• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Is anyone actually surprised that Munn sucked all of the talent and courage out of Rodgers?

I seem to remember that only me and Greg predicted this. The other Packer fans and "football fans" dismissed and ridiculed us.

I offered to take Munn away but Packers gaf refused, I tried.

rando14

so... have we decided who is going to play the Packers in the Super Bowl?

image.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4pPjFKy9Nw&feature=youtu.be&t=14s

MechDX

Lil Jon performing at halftime of Texans game on Saturday.

Wonder what song he performs to get the crowd into a frenzy?

Ah yes, Howie is a "gladhander" now. Add that to the list of baseless insults likely driven by latent antisemitism.

You cant be serious. People have every right to hate Howie. He is complete scum, and is willing to destroy the team as long as it means he is in charge. He never should have been involved in personal decisions, and he definitely should not have been brought back.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
CX7Y2prUsAAnZcg.png

this gon be a legendary 30 for 30

I can't tell if this is going to end up being one of those, "Got kicked out of the league and eventually turned his life around to become a motivational speaker" or "Ryan Leaf 2.0--armed robbery/jail time" stories.

squicken

Listening to Cosell on Eagles' Eye in the Sky Podcast. Discuss the Eagles roster, as far as "what is in the cupboard?"

-Biggest issue is team speed. Back 7 on defense in particular. No explosive players on either side of the ball. Thinks that will be top priority of incoming staff

-Thought they should bring back Bradford. Not top 5 but a "professional QB". Thinks new staff isn't going to want the position unsettled

-Huff and Algholor might be better in slot. Along with JMatt that makes 3 best WRs all play the same position. So even though the last 3 drafts have seen 1st, 2nd and 3rd go to the position, new staff will identify it as a need area

-Guards needed. Also Kelce may not fit in a power scheme. Never mentioned Peters

:4lokos

Nothing is more quaint than people who think that coaching doesn't matter. Maybe, MAYBE, you can get away with that shit in basketball because there's 2 or 3 guys who matter on the entire team. Never in football.

Who the hell said coaching doesn't matter? Did I not state a few posts ago that it feels great to be lead Keim and Arians? I said that Warner and Nash were field/court generals and so were able to facilitate that role with their teams and that Whis and D'Toni were terrible coaches. I've also posted a number of times over the last few seasons that Harbs was the reason for the Niners turnaround and that they would be garbo when he left (before any of the players retired or left for other reasons). Indeed, someone that thinks coaching doesn't matter is a fool.

Dragon

Banned
If somebody paid me 8 million dollars to not make the playoffs it'd be the happiest day of my life, too.

If someone paid me 8 million dollars not to do pretty much anything I'd be happy too!

Ah yes, Howie is a "gladhander" now. Add that to the list of baseless insults likely driven by latent antisemitism.

Gladhander? Does it have a negative connotation? I always thought it meant an extremely friendly person.

Malalaw

Johnny Dirt, but you best pronounce it as Deer-Tay.

Lmao at that pic though, poor kid. Cleveland mentally destroyed him.

who do the bucs play this weekend?

The Eagles, we need revenge for that earlier blow out with Butt Fumble at QB.

If someone paid me 8 million dollars not to do pretty much anything I'd be happy too!

Gladhander? Does it have a negative connotation? I always thought it meant an extremely friendly person.

It means an insencere person, and if you ever saw a Howie interview it fits him perfectly.

Rand Getlin
Rand Getlin – Verified account ‏@Rand_Getlin
I've spoken to a number of executives around the league about the #Browns new management structure. Definitely a lot of intrigue.
Went from being a joke yesterday, to intriguing today....
LYWOTXb.jpg

Man I'm still really surprised the Colts resigned Pagano and for that many years too... They'd have been the most desirable opening in the league too. Figured that'd be a top choice for Coughlin but wonder where he's considering now. Dolphins? Philly? No way he goes to complete rebuilds or somewhere with no real starting QB like SF or CLE.

so... have we decided who is going to play the Packers in the Super Bowl?

It depends on how good you are at Madden. It's a video game so you can beat whoever you choose. I believe in you, Greg ;)

Godslay

Banned
While I wouldn't be shocked if Reid blows another playoff game with bad clock management, he's a pretty consistently good coach overall.

I can't argue that.

Every coach has their moments. Some more than others, so I think he safely falls into being a decent coach.

I want to say that the Chiefs have been the beneficiaries of playing pretty weak teams this year. Can't really use that argument though, simply because the Broncos played a nearly identical schedule. There was a bit of difference at QB between the same teams we played, but that's largely insignificant because it works both ways.

I thought they were going to be a talented but lower tier team, but they've reworked everything to be a pretty balanced team this year. I still think Alex will be their main limitation this year, but hey I've been wrong before and he could very well take them deep into these playoffs.

I can't tell if this is going to end up being one of those, "Got kicked out of the league and eventually turned his life around to become a motivational speaker" or "Ryan Leaf 2.0--armed robbery/jail time" stories.

I think it ends up with "On a VH1 reality show with Dr. Drew by 2020"

The Eagles, we need revenge for that earlier blow out with Butt Fumble at QB.

It means an insencere person, and if you ever saw a Howie interview it fits him perfectly.

Have you ever actually listened to Roseman speak? He comes off as genuine to me. Before Chip wrestled away GM powers Howie used to do a weekly radio show where he'd take calls from fans & speak with players. I can't think of a GM who engaged more with the local fanbase.

And yet the minute he's promoted back to his original role (after Chip eviscerated the roster & cap situation) suddenly Howie is a Machiavellian schemer, a greasy snake-in-the-grass, etc. Wonder why.

Am I missing something? What came out of them besides OBJ? Didn't think Flowers looked all that great this season (although admittedly haven't seen much of him).
Flowers has played with a high ankle sprain all season long. I give him a pass for toughing it out throughout the season and at times he played well for a 21 year old rookie with technique issues.

Landon Collins will be a quality SS with time. They need to pair him with a true free safety.

Weston Richburg flourished in his natural center position this season and if he plays the same way, he'll be the center for the Giants for the next 10 years.

Devon Kennard, when healthy is the best linebacker the Giants have had in years. The problem is he's injury prone.

Nat Berhe and Bennett Jackson were supposed to help at safety this year. Both done for the year before the Giants even played a meaningful game.

Bobby Hart was taken late this past year (6th round) and saw time at RT and G this year filling in for injured linemen. He'll vye for a starting Guard position next season or will provide much needed depth. Thus far, he's looking like a solid pick.

Owa and Mykkele Thompson are unknowns due to injury. Thompson was in line to have a big role at safety based on his athleticism. Owa barely made the field before being IR'd. He played solid for the time he was there.

Story of the Giants - the good picks can't even stay healthy. Much less the regular players at this point.

squicken

Have you ever actually listened to Roseman speak? He comes off as genuine to me. Before Chip wrestled away GM powers Howie used to do a weekly radio show where he'd take calls from fans & speak with players. I can't think of a GM who engaged more with the local fanbase.

And yet the minute he's promoted back to his original role (after Chip eviscerated the roster & cap situation) suddenly Howie is a Machiavellian schemer, a greasy snake-in-the-grass, etc. Wonder why.

Are you really chalking up all of Howie's negative press to anti-Semitism?

e: Same article he calls Jackson and McCoy locker room cancers. This guy seems to just be a sports radio hot take guy

Spinluck

With Manusky finally gone, let us take the time to remember him.

Manusky is absolute trash, fucking shit bitch D coordinator.

Here is the Manusky gameplan/playbook on a game to game and situational basis.

-let's run zone when our DBs are better at press man

-hey DQ, you're dropping into coverage even though you're terrible at coverage and we're going to put our best cover LB Freeman in the box...

-Greg Tohler goes down? No problem, we'll just put Darius Fucking Butler on the outside so #1 and 2s can feast on him

-"oh hey Chuck, one of the opposing team's starting linemen went down, let's not exploit that to our advantage"

-run the same fucking "we lack a pass rush" stunt blitz every week, I'm sure no teams will figure out how to protect against it!

-maybe dropping our DEs into coverage will fool the offense!

-we only run a safety blitz every 2-3 games because they worked 2-3 games ago...

-oh hey, they keep beating us on this same route, if only we could adjust to beat it. Nah, time for zone.

Now, he doesn't have a lot of pieces to work with but good lord is he garbage at scheming. Pats, Steelers literally shit on us with the same gameplan every time we play them and it never looks like we've prepared.

Line_HTX

While I wouldn't be shocked if Reid blows another playoff game with bad clock management, he's a pretty consistently good coach overall.

I'm praying so hard for this to happen, but realistically it might not happen. The Chiefs have seriously been so hot the past 10 weeks.

I think I'm gonna picnic...

Top Bottom