• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

That ending was absurd. I'm so sick of the Steelers, but you really can't root for the Bengals with the way they completely lost their shit in the last minute. Neither of these teams should advance. Neither should either team from the morning contest, frankly. A disappointing day for football all around.

Beach

If you are the Texans and have too high of a pick to draft the best QBS in the draft why wouldn't you try to trade for AJ McCarron?

I really don't think it would be a good idea to fire Marvin Lewis, although it seems like that's what the public outcry is at the moment. He almost beat the Steelers with AJ McCarron. Burfict did what he did in the heat of the moment, it makes no sense to allow that one play to decide the direction of your franchise.

He is the Peyton Manning of head coaches. Regardless of tonight he is 0-7 in the playoffs

They just showed a replay where Porter was trailing behind Brown... Literally forty or fifty seconds ago.

That wasn't when the flag occurred though, it happened well before that. You don't get to go and start shit away from an injured player then walk off with him a minute or two later and say "I wasn't doing anything wrong, I was just helping Brown off"

Duxxy3

Should take a look at whomever makes the personnel decisions in Cincy.

Everybody knows the character of Burfict and Pacman.

Everyone killing Lewis, you can't teach morons not to be morons, you can cut them though, or not sign them to your roster, but you know, that's not Lewis' job. Lewis didn't tell Burfict to run the ball into his own endzone.

Marvin Lewis has a say in player personnel. And as a coach, it's also his job to keep this guys in line, and if they aren't in line, bench them and keep them off the field. Coaches might not always get to pick and choose who their players are, but they do have a hand in enabling bad behavior.

The head coach is going to definitely chew both James & Burfict out in the locker room for costing them the game & the season, all because they can't control themselves.

Stupid.

It's just as much Lewis's fault. He needs to control his players. That was a deliberate hit by Burfict, and he cost his team the game, and Jones just made it worse.

What I say stands. Lewis needs to be fired, and Burfict and Jones need to be suspended all of next season. Shit, after this performance, does the NFL has the equivalent of the NCAA's death penalty? I'd look into that too.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm still in shock that shit actually happened

I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that I watched it unfold live

I had a small inkling that it wouldn't happen, but kinda knew it would. This IS the Bungles we're talking about here.

Was it a clear helmet to helmet hit, or was it shoulder to helmet?

untitled-4oql6j.gif

Marvin Lewis has a say in player personnel. And as a coach, it's also his job to keep this guys in line, and if they aren't in line, bench them and keep them off the field. Coaches might not always get to pick and choose who their players are, but they do have a hand in enabling bad behavior.

yep couldn't agree more, it's on his shoulders to get them in line.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Everyone killing Lewis, you can't teach morons not to be morons, you can cut them though, or not sign them to your roster, but you know, that's not Lewis' job. Lewis didn't tell Burfict to run the ball into his own endzone.

Funny, I was a huge Burfict fan coming into that draft but the knock on him was always that he was a pinhead. Effectively erased the Bengals season.

Bread

Banned
I really don't think it would be a good idea to fire Marvin Lewis, although it seems like that's what the public outcry is at the moment. He almost beat the Steelers with AJ McCarron. Burfict did what he did in the heat of the moment, it makes no sense to allow that one play to decide the direction of your franchise.
He almost beat the Ben-less Steelers with AJ McCarron. Is that so impressive that he should keep his job after continuous playoff failure?

Top Bottom