• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Wild Card |OT| - A Fraud Goes Wild

BigAT

La Canfora reports he'd be "very surprised" if Mike Smith doesn't emerge as a strong HC option in Tampa: https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/685575228110553088

LOL please tell me the Bucs fired Lovie only to hire Smith.

DM:

tumblr_lpwg7zJRn21r1b3q4o1_500.jpg

Hello everyone,

Another student has jumped on the Panthers bandwagon from America's team. The Grova Cult is growing..

Also I believe that Squicken indeed has a love child where I live. The former browns turned panthers fan was wearing NFL attire... Ravens attire. And his mother is a Pittsburgh fan apparently..

So Squicken.. Ready to go on Maury? Time to take the test.

La Canfora reports he'd be "very surprised" if Mike Smith doesn't emerge as a strong HC option in Tampa: https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/685575228110553088

LOL please tell me the Bucs fired Lovie only to hire Smith.

Miss Lovie yet DM?

gutshot

Oh yeah I see that, I guess my big question of rebuild comes down to whether we resign Bradford. If we don't, we'd be able to retain a lot of talent with ease, which you mentioned. We could probably keep Curry, Thornton, and Thurmond, and extend Cox, as well as bring in some Gs through FA and use the draft for depth. The only problem is then we have a good team that's playing the QB carousel. The alternative is signing Bradford for a few years. That gives us stability at the QB position, and hopefully we can use FA and the draft to get him a decent O Line, which would also open up the rushing, which would help him as well. The flip side of this is that there's no way we'd be able to keep all of our potential FAs, with Thurmond and Curry being the most likely to walk. That'd be a real shame since Curry will do amazing in a 4-3, and Jenkins-Thurmond gave us our best tandem since the JJ days. I'd personally prefer keeping Bradford, because even if he is just average, it's much harder to hit on a QB than anywhere else. But either way has value, and that's why I just want to figure out what we're doing soon

I don't know. All these Eagles fan making it sound like it's impossible to find a good QB through the draft but the last time the Eagles actively tried to draft a franchise QB they landed McNabb. Meanwhile look at all the young first-round QBs in this league right now who have shown promise: Luck, Carr, Bortles, Bridgewater, Mariota, Winston. You draft a QB at 13 and I feel like you can expect Bradford-level production, especially if you build a solid team around him, but his ceiling would potentially be much higher. And he'd be a hell of a lot cheaper.

Wasn't Joe Banner the Eagles salary cap guru? Howie took over the salary cap function after Banner moved on if memory serves. The Eagles were still rolling over 9-10 million every year so the cap management didn't fall off of a cliff once Banner moved on but I have to imagine that Roseman didn't exactly reinvent the salary cap wheel when Banner moved on.

Banner was the pioneer but Roseman learned everything he knows from him and continued his cap management style, which led to the Eagles continually having the best cap situation in the league while still locking up young talent to long-term, team friendly deals.

I don't know. All these Eagles fan making it sound like it's impossible to find a good QB through the draft but the last time the Eagles actively tried to draft a franchise QB they landed McNabb. Meanwhile look at all the young first-round QBs in this league right now who have shown promise: Luck, Carr, Bortles, Bridgewater, Mariota, Winston. You draft a QB at 13 and I feel like you can expect Bradford-level production, especially if you build a solid team around him, but his ceiling would potentially be much higher. And he'd be a hell of a lot cheaper.

Banner was the pioneer but Roseman learned everything he knows from him and continued his cap management style, which led to the Eagles continually having the best cap situation in the league while still locking up young talent to long-term, team friendly deals.

Kolb didnt happen? also Bradford just had one of the best seasons in franchise history. Not sure you can expect that out of some jag drafted 13th in a very QB weak draft.

Hindl

Yeah I agree, my one counter being that Luck, McNabb, Winston and Mariota all went in the 1st couple picks, and we obviously don't have that, and this is a pretty weak class for QBs overall. Given that we traded a 2nd away, I'd rather not use our 1st on a QB. If by some chance Goff, Lynch or Cook are there in the 3rd round? Absolutely take them and try to build them up. Only problem is we will have decided on whether or not we're keeping Bradford, and if we're not, that rookie is gonna expect to produce immediately. I'd personally like to find a way to keep Bradford AND draft a prospect, but it all depends on what Bradford asks for. I don't really see a way the Eagles can reliably do what's necessary to fix their holes this offseason if Bradford wants higher contract than $17 million. If it's $18+ we probably need to let him walk.

The 2007 NFL Quarterback Draft class: JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb, John Beck, Drew Stanton, Trent Edwards, Isaiah Stanback (who was converted to WR), Troy Smith, Jordan Palmer, Tyler Thigpen and some guy named Jeff Rowe. Only Stanton is even on the league anymore and nobody was at any point ever any good. Worst of all time?

Godslay

Banned
The last time the Chiefs won a playoff game Joe Montana was their QB.

Stolen from Reddit, but:

All the QBs on the away teams have either won the Super Bowl or made it to the NFC Championship (Ben, Rodgers, Russ, Smith in NFCCG).

All the QBs on the home teams have never won a playoff game (AJ, Kirk, Hoyer, Teddy).

The home team wins 65% of the time in the WC round, but none of them are favored this weekend.

cdyhybrid

The 2007 NFL Quarterback Draft class: JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Kevin Kolb, John Beck, Drew Stanton, Trent Edwards, Isaiah Stanback (who was converted to WR), Troy Smith, Jordan Palmer, Tyler Thigpen and some guy named Jeff Rowe. Only Stanton is even on the league anymore and nobody was at any point ever any good. Worst of all time?
Stanback :(

He almost did the impossible and took a Tyrone Willingham-coached team to a bowl game. We were 4-1 or 4-2 and then he suffered a season-ending knee injury. Tanked the rest of the season. Think Marcel Reece might have been on that team.

Willingham made me drink a lot in college. At least the tickets were cheap.

bionic77

30+? Really? The only reason you got that the second game was because of costly turnovers by a QB who got thrown out there without practice and preparation. The guy won't turn the football over this time, that's his thing. Your pass rush will get sacks, but he won't turn the ball over.

Antonio Brown isn't going to do much. He has average 60 yards a game against us and had the only 1 TD Ben threw against us. That's 1 TD against 4 INTs. Without a solid runningback to score for you guys, Boswell is going to have put in a lot of work. Plus Ben hasn't exactly cleaned up his turnovers like McCarron. 6 over 3 games? He has 4 in two against us. That's not going to change now that we're facing him with a healthy defense again.

And dirty team? I'm offended. Burfict just learned to play from Harrison, that's why we signed him for Burfict's rookie year. At least our offense plays clean, can't say the same for you guys. I mean, Antonio Brown is a phenomenal talent, but man is he a diva. Punching and starting fights with our corners. Diving at our players low after a play. That's just wuss stuff. Plus your offensive line keeps finding new ways to reinvent dirty play. Eye gouging, head hunting, shoving hands where the sun don't shine. How do you even support that?
Your dirty ass team took out Bell 2 year in a row and celebrates the injuries like the thugs they are.

I swear most Bungles seem to come from some penal league. Thug ass thugs.

Also :lol @ a Bungle fan talking shit to anyone before a playoff game. That's like a Pats giving a us a lecture on ethics.

Stolen from Reddit, but:

All the QBs on the away teams have either won the Super Bowl or made it to the NFC Championship (Ben, Rodgers, Russ, Smith in NFCCG).

All the QBs on the home teams have never won a playoff game (AJ, Kirk, Hoyer, Teddy).

The home team wins 65% of the time in the WC round, but none of them are favored this weekend.

I thought Washington was favored by a point? But that was a couple days ago so who knows now

Top Bottom