• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not rooting for the Pats per se but I am rooting against the Chiefs. I mean the Pats are gonna win the AFC East anyways, they need no help there. Want the Chiefs to get crushed because they are obnoxious after last season and I hate them more than the Pats at this point, plus anything to make it harder for them to win the AFCW.

How can you hate Chiefs more than Pats?

Did they bully you growing up or something? Chiefs obnoxious? Have you ever seen Pats fans on social media or internet in general? :D

Only time i havent rooted against Pats is when they have played Giants in Super Bowl because fuck the Giants. Giant's turds.

Dishwalla

Banned
How can you hate Chiefs more than Pats?

Did they bully you growing up or something? Chiefs obnoxious? Have you ever seen Pats fans on social media or internet in general? :D

Only time i havent rooted against Pats is when they have played Giants in Super Bowl because fuck the Giants. Giant's turds.

Raiders fan dude. Fuck the Chiefs.

Have hated the Pats since January 2002 and I know how obnoxious their fans are, but right now the Chiefs are a bigger thorn in Raiders fans sides.

Dishwalla

Banned
This provides an interesting question: if the Patriots are playing one of your division rivals, who do you root for?

If the Pats were playing the Broncos or Chargers tonight I'd be begrudgingly rooting for Broncos/Chargers. But this is a special occasion where I "root" for the Pats.

bionic77

I thought the Switch was supposed to keep us all young and beautiful.
Not even the JCBs can stop Father Time.

And honestly with all the bitches the JCBs have to service on the rooftops it could possibly shorten one's lifespan. That is just how life works. The best things in life ain't free.

This provides an interesting question: if the Patriots are playing one of your division rivals, who do you root for?

Depending on the division rival. If they are a threat in the current season or not or if they are the Giants. I dont currently begrudgingly hate Redskins or Eagles as much as Giants.

Fuck em Giant's turds.

JABEE

Not The Patriots.

I was happy when the Giants beat the Pats in both Super Bowls.

The Patriots are a representation of everything wrong with America.

They are the Donald Trump of Super Bowl champions.

They tout their sham titles around and ask why no one gives them respect.

Cheating, racist, conniving, blowhards who prance around reveling in their persecution complexes despite the fact they are allowed to keep their blood money for betraying the virtues of once noble American institutions.

Not The Patriots.

Cheating, racist, conniving, blowhards who prance around reveling in their persecution complexes despite the fact they are allowed to keep their blood money for betraying the virtues of once noble American institutions.

How fitting that it is that Trump is tied with the Pat organization then.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Wait, I thought the narrative all last season was "You could put anyone behind that Oline and they would succeed". Now it's "Dak will get exposed without Zeke"?

C'mon folks, lets stick to one story and one story only!

KyroLen

Neo Member
Not The Patriots.

That's a whole lotta salt, and it makes the greatest team on earth the New England Patriots winning and winning and winning so much sweeter.

I'd touch on each point, but really any kind of argument placed against these generalized and misinformed statements would just be ignored in favor of more saltiness.

Instead, i'll just say that I'm super hyped for tonights game as well as slightly nervous as the Patriots usually seem to come out to start the first few games of the season running vanilla plays, treating it kind of like an extended preseason and I hate that.

Wonder who starts at HB tonight?

Wait, I thought the narrative all last season was "You could put anyone behind that Oline and they would succeed". Now it's "Dak will get exposed without Zeke"?

Yes the O-line was so succesfull when Brandon Weeden and whats his face played as backup the dreadful 2015 season. Anyone can play under center there!

edit: Matt Cassel.

cdyhybrid

That's a whole lotta salt, and it makes the greatest team on earth the New England Patriots winning and winning and winning so much sweeter.

I'd touch on each point, but really any kind of argument placed against these generalized and misinformed statements would just be ignored in favor of more saltiness.

Instead, i'll just say that I'm super hyped for tonights game as well as slightly nervous as the Patriots usually seem to come out to start the first few games of the season running vanilla plays, treating it kind of like an extended preseason and I hate that.

They'll probably start Steve Bannon.

Pats fans are the Real Madrid fans of NFL.

Jmille99

If they are a threat in the current season or not.

This. If a division rival is 2-13 and going against the Pats, I'll root for the division rival. But when everything is still up in the air? I'll root for the Pats.

Obligatory: Fuck Raiders. Fuck Broncos. Fuck Chargers.

DMVfan123

Banned

I despise the Cowboys/Giants/Eagles while the Patriots just annoy me, and one loss by a division rival in the NFC East could make the difference between who wins the division
So the Patriots

Pepiope

Not The Patriots.

I rooted for the Giants. I couldn't root for Dallas or Washington though. Those are just 2 POS orgs.

Tom Penny

Any QB can succeed when the team is averaging like 2nd and 4. Let's see when they give no fucks about Mcfadden and key on the passing game.

Trump is excited too. He will be wearing his Pats Superbowl ring (bestowed upon him by the entire organization). Truly the pats and Trump are one in the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom