• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

BG pls. I didn't need to see this :(
Meow
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Saints want a second-round pick in exchange for Sean Payton.

Via Roto:
A coaching trade has not happened in the NFL since Jon Gruden was traded from the Raiders to the Bucs after the 2001 season, although the Browns and 49ers came close to a deal for Jim Harbaugh two years ago. A second-round pick would be considerably less than what the Bucs gave away for Gruden, but it would likely be just one of a package of picks the Saints ask for in return for their Super-Bowl-winning coach. The Saints appear open to moving Payton, and there should be plenty of teams interested.

bionic77

....eh, you're right.

But this is what these man children wanted!
GAF has the worst taste in pretty much everything.

That said I am thankful that the Batman trailer revealed just how awful the movie is going to be. I can say the same thing about the new Star Trek. Normally these lying bastards try to trick you into thinking the movie is something that it is not. Whoever made these trailers was at least honest.

If you're going to squicken to the Bungholes make it quick, don't hum and haw like this.
That will never happen.

I want them to suffer for what they did to Bell. They robbed us greatness and the sad part is that we can do nothing to harm them because they already have nothing. :(

Sanjuro

Tomlin has a better franchise. Lewis is no legend, but he has navigated the prison joke team into something the Browns can only dream of.

bionic77

Tomlin has a better franchise. Lewis is no legend, but he has navigated the prison joke team into something the Browns can only dream of.
Tomlin also has a hall of fame qb who has bailed him out from so many bad mistakes.

Lewis never had that luxury.

Sanjuro

Tomlin also has a hall of fame qb who has bailed him out from so many bad mistakes.

Lewis never had that luxury.

Yeah. There is no current coach who has come even remotely close to that same luxury. I don't think Tomlin is dog meat, but his structure was well in place.

That will never happen.

I want them to suffer for what they did to Bell. They robbed us greatness and the sad part is that we can do nothing to harm them because they already have nothing. :(

Then you're just bitching about Tomlin again. He should be coach of the year!

10-6 with a completely rebuilt defense and a waiver wire secondary. Ben missed 5 games this season. Franchise RB on IR since week 3. Vick and Landry Jones started games for this team.

KC@HOU
Meh...seems like a toss up to me.

PIT@CIN
This is beyond just a homer pick. I think a lot of people picking Pit are just looking at the Cincy history and seeing McCarron vs. Ben. This game I think will resemble a lot more of the first Cin/Pit game. It will be all about defense. With Deangelo looking injured PIT will be completely one dimensional and taking away the long game is exactly how PIT lost to the Ratbirds. Low scoring game with Bengals winning.

SEA@MIN
I think this will be a fun game to watch, but Wilson and the Defense playing great right now is just hard to pick against.

GB@WAS
GB just looks disheveled. Rodgers isn't enough to overcome their woe's.

SonnyBoy

Both Cousins and Stafford went bonkers in the second half of the year. I'll be interested to read the stat/tape guys take on how it came about.

As it pertains to Cousins. Both Jordan Reed and DeSean Jackson missed the first half of the year due to injury. Kirk has never started the off-season as the starter and gets little to no work with the 1st team offense. He wasn't named the starter until mid-way through the preseason. Additionally, Jay had to bet his career in Washington on Kirk more than likely. You could hear Cousins asking the OC to take the cuffs off against the Bills. I think Jay and McVay were keeping the reins on Cousins a bit, not just because of INT ratio last year but they essentially started 2 rookies on the right side of the line. 2-3 weeks into the season, they lose their center and left guard... So with a new/young line and no playmakers, they def had to be conservative early on.

Due to the circumstances above, I think it makes sense his numbers rose steadily through the season.

this_guy

yup, very predictable. We're going to my parents lake house this weekend and we're going to go to Brenham to look for stuff for our new house and i told my wife earlier in the week we'll be the 3pm game on Saturday so we need to be back by then.

Look up Andrea's Taco shop while you're in Brenham. It's a hole in the wall - so good and cheap. Carne Azada tacos and carne azada nachos.

Crisco

Banned
Would Brees even want to stick around without Payton? If I'm reading this right, he has a $30 million cap hit next year, that would go down to $10 million dead money if they cut him. He still passed for a shit ton of yards, but maybe he'd rather be traded or released and go to a team where he has a better chance of making the playoffs next year.

Malalaw

Would Brees even want to stick around without Payton? If I'm reading this right, he has a $30 million cap hit next year, that would go down to $10 million dead money if they cut him. He still passed for a shit ton of yards, but maybe he'd rather be traded or released and go to a team where he has a better chance of making the playoffs next year.

Nope. Brees will probably leave as well. I can see it be via trade but you gotta reconstruct that contract.

Guess we will find out soon enough.

bionic77

Then you're just bitching about Tomlin again. He should be coach of the year!

10-6 with a completely rebuilt defense and a waiver wire secondary. Ben missed 5 games this season. Franchise RB on IR since week 3. Vick and Landry Jones started games for this team.
Tomlin does some things well, I can't deny that.

And I can't blame the injuries on him. He did well to get to 2-2. But we do have a longstanding problem of often not showing up for shit teams and sometimes being out coached and outmatched. I can blame that on him and it is an ongoing issue.

Brees will stay unless the Saints cut him. He's older than Peyton was when the Colts cut him.

Steelers/Bengals will almost surely come down to how Ben plays.

He's played like shit the last three weeks. Tried to give the game away to the Broncos with a late pick, but Brock couldn't capitalize. Played like utter dog shit against the Ravens. Tried to give the game away to the Browns yesterday but they were too busy putting on their clown shoes to capitalize.

If Ben turns it over against the Bengals, I don't think our D will be able to keep bailing him out. Especially against McCarron.

If Primetime Andy Dalton plays, well, all bets are off.

Dolphins are stupid and I hope they hire Jeff fisher.
ross5fail.0.0.0.0.gif

Tomlin does some things well, I can't deny that.

And I can't blame the injuries on him. He did well to get to 2-2. But we do have a longstanding problem of often not showing up for shit teams and sometimes being out coached and outmatched. I can blame that on him and it is an ongoing issue.

That's overblown. Cowher has a similar record against bad teams.

Also, and i'll just say it, the Rats own Ben recently. Ever since that game in 2011 he's played like absolute shit against them.

KC @ HOU
Chiefs keep their momentum going, fight off another comeback scare to top Texans.
PIT @ CIN
Toss-up. I think the Steelers gut it out and win in a low-scoring affair. Maybe goes into OT.
SEA @ MIN
Seahawks D outperforms Vikes D, grinds out win in the cold.
GB @ WAS
Pack is limping in. Skins riding a massive wave of Cousins fueled momentum.

MisterR

KC@HOU

PIT@CIN
This is beyond just a homer pick. I think a lot of people picking Pit are just looking at the Cincy history and seeing McCarron vs. Ben. This game I think will resemble a lot more of the first Cin/Pit game. It will be all about defense. With Deangelo looking injured PIT will be completely one dimensional and taking away the long game is exactly how PIT lost to the Ratbirds. Low scoring game with Bengals winning.

SEA@MIN
I think this will be a fun game to watch, but Wilson and the Defense playing great right now is just hard to pick against.

GB@WAS

A thing a lot of people are not considering is that most of the Bengal's secondary was injured for that last Pit game. Ben has been know to throw some pics and the secondary will be healthy for that game.

bionic77

He's played like shit the last three weeks. Tried to give the game away to the Broncos with a late pick, but Brock couldn't capitalize. Played like utter dog shit against the Ravens. Tried to give the game away to the Browns yesterday but they were too busy putting on their clown shoes to capitalize.

If Ben turns it over against the Bengals, I don't think our D will be able to keep bailing him out. Especially against McCarron.

Ben needs to stop forcing the ball to Brown.

Almost all of his interceptions have come when he has forced it to him. While I love seeing Brown get 150-200 yards the offense works better when we are spreading the wealth. Wheaton and especially Bryant need to get chances and make the most of it. An actual running game helps too.

Prime time Dalton is great this season, those losses weren't on him. Too much hate for Dalton, dude was near MVP discussion most of the season til Cam and Palmer ran away with it. Oh and his thumb happened.

dionysus

Yaldog
Sports radio is all about where Payton will coach next year. Miami seems to be the most desirable spot. I can't handle all this talk about my coach!

I think he stays to be honest. I think with some good pickups they'll be alright. I can see Brees adjusting his contract too.

I can dream right?

I still believe that this is all just the media trying to play up a storyline and Payton is staying.

I am dreaming with you brother.

KC @ HOU
PIT @ CIN
SEA @ MIN
GB @ WAS

KC@HOU

PIT@CIN

SEA@MIN

GB@WAS

I mean absolutely no offense to you when I say this, but these formatted pick posts are the dumbest thing ever. "I've given it a lot of thought - I think my team will win!" duh! Just tell us why!

edit: as for your write up, I think a wild card in this game is whether Dalton plays. If he does I think the game is a blowout for the Steelers. a thumb injury is one you can't rush.

Knowing nothing about you other than your avatar...of course you'd say this...

It has nothing to do with my team. We all know you don't give a rat's ass about the other games as far as picks are concerned - you couldn't even bother to pick for the Chiefs game despite listing it. Just tell us why you think the Bengals will win, that's the important part.

It has nothing to do with my team. We all know you don't give a rat's ass about the other games as far as picks are concerned - you couldn't even bother to pick for the Chiefs game despite listing it. Just tell us why you think the Bengals will win, that's the important part.

The Bengals steelers game just happens to be what I probably know the most about and seeing a lack of Bengals love around here probably needed more said about it than probably anyone is even giving the team. I did pic KC in my picks, just stated it seemed like a toss up, KC Is the blessed team to turn it all around but they seem pretty prone to a revived HOU defense.

Has nothing to do with only wanting to talk about my team it just made sense to give it more say seeing as there will probably not be much else said for them in this thread. When I see things like Bungles and Primetime Dalton I'm going to assume much thought really isn't being given to this game beyond "lol 0-4 in playoffs".

squicken

Seattle has now finished number one in scoring defense 4 straight years. I take back my vote for Russell for MVP and give it to Cam, whose defense he carried many times
e:
CX4pvWoUkAQPpZ5.jpg

Always! <3

<3

The Bengals steelers game just happens to be what I probably know the most about and seeing a lack of Bengals love around here probably needed more said about it than probably anyone is even giving the team. I did pic KC in my picks, just stated it seemed like a toss up, KC Is the blessed team to turn it all around but they seem pretty prone to a revived HOU defense.

Has nothing to do with only wanting to talk about my team it just made sense to give it more say seeing as there will probably not be much else said for them in this thread. When I see things like Bungles and Primetime Dalton I'm going to assume much thought really isn't being given to this game beyond "lol 0-4 in playoffs".

Nobody talks about the Bungles in here because outside of two teaming Eznark there are no Bungles fans in here.

Top Bottom