• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
KC @ HOU
PIT @ CIN
SEA @ MIN
GB @ WAS

Not really confident with my AFC picks, especially the Pittsburgh v Cincy one. AJ McCarron has been holding down the fort and I think the Bengals should ride it out with him as opposed to starting Andy Dalton and throwing him into the fire coming off an injury.

Seattle and Minnesota is going to be a outdoor, defensive slugfest with two great running games. Minnesota's home crowd will come out in full force but going to give the nod to Seattle because of the veteran group they have that's been to the dance before as opposed to the relatively young Vikings team. Going to be a great game either way, probably the best this weekend.

As for GB v. Washington I'm not betting against Captain Kirk right now. Hell, the whole Redskins team seems to have a ton of confidence right now going into the playoffs.

Anyways lets get the offseason thread going. The Lions have the #17 pick in the draft getting a lower pick than a quite a few 7-9 teams.

Believe in weed, Chiefs gonna beat the Texans though

If Seahawks lose it'll be the biggest upset of the season , if you can't beat teddy lol

SonnyBoy

Mike Shanahan to interview with the Dolphins

In Washington, I think his work as the GM was average... If they can pair him with a solid GM, his scheme is as advertised. Mike kinda gets a bad wrap for his stint in Washington but he did a lot of great things that won't show up in the win/loss column. A lot of those actions are foundational to the success that Gruden is now having.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Kas your team will draft Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis.

We're set at QB for the next 7 years at least. :) And they'll inevitably be a stock rise on QBs like Goff, Lynch and Cook by teams looking for that next franchise QB.

Lions QB Matthew Stafford finished the season with a completion percentage of 67.2. That is a single-season franchise record. He finished the season completing 398 of 592 passes for 4,262 yards, 32 touchdowns and 13 interceptions.

-ESPN

He finished his last 7 or 8 games with a 19-2 TD-INT ratio since Coach Cooter took over the playcalling.

Mike Shanahan to interview with the Dolphins

In Washington, I think his work as the GM was average... If they can pair him with a solid GM, his scheme is as advertised. Mike kinda gets a bad wrap for his stint in Washington but he did a lot of great things that won't show up in the win/loss column. A lot of those actions are foundational to the success that Gruden is now having.
Maybe it's because some of my best friends are Broncos fans but I would love bringing Shanahan to Miami.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Nice to see Texans get the midcard timeslot again. But hey, it's worked out for us.

yup, very predictable. We're going to my parents lake house this weekend and we're going to go to Brenham to look for stuff for our new house and i told my wife earlier in the week we'll be the 3pm game on Saturday so we need to be back by then.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
635874402091004236-2015-0103-dm-lions-bears1644.jpg

squicken

He finished his last 7 or 8 games with a 19-2 TD-INT ratio since Coach Cooter took over the playcalling.

Both Cousins and Stafford went bonkers in the second half of the year. I'll be interested to read the stat/tape guys take on how it came about.

SonnyBoy

Maybe it's because some of my best friends are Broncos fans but I would love bringing Shanahan to Miami.
During Gibbs second stint in Washington, he refused to get with the times and build a practice bubble. It wasn't until Shanahan arrived that he had one built. Additionally, Mike came in and revamped the scouting dept and the weight/conditioning areas.

The acquisition of RGIII has largely been tied to the owner but Mike was in on it too. Let's not forget that he and his son devised a scheme that enabled RGIII to have the greatest rookie season ever. He also was the reason Washington selected Kirk Cousins in the middle of the draft... That book is still being written.

Jordan Reed who is quickly ascending the TE ranks of being known as an elite playmaker was also drafted by Mike. I think Shanahan's biggest problem was not just having depth, but having quality depth. His team was ravaged by the unfair cap penalty and obviously the RGIII trade. But the guys that he was able to get in, even though it was a limited number of them, they weren't good. He definitely needs to be paired with a GM IMO.

If Miami hires him, I wouldn't be shocked to see Alfred Morris sign there this offseason.

bionic77

Never really post here, but just wanted to come by and say fuck the fucking Steelers. It'll be nice to see a rematch with McCarron more comfortable on the field, but I'm kind of afraid someone may actually die on the field in this game.

Fuck the Steelers.
I don't agree with the lies in your post but I can respect that you feel that way.

I wish I could say the same about the Bungles. Sometimes I forget that there are actually 4 teams in the division. Usually it is just a match of good (Steelers) against evil (Ravens) with 3 or 4 high level practice games against the JVs from Ohio.

Keep at it though friend. Better days are surely ahead. Not just for the Bungles but for all of Ohio! The skeptics might point to the past 50 or 60 years as evidence that what I said is pure malarkey and possible even a hurtful taunt to our brothers from Ohio, but I say tosh to that and I will tell you that you can never move forward by looking behind. You must look forwards towards a better day.

As DM will often tell us when he quotes some movie about Batman, it is always darkest before the dawn. But the dawn is coming. I promise you that one day Ohio will actually have professional football teams! Maybe even before the the city of angels gets a professional basketball team again!

DMczaf

As DM will often tell us when he quotes some movie about Batman, it is always darkest before the dawn. But the dawn is coming. I promise you that one day Ohio will actually have professional football teams! Maybe even before the the city of angels gets a professional basketball team again!

Bitch, don't kill my vibe!

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 21m21 minutes ago
Per @PFF, Josh Norman finished the season with the lowest QB rating when targeted among all CBs at 54.0

bionic77

I'm siding with my bros bionic and jak. #Steelers
While I hope to never see you in the hospital, thank you brother!

We might be the only hope the world has of stopping the Pats from reaching the SB.

For at least the next 3 weeks we are all Steelers fans.

Bitch, don't kill my vibe!
Don't get mad at me because the new Batman movie looks like garbage (that is an insult to both the movie and garbage).

I don't agree with the lies in your post but I can respect that you feel that way.

I wish I could say the same about the Bungles. Sometimes I forget that there are actually 4 teams in the division. Usually it is just a match of good (Steelers) against evil (Ravens) with 3 or 4 high level practice games against the JVs from Ohio.

Keep at it though friend. Better days are surely ahead. Not just for the Bungles but for all of Ohio! The skeptics might point to the past 50 or 60 years as evidence that what I said is pure malarkey and possible even a hurtful taunt to our brothers from Ohio, but I say tosh to that and I will tell you that you can never move forward by looking behind. You must look forwards towards a better day.

YAGpXPd.png

I....don't know how to take this.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Both Cousins and Stafford went bonkers in the second half of the year. I'll be interested to read the stat/tape guys take on how it came about.

Not sure about Cousin, but Stafford has come somewhat close in the past especially during the 2011 season. Not like the last 8 games though. You saw it against the Eagles and Saints. His accuracy and decision making have been off the charts.

His CPR was by far a career best though. The fluidity in the offense between Coach Lombardi's playcalling and Coach Cooter's was night and day. It's mind boggling just watching the last 8 games or so how much more fluid the offense was from the running game to offensive line protection.

Stafford has, and is, hitting that 27-34 year old prime in his career where he has enough experience in the NFL under his belt the game has slowed down for him.

You can see it as he goes through his reads quickly and decides to check down to a RB if necessary or just taking a sack when our young offensive line does not give him enough time.

The worst thing the Lions could do with Stafford is giving him his 3rd offensive coordinator in as many years.

Also throughout all the storylines with the Lions this year, Eric Ebron has turned out to be a solid young player for the team. Not Aaron Donald good obviously but he made some big plays and catches for us this year.

bionic77

Is Lewis a better coach than Tomlin?

Can we all agree on that?

Lewis drags a red headed choker to the playoffs year after year. He always fields a team that is competitive on both sides of the ball and they almost always take care of business against lesser teams.

Tomlin teams make it a habit to lay a steaming pile of shit against big underdogs. He routinely makes huge strategic errors and seems to avoid criticism based upon his incredible looks and charisma.

I can't believe I just made this post. I need to take a shower...

Malalaw

Sports radio is all about where Payton will coach next year. Miami seems to be the most desirable spot. I can't handle all this talk about my coach!

I think he stays to be honest. I think with some good pickups they'll be alright. I can see Brees adjusting his contract too.

I can dream right?

bionic77

Sports radio is all about where Payton will coach next year. Miami seems to be the most desirable spot. I can't handle all this talk about my coach!

I think he stays to be honest. I think with some good pickups they'll be alright. I can see Brees adjusting his contract too.

I can dream right?
You are allowed to but I would recommend against it.

It only heightens the disappointment that is to follow.

I can dream right?

Jason La Canfora – Verified account ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Would not be surprised if ultimately Sean Payton is dealt for a mid-round pick. He won't want new team to give up too much. Maybe a 4th

Beach

This is the first time the Raiders don't have a top 10 pick or a new coaching situation in the offseason since I believe Gruden left?

The offseason used to be my superbowl :(

Lewis drags a red headed choker to the playoffs year after year. He always fields a team that is competitive on both sides of the ball and they almost always take care of business against lesser teams.

Tomlin teams make it a habit to lay a steaming pile of shit against big underdogs. He routinely makes huge strategic errors and seems to avoid criticism based upon his incredible looks and charisma.

If you're going to squicken to the Bungholes make it quick, don't hum and haw like this.

spyder_ur

I'm not sure where Payton would go that makes a ton of sense. Maybe the Giants?

Why does it seem like conventional wisdom that he is definitely leaving? I haven't followed the situation that closely.

As far as job openings go I honestly think Miami is a desirable position. The defense has holes and the OL has issues but if you are a coach who believes in your running game and pass-blocking schemes then you have to like the young pieces you're getting to work with. DeVante Parker has flashed over the past month or so and shown why he was a first round pick, Landry is Landry, and Tannehill has flashed but needs a more consistent run game and a little support from the defense. Ajayi clearly has a lot of talent at RB and if Miller returns they will keep a nice one-two punch in the backfield. Hell, if the new coach knows how to get a TE involved in the passing game they'll be happy to have Jordan Cameron to work with.

This is not a complete rebuild like we see with a lot of coaching openings. What this team needs is a man who knows how to lead, motivate, and maximize potential.

As a Bengals Fan, Lewis is a better GM than he is a coach. He finds great talent, has completely changed the atmosphere in the organization and the locker room, continues to do it all year after year. When it comes to coaching he is absolutely fucking infuriating. Horrible clock management, too much loyalty, fails time and time again to adjust his game plan when it's needed, and he continues to be terrible in big games. Every fan was begging for him to move to GM and hire Zim as coach, now that it's not happening we can wish with Hue, but it's just so doubtful to happen.

Tomlin > Lewis

It fucking kills me to say that, but its so damn true its sad.

Top Bottom