• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

cdyhybrid

Adam Jones completely turned his life around so that is an unwarranted accusation. No, we don't know the character of Adam Jones unless YOU know something the rest of us don't.

Vontaze has issues that he needs to address in the offseason.

People been saying Vontaze has to address those issues since college. It isn't happening.

But the Browns don't have Tebow to bail them out this time. Ah well, maybe Peyton will be able keep them in the game ;-)

He will rise. I believe.

TheFatOne

Man people acting as if Broncos got this against Steelers.

Our QB is Peyton Manning,
I say that as a bad thing.

Steelers don't exactly have the best defense ever. If and I know this is a big if Manning doesn't turn the ball over fifty times then it should be an easy win. No Brown, and a hurt Ben. No way the Steelers even make this a competitive game.

Edit:It's a perfect game for Manning to look good against a subpar defense so that the media can hype the last Brady vs Manning showdown.

Corsick

Pretty sure Lewis has enough pull in the building to cut who he wants. Especially those two dipshits.

A mediocre coach who's 0-7 in the only games that matter having pull in a dog house would be enough to make me laugh, but if the Bungles are that dysfunctional that they'd let him keep coaching after this then they deserve to go 0-16 for eternity. Either make a move that shows you care about doing more than embarrassing yourselves as soon as you get into the big boy games or just start tanking every year. It's the same thing at this point.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I wouldn't even blame Bengals fans for defecting from this team.

It's tempting it really is but I've been a fan of this team through worse times (lost decade) and I'll continue to stick with them. As much as that hurts and frustrates me.

Yeah I don't get why Lewis is getting so much heat. I'm sure he told them dumbasses over and over to stay cool and don't do anything stupid. These are grown men. I guess you could say he could have took them out of the game, but there're a couple of your best players in playoff game. You got to hope they would be smart enough not to cost their team the game.

PacMan and Vontaze (Vontaze specifically) are on the team because of Lewis. The dude's been the coach for 10 years let's not act like he has no pull or say. If he wanted the fuck ups off his team they'd be gone. He picked his players and lost control of them. That's on him.

LionPride

Banned
Why not? Dude couldn't control his team. He is to blame.
That shit doesn't happen if Jeremy doesn't fumble. Vontaze wouldn't have been back on the field to hit AB with his shoulder. Joey Porter startin shit for no reason with dudes who he probably played against since he retired in 2011. I aint blaming Lewis

Beach

Adam Jones completely turned his life around so that is an unwarranted accusation. No, we don't know the character of Adam Jones unless YOU know something the rest of us don't.

Vontaze has issues that he needs to address in the offseason.
When did Pacman turn his life around?

55f6abbf500f9.image.jpg

Bread

Banned
Yeah. I don't think there's any blame to be laid at Lewis' feet about this loss that stemmed from his coaching deficiencies. Jeremy Hill fumbled, Vontaze Burfict laid a stupid late hit on Brown. If those plays didn't happen, Marvis Lewis would have won a playoff game. It's not like his team was unprepared and blown out. Allowing the direction of your franchise to hinge on one play is way too reactionary.
Ok but this isn't the first time that Lewis has come up short. This is years of frustration plus a terrible collapse, I wouldn't say that it's reactionary.

MechDX

shannon sharpe ‏@ShannonSharpe 4m4 minutes ago
NFL needs to look at why J. Porter was on field after the @AntonioBrown84 hit. No reason for a position coach to be on the field.

Good point.

Of course I read the tweet in Sharpes lisp voice

effzee

That was a reaction to this joke of a CBS crew losing their minds over Burfict.

Yeah I love how Jim and Phil completely glossed over the Shazier hit and were even over analyzing the Ben hit 5 minutes later but the Burfict hit was the end of sportsmanship!

The CBS crew is a joke and the refs were horrendous

That shit doesn't happen if Jeremy doesn't fumble. Vontaze wouldn't have been back on the field to hit AB with his shoulder. Joey Porter startin shit for no reason with dudes who he probably played against since he retired in 2011. I aint blaming Lewis

The game was already chippy as hell prior to all of that. The warnings were there. Lewis apparently didn't do shit, or didn't do enough at least.

LJ11

Marvin Lewis has a say in player personnel. And as a coach, it's also his job to keep this guys in line, and if they aren't in line, bench them and keep them off the field. Coaches might not always get to pick and choose who their players are, but they do have a hand in enabling bad behavior.

But the damage is done. If Burfict wasn't touched down you just got safetied because he did something completely stupid. You can bench him after the fact, but damage is done. I mean, did Burfict do anything other than the ridiculous celebration to warrant a benching? Same with Pacman, he didn't do anything before he got flagged for the 15 yarder that would warrent a benching.

The stupid runs through their veins, which goes back to your first sentence. How much control does he have with regards to the roster? I have no real clue, few do, its usually the Mike Brown show. Game was a shit show, everyone lost their cool, you had coaches talking smack and pushing players, dirty hits. Coaches catch too much shit for players just being flat out dumb.

ampere

When did Pacman turn his life around?

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/waaytv.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/6/9b/69b1ad6a-5ad1-11e5-9e10-571ba243d8e5/55f6abbf500f9.image.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Yup. Pacman is still Pacman. Never changed

Chiggs

Gold Member
Steelers don't exactly have the best defense ever. If and I know this is a big if Manning doesn't turn the ball over fifty times then it should be an easy win. No Brown, and a hurt Ben. No way the Steelers even make this a competitive game.

Edit:It's a perfect game for Manning to look good against a subpar defense so that the media can hype the last Brady vs Manning showdown.

The other x-factor here is that the Steelers had some dirty plays against the Broncos the last time. Case in point:

https://twitter.com/thecauldron/status/678698783723511808

And then coupled with tonight's bullshit, it's going to be a flag fest for Pittsburgh.

Acrylic7

I don't think people understand how hard it is to realize a play didn't catch the ball then adjust your body to evade the player while running top speed In that short amount of time. On the field and watching from home are waaaaaaay different things.
I'm not so sure he did that on purpose, but ehh it happened.

Bread

Banned
*stands in this line*

Bengals need to fire Marvin Lewis because it is clearly his fault that his running back fumbled the ball, Vontaze went for the headshot on a crucial play, and Pacman earned a penalty at the worst time.
Bengals need to fire Marvin Lewis because his teams continue to lose at the biggest moments.

Kusagari

But the damage is done. If Burfict wasn't touched down you just got safetied because he did something completely stupid. You can bench him after the fact, but damage is done. I mean, did Burfict do anything other than the ridiculous celebration to warrant a benching? Same with Pacman, he didn't do anything before he got flagged for the 15 harder that would warrent a benching.

The stupid runs through their veins, which goes back to your first sentence. How much control does he have with regards to the roster? I have no real clue, few do, its usually the Mike Brown show. Game was a shit show, everyone lost their cool, you had coaches talking smack and pushing players, dirty hits. Coaches catch too much shit for players just being flat out dumb.

Mike Brown ceded control of most personnel decisions to Lewis years ago. Lewis is the one in charge in Cincy.

As someone who doesn't care about either team, can I just say how emotionally satisfying it was to see two of the biggest scumbags in the league, Burfict and Hill, cost their team the win.

Top Bottom