• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

I don't think people understand how hard it is to realize a play didn't catch the ball then adjust your body to evade the player while running top speed In that short amount of time. On the field and watching from home are waaaaaaay different things.
I'm not so sure he did that on purpose, but ehh it happened.

Is this a fake post?

Furyous

That's an on the field incident. The word "character" was mentioned. Use of this word implies there's something other than football issues are at play. His emotions got the best of him one (now two) times. It sucks but these aren't "character" issues which is an incredibly loaded term by the way. Adam Jones has turned his life around from his time in Tennessee and this game is not proof he's some outlaw.

Bengals need to fire Marvin Lewis because his teams continue to lose at the biggest moments.

Jeff Fisher has job security despite not making the playoffs in forever. It would be one thing if this team quit on Marvin Lewis. It would be another thing if this team lost in a blowout today with Andy Dalton healthy. Losing to a division rival with your backup second year rookie QB is not cause for termination. A normal team wins the game after AJ's touchdown but hotheads were on the field.

But the damage is done. If Burfict wasn't touched down you just got safetied because he did something completely stupid. You can bench him after the fact, but damage is done. I mean, did Burfict do anything other than the ridiculous celebration to warrant a benching? Same with Pacman, he didn't do anything before he got flagged for the 15 harder that would warrent a benching.

The stupid runs through their veins, which goes back to your first sentence. How much control does he have with regards to the roster? I have no real clue, few do, its usually the Mike Brown show. Game was a shit show, everyone lost their cool, you had coaches talking smack and pushing players, dirty hits. Coaches catch too much shit for players just being flat out dumb.

It's not looking at that one play in a vacuum. I'm not saying Lewis should have somehow predicted Burfict would hit Brown and take him out before. But Vontaze Burfict is a fuck up. Everybody knows that. Everybody has known for years. It's the main reason a guy with his talent went completely undrafted. Marvin Lewis hitched his wagon to Burfict. When he does that he's taking a risk that the guy, despite his talent, is going to blow up at the wrong time, and that's exactly what happened.

cdyhybrid

I don't think people understand how hard it is to realize a play didn't catch the ball then adjust your body to evade the player while running top speed In that short amount of time. On the field and watching from home are waaaaaaay different things.

Doesn't matter if it's on purpose, you can't hit guys in the head.

That's an on the field incident. The word "character" was mentioned. Use of this word implies there's something other than football issues are at play. His emotions got the best of him one (now two) times. It sucks but these aren't "character" issues which is an incredibly loaded term by the way. Adam Jones has turned his life around from his time in Tennessee and this game is not proof he's some outlaw.

"On the field" is typically used to refer to events that happen within the normal flow of the game. I don't think trying to gouge a guy's eyes out with his helmet off falls under that category.

pac.0.0.0.0.gif

edit: beaten

Exactly why I don't feel sorry for him. Still haven't forgotten all that off the field shit either.

Neonsands

Neo Member
Man, I love the Bengals. But it's hard to root for a team that actively tries to lose.

Burfict deserves whatever suspension they give him. I really have no idea what the call on Adam Jones was. Like I still don't get why he was flagged. And Jeremy fumbled the win away. I don't get it. The only things they could have done to hand the game away they did.

Dude from the first angle you can see he lowers his shoulder after he clearly missed the ball

Chiggs

Gold Member
As someone who doesn't care about either team, can I just say how emotionally satisfying it was to see two of the biggest scumbags in the league, Burfict and Hill, cost their team the win.

Yep, there has got to be some sort of satisfaction there.

Before I start making accusations, was Ryan Shazier making fun of that injured Bengal player early in the game? It seemed like it, but you never know.

daveo42

Banned
I think I'm going to throw my weight behind Denver. I can't honestly support Pittsburgh nor New England as I hate both teams, so I'll stick with Denver. Cincy luck will mean Pittsburgh will win the Super Bowl this year after winning yet another wild card game against the Bengals.

LeonSPBR

The ball was already out when he speed up and put his head down and went with his shoulder to attack his opponent. That was cleary intentional.

jmizzal

So what was the personal foul against pacman for? Didn't see anything in the replay.

It was a BS call, they just should it again on NFL network and Porter is in the middle of about 6 Bengles players and is talking trash, he has no reason the be over there the refs blew it

Corsick

PacMan and Vontaze (Vontaze specifically) are on the team because of Lewis. The dude's been the coach for 10 years let's not act like he has no pull or say. If he wanted the fuck ups off his team they'd be gone. He picked his players and lost control of them. That's on him.

Pretty much this. American Football is one of those sports where the impact of a great coach is seen as clearly as any other game on planet Earth, with the bad coaches being just as powerful. It's always on the coach and then the GM. It's almost like Lewis has a pattern of being inadequate in the most important time of the year (HINT: 0-7).

Drakeon

I think I'm going to throw my weight behind Denver. I can't honestly support Pittsburgh nor New England as I hate both teams, so I'll stick with Denver. Cincy luck will mean Pittsburgh will win the Super Bowl this year after winning yet another wild card game against the Bengals.

What's wrong with the Chiefs? The way the AFC looks, they definitely have to be a favorite at this very moment and certainly have had very little playoff success, especially recently.

Caja 117

Wao, seriously, how can you fuck up this badly, after the Bungles got the int they turned it over in the very next play????? I dont care if the flags were good or not, they lost the game the moment they gave the steelers a second chance and without even taking time of the clock.

Going to cross my fingers the Bengals don't fire Marvin Lewis and promote Hue Jackson...

You can't do worse than Lewis... 7 straight one-and-done with Super Bowl-capable rosters in most years (especially this year as the AFC was wide open).

And you retain Hue Jackson within the organisation (otherwise he leaves Cincy for a HC job).

Acrylic7

The ball was already out when he speed up and put his head down and went with his shoulder to attack his opponent. That was cleary intentional.
I need to see that full speed then. I can see that clearly in slo-mo but like I said on the field its just different.
Not trying to defend him or anything, just throwing it out there.

Understand but he definitely doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt after this game. That's what happens when you are a fuckface. NFL will come down on him hard because this was a terrible game on national television and everyone was watching.

Top Bottom