• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Looking forward to the Deadspin post tomorrow (not really) with all the terrible takes on Twitter from dudes mad about a woman calling a football game.

Fair enough!

I presume you mainly just follow your own team and their conference?

I'd say it depends on the sport. The NFL can grab a huge audience no matter what game it televises nationally, and a lot of people follow the whole league, probably for a variety of reason, but fantasy football is probably a big factor in how widely and thoroughly consumed the league is.

Some of the other pro sports are much more regionally followed though—and it's largely a product of the fact that leagues like MLB play 162 games, and the NBA and NHL 82. You'll still find rivalries in all these leagues that aren't geographical though if two teams tend to have good eras simultaneously. Like the Boston Celtics and L.A. Lakers back in the day, or the Golden State Warriors, and Cleveland Cavaliers now.

EDIT: I should also say that sport in North America is by and large far less regionalized than in Australia with the AFL and NRL and the like.

Duxxy3

Watching the Broncos defense really makes me realize how soft the Pats defense was last week. Didn't challenge the offense at all.

Haha a timeout in the first 5 minutes

Mike Martz would be proud.

Looking forward to the Deadspin post tomorrow (not really) with all the terrible takes on Twitter from dudes mad about a woman calling a football game.

Just needed someone kneeling during the anthem to top it off but alas,no such luck. Hopefully it was a case of the director avoiding them more than the players all being pussies but I'm not holding out much hope.

DMVfan123

Banned
She's no Dorris Burke, Dorris knows her stuff when she calls games 😍

drake-dorirs.jpg

tmdorsey

CebollaDeAbbot,

You say you saw the Super Bowl and enjoyed it, so the answer is obvious which team you should follow. Come join us for the Falcons road to redemption!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom