erryday. We are not young Gatas anymore.

MechDX

Don't be such a basic bitch and accept your Pats North Future!

Bread

Banned

My vo is class

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Even franchise QBs don't decide what coaches stay or go, Jim Bob Cooter is a perfect example. Peyton Manning didn't want him to leave, but he went anyway.

That's why I said "earned the respect have/had in their prime."

At that point in Peyton's career he was what, 38 years old? The Colts had the choice of Andrew Luck or RG3. The Colts had to move on and while Peyton got the Colts a Super Bowl the franchise had to move on. At 30 years old though? Jim Irsay is listening to what Peyton had to say about the offense, who his backup QB is etc.

BTW I think Tony Romo was/maybe still is in this class/discussion.

I know a lot on NFLGAF disagree with me, but 28 year old Matthew Stafford has earned that respect that is due to a franchise QB when it comes to input on the offense going forward based on his tenure and success here.

An analytical guy coming in who's probably never played football making sweeping changes would probably ruffle some feathers of seasoned vets in the locker room.

It was really telling to me in that postgame interview with Steve Young how Matthew Stafford basically said "I've been in the league a long time, seen a lot, check the stats and film etc."

Spinluck

My rich advice is: Spend low on cars, high on house.

I'm in the market for a car this year.

I was thinking a Honda Civic 2014-- not sure what trim/model yet, my friend just got a Chrysler 200c 2015. It looks nice. Sidenote: I do not know much about cars.

But I agree, cars are not the best investments.

Top Bottom