• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Bungles would be out of their minds to fire Lewis. But they're the Bungles, so they might.

He's a good regular season coach... The Bengals have a talented squad; they could do better.

Again, Mike Brown will never fire Lewis as long as he keeps having winning seasons. Mike Brown couldn't give two fucks about anything as long as he keeps making money.

Going far into the playoffs + Super Bowl appearance/win is worth a shitton financially speaking.

0-7 in the playoffs, with pretty talented squads is mediocre. And he can't control his players too..

LycanXIII

Playing with fire keeping those guys on the squad. Yes, they're talented, but you're accepting the risk that they'll pull some dumb shit like they just did.

But yes, I would agree this falls on the GM more than it does on Marvin.

Bengals don't have a GM. Marvin's the top besides Mike Brown.

Kusagari

Marvin Lewis has a say in player personnel. And as a coach, it's also his job to keep this guys in line, and if they aren't in line, bench them and keep them off the field. Coaches might not always get to pick and choose who their players are, but they do have a hand in enabling bad behavior.

Lewis is also the one who sought out Bufict in the draft. You can read numerous stories about how much Burfict impressed him and he didn't believe all the negativity. People act like it's just Brown but Lewis seems to think he can change and influence guys with questionable histories.

This game proves he can't.

I really don't think it would be a good idea to fire Marvin Lewis, although it seems like that's what the public outcry is at the moment. He almost beat the Steelers with AJ McCarron. Burfict did what he did in the heat of the moment, it makes no sense to allow that one play to decide the direction of your franchise.

I know, Bengals will probably regress if he gets fired. If Dalton wasn't injured they'll probably would have been the top seed in the AFC. A new head coach will most likely take them to Browns tier.

cdyhybrid

Broncos-Steelers next week brehs

TA60o9a.gif

jbug617

Banned
The way it went VB tried to reach out to AB as he was leaving the field. Joey Porter, who was right there, saw that and said something. VB then talked to the Ref and Pacman went to go after Porter who was being held back by another Ref. Pacman bumped the ref holding back Porter. It wasn't intentional by Pacman but the Ref didn't see it. He felt the contact and threw the flag.

LionPride

Banned
I really thought Marv should've been fired before the Bengals came back. I can't blame him for how that game ended. Can't blame him at all.

Colasante

He almost beat the Ben-less Steelers with AJ McCarron. Is that so impressive that he should keep his job after continuous playoff failure?

Yeah. I don't think there's any blame to be laid at Lewis' feet about this loss that stemmed from his coaching deficiencies. Jeremy Hill fumbled, Vontaze Burfict laid a stupid late hit on Brown. If those plays didn't happen, Marvis Lewis would have won a playoff game. It's not like his team was unprepared and blown out. Allowing the direction of your franchise to hinge on one play is way too reactionary.

Furyous

Should take a look at whomever makes the personnel decisions in Cincy.

Everybody knows the character of Burfict and Pacman.

Adam Jones completely turned his life around so that is an unwarranted accusation. No, we don't know the character of Adam Jones unless YOU know something the rest of us don't.

Vontaze has issues that he needs to address in the offseason.

He almost beat the Ben-less Steelers with AJ McCarron. Is that so impressive that he should keep his job after continuous playoff failure?

*stands in this line*

Bengals need to fire Marvin Lewis because it is clearly his fault that his running back fumbled the ball, Vontaze went for the headshot on a crucial play, and Pacman earned a penalty at the worst time.

Everyone killing Lewis, you can't teach morons not to be morons, you can cut them though, or not sign them to your roster, but you know, that's not Lewis' job. Lewis didn't tell Burfict to run the ball into his own endzone.

Pretty sure Lewis has enough pull in the building to cut who he wants. Especially those two dipshits.

Holy shit that game. lol

Was gonna post a gif from earlier in the season for Coldnoodle, but can't given those circumstances, I mean got damn.

RIP Bungles

daveo42

Banned
He's a good regular season coach... The Bengals have a talented squad; they could do better.

Going far into the playoffs + Super Bowl appearance/win is worth a shitton financially speaking.

0-7 in the playoffs, with pretty talented squads is mediocre. And he can't control his players too..

You don't know Mike Brown like Cincinnati fans do. He's still making money with what he has. He makes money, he's happy. He'll only worry about replacement when he isn't making money because that's the kind of man Mike Brown is. He doesn't have to do anything and he still makes money, so whatever is doing it, he's fine with it.

tmdorsey

Everyone killing Lewis, you can't teach morons not to be morons, you can cut them though, or not sign them to your roster, but you know, that's not Lewis' job. Lewis didn't tell Burfict to run the ball into his own endzone.

Yeah I don't get why Lewis is getting so much heat. I'm sure he told them dumbasses over and over to stay cool and don't do anything stupid. These are grown men. I guess you could say he could have took them out of the game, but there're a couple of your best players in playoff game. You got to hope they would be smart enough not to cost their team the game.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Brown took a good one there, very nerve wracking watching this stuff knowing all we know. Hopefully he recovers and there's nothing serious in terms of long term damage.

Honestly I feel bad right now lol. Jeremy hill is a moron, but god the look on his face.

Top Bottom