• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Line_HTX

wwNx2QM.gif

"You realize what you just done, you sunnovabitch?!"

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Why the sarcasm? I think he is one of the better offensive minds out there that's available. Id love for him to get the job. I think his biggest fuckup in Oakland was obviously trading for Palmer, but since that really has nothing to do with his coaching...

Anyone can be corrupted by the power of jed.

I dont dislike him

Furyous

i love all of you

yes especially YOU

Awww shucks I'm honored. I love you too. WE NEED A GROUP HUG GUYS.

----
Spin, your guy Chuck is back with the team. Are you thrilled? Irsay saw what happened with the Browns and said fuck this and tied both GM and coach together because continuity. I'm rooting for Ryan or Josh to land the number 2 gig next year personally.

Spinluck

Awww shucks I'm honored. I love you too. WE NEED A GROUP HUG GUYS.

----
Spin, your guy Chuck is back with the team. Are you thrilled? Irsay saw what happened with the Browns and said fuck this and tied both GM and coach together because continuity. I'm rooting for Ryan or Josh to land the number 2 gig next year personally.

Ehh, shit year but whatever, I'm just gonna back it 100% from here on out.

2-5 with Luck who probably should've been benched for some of those games (not only for his performance but his health...) And 6-3 with back ups. Denver game was Luck's best of the year after Pep got fired, and then we lost Luck right after Chud started working magic with him.

Pagano is mid-low tier as far as coaches go, but he had the locker room, and is a natural motivator. He fought hard for his job, and if Irsay snorted some angel dust and believes this year was a bump in the road in a much bigger picture and better outcome then so be it. I think we need to can our DC Manusky, if he stays then I truly don't know what the fuck is going on. We were basically the Texans this year except we're less complete as a team and don't have as many young up and coming players. We also rely heavily on good QB play.

Believe it or not, I think Pagano did a serviceable job with a depleted roster, I wouldn't have kept him personally, but that would mean Luck having 4 different OCs in 4 years. Also, with how much the players love Chuck, I don't really know if they'd rally behind a new guy. Let's see how they handle the draft and the rest of this off season.

Furyous

Ehh, shit year but whatever, I'm just gonna back it 100% from here on out.

2-5 with Luck who probably should've been benched for some of those games (not only for his performance but his health...) And 6-3 with back ups. Denver game was Luck's best of the year after Pep got fired, and then we lost Luck right after Chud started working magic with him.

Pagano is mid-low tier as far as coaches go, but he had the locker room, and is a natural motivator. He fought hard for his job, and if Irsay snorted some angel dust and believes this year was a bump in the road in a much bigger picture and better outcome then so be it. I think we need to can our DC Manusky, if he stays then I truly don't know what the fuck is going on. We were basically the Texans this year except we're less complete as a team and don't have as many young up and coming players. We also rely heavily on good QB play.

Believe it or not, I think Pagano did a serviceable job with a depleted roster, I wouldn't have kept him personally, but that would mean Luck having 4 different OCs in 4 years. Also, with how much the players love Chuck, I don't really know if they'd rally behind a new guy. Let's see how they handle the draft and the rest of this off season.

Just give it time and your team will succeed. Keep in mind that fans are impatient but winning takes years. Hell look at Peyton Manning. Remember how the firing of Jim Mora and the time it took Tony Dungy to win a championship. Sometimes you get all the pieces and some team finds a way to cheat by holding your receivers all game. I don't think you need another DC as that wouild set your team back. Players have to learn a new system while trying to win games. It might be better to adjust the current system and get new players rather than an entirely different DC.

If Irsay is on Angel Dust then what is Haslam on? Motherfucker said fuck conventional wisdom, let me get innovative with a 3-13 team because I have the money to do so. NFLGAF, we need to find out what Haslam is on.

KingBroly

Banned
Just give it time and your team will succeed. Keep in mind that fans are impatient but winning takes years. Hell look at Peyton Manning. Remember how the firing of Jim Mora and the time it took Tony Dungy to win a championship. Sometimes you get all the pieces and some team finds a way to cheat by holding your receivers all game. I don't think you need another DC as that wouild set your team back. Players have to learn a new system while trying to win games. It might be better to adjust the current system and get new players rather than an entirely different DC.

If Irsay is on Angel Dust then what is Haslam on? Motherfucker said fuck conventional wisdom, let me get innovative with a 3-13 team because I have the money to do so. NFLGAF, we need to find out what Haslam is on.

He looked at Dan Snyder's approach and said 'fuck it, I can do that but better!'

But I guess he didn't realize Dan came to the realization that he doesn't know fucking shit about football.

You call anything lol. Please dig up your post if so.

Sure.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=191157605

You're welcome friend. Anything for you.
I searched through last week to find that answer..

So.. We get Tom back to Ohio State when Andrew comes back home. agreed Texans-GAF/Cougar-GAF?

I am 90% sure we are taking a QB sir.

Goff or Paxton?

This is going to be the best off-season ever

On the crazy train we go!

plz we all know jerruh will take him under his wing and put him on the straight & narrow like he did greg hardy

He'll become a leader in the locker room

Is he good bread?

Phillip Rivers had a pretty amazing season considering he had no receivers or running backs and is playing for a garbage organization. Most underrated QB of our generation, maybe ever.

No lies detected.

squicken

Just give it time and your team will succeed. Keep in mind that fans are impatient but winning takes years..

How long did it take Bruce Arians to turn around Arizona? Or Harbs to turn around the 49ers? With good coaches, you know right away. Maybe the wins don't come right off the bat, but basic dumb crap stops happening. The Colts still lose too many games by 20+ points to be a well-coached team

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptrknju3ztu4otk4zjllmjuwymezzwiyodg5yzzjyjlh-e1446841726618.jpeg

Striker

Phillip Rivers had a pretty amazing season considering he had no receivers or running backs and is playing for a garbage organization. Most underrated QB of our generation, maybe ever.
They lost all but one game, but in the first eight games he had Keenan Allen. He was obviously missed later.

Felipe had double the TD's in the first half of the year than he did in the second. Keenan Allen Chargers MVP.

GOing to echo this.

Rivers is, sadly, going to be lost in the collective memory of transcendent QBs because the Chargers failed to give him a solid team at nearly any time in his career... ANd when they did, he typically had great success regular season success. It's a damn shame, but also pretty much justifies Archie Manning's desire to have Eli not play in San Diego. They're just not dedicated to putting a competitive team on the field.
Chargers were a top tier team in terms of talent from about 2005 until 2009. It's still hilarious they fired Marty after a 14-2 record.

SonnyBoy

Chargers were a top tier team in terms of talent from about 2005 until 2009. It's still hilarious they fired Marty after a 14-2 record.
I dont get the hatred towards this man. I don't get how the owners of at least 15 teams in this league aren't begging him to come coach their teams. Sure, he hasn't one the big game but what he'd offer is better than anything they've experienced.

Dolphins news:

The club is scheduled to interview former two-time Super Bowl winning coach Mike Shanahan, search point man Mike Tannenbaum said Monday. And Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin also is scheduled to interview.

The schedule the remainder of the week per multiple sources:

Buffalo Bills running back coach Anthony Lynn is scheduled to interview on Wednesday. Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Adam Gase is scheduled to interview on Thursday.

Dolphins interim coach Dan Campbell, who had a 5-7 record during his stint, is scheduled to interview on Friday.

That will round out a week that included former Atlanta Falcons head coach Mike Smith on Monday.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...w-york-city-tuesday-the-club-is-schedule.html

Buffalo Bills running back coach? Wut?

eznark

Banned
How long did it take Bruce Arians to turn around Arizona? Or Harbs to turn around the 49ers? With good coaches, you know right away. Maybe the wins don't come right off the bat, but basic dumb crap stops happening. The Colts still lose too many games by 20+ points to be a well-coached team

Did Arians have a lot to do with bringing in Palmer? To be fair to the Whiz, he had Kevin fucking Kolb at QB the last two years.

SonnyBoy

IMHO there are too many pieces to the puzzle to put that responsibility firmly on the HC. Last year Gruden looked like one of the worst coaches in the league. He had no GM, an idiot owner and a has-been QB in RGIII. This year, he has a legit GM and as you stated the "basic dumb crap stops happening" and Gruden looks like a competent coach.

IMHO there are too many pieces to the puzzle to put that responsibility firmly on the HC. Last year Gruden looked like one of the worst coaches in the league. He had no GM, an idiot owner and a has-been QB in RGIII. This year, he has a legit GM and as you stated the "basic dumb crap stops happening" and Gruden looks like a competent coach.
On top of that I think it's tough to ask a guy to be great at a job he's never done before without any time to grow into the role. If you get hired as a new HC you are competing against guys like Belichick, Reid, and Coughlin; coaches who have been at it for a decade or more. And everyone has the same goal.

That's just how it is, though. It's the same way with QB, most promising young prospects are thrown straight into the grinder and expected to win, often with bad teams. If things go poorly they shoulder a lot of the blame, unfairly or not.

This is racist and uncalled for!

You need to stop this hate, we are in the offseason, we should be friends now.

That's for BG to figure out. He's the QB whisperer.

I was surprised you didn't make a pun or something with Coons's name or something.

Also BG, since we are moving on from Squicken's hero it appears .. Paxton or Goff?

Kave please, the fun is only now just starting

EDIT: LOL, Ez's boy gets a sweet new SI cover:

CX9c1aJWkAADBzB.jpg

Stop the roller coaster, I wanna get off Rando.

kmag

On top of that I think it's tough to ask a guy to be great at a job he's never done before without any time to grow into the role. If you get hired as a new HC you are competing against guys like Belichick, Reid, and Coughlin; coaches who have been at it for a decade or more. And everyone has the same goal.

That's just how it is, though. It's the same way with QB, most promising young prospects are thrown straight into the grinder and expected to win, often with bad teams. If things go poorly they shoulder a lot of the blame, unfairly or not.

There's a lot of factors which can doom a HC which are largely out side of his control. Injuries, crappy front office (both in terms of the draft and in cap control), ownership changes, internal politics (said crappy front office blaming everyone but themselves) etc.

Most of them don't get to the HC level without being pretty good coaches. Circumstances and how they react to those circumstances make or break them.

I was surprised you didn't make a pun or something with Coons's name or something.

Also BG, since we are moving on from Squicken's hero it appears .. Paxton or Goff?
Paxton so you can love Justin Fuente and eventually become a VT fan.

;)

There's a lot of factors which can doom a HC which are largely out side of his control. Injuries, crappy front office (both in terms of the draft and in cap control), ownership changes, internal politics (said crappy front office blaming everyone but themselves) etc.

Most of them don't get to the HC level without being pretty good coaches. Circumstances and how they react to those circumstances make or break them.
For sure. It's not like Pete Carroll lit it up in NE back in the day, or even Belichick in Cleveland.

effzee

Did Arians have a lot to do with bringing in Palmer? To be fair to the Whiz, he had Kevin fucking Kolb at QB the last two years.

But didn't Whiz trade for Kolb?

Eagles of course wasted the 2nd round pick they got in exchange but that had to be one of the worst all time trades.

eznark

Banned
But didn't Whiz trade for Kolb?

Eagles of course wasted the 2nd round pick they got in exchange but that had to be one of the worst all time trades.

I don't remember. That's hilarious though. Almost as bad as trading a second rounder for Bradford.

Spinluck

Yeah, thing about that, I thought Pagano was our Jim Mora lol. But the one thing Irsay was right about is that Jim Irsay never made it to the AFCC and did not have 44 wins in 4 years (he also coached in what was a much better division at the time...). I still do not like his back handed comment about Polian, absolute bullshit. There is no comparison to be made between Polian and Grigson besides drafting a generational prospect, and accusing the Pats of cheating after getting their ass kicked. Polian crafted 6SB teams and built a team that had what was perhaps one of the best offenses ever, and was probably the best team the Colts have ever fielded. Don't give me some bullshit about Grigson being ahead on a four year head to head comparison and act like most of that wasn't Luck bailing us the fuck out.

It just screams insecurity, he continues to take shots at Polian and Manning for not winning more championships as if he isn't to blame at all... This is the same owner who pressed Grigson to make the Richardson trade. That is what happens when Irsay tries to take shortcuts to his championship team...

I don't think Pagano can have a Ron Rivera like turnaround, I just don't think he has it in him. Still don't think he can hang with the better coaches of the league either. Just gonna have to take it in stride I guess. But I think you guys were right, probably looked at the Browns and was like, "fuck that." Lol.

Sure.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=191157605

You're welcome friend. Anything for you.
I searched through last week to find that answer..

So.. We get Tom back to Ohio State when Andrew comes back home. agreed Texans-GAF/Cougar-GAF?

Bitch pls, you ain't shit!!

Holy shit lol.

To think that could've been us, thank you for your sacrifice friend. Let us enjoy the 4-year contact Pagano will sign today.

Go big or go Brown with your weak ass predictions!

effzee

I don't remember. That's hilarious though. Almost as bad as trading a second rounder for Bradford.

Not even close. Bradford had shown something in college, won rookie of the year, and has shown more than Kolb ever did.

Kolb flashed for a 2-3 game streak, got a concussion, lost his job to Vick fresh out of jail, and then Arizona traded their starting corner and a 2nd round pick to the Eagles.

Top Bottom