• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Dang

Let's Go Buffalo! Life long Bills fan, reporting in. I'll probably only post here a few times this season to wallow in self-pity about how bad the team is, while not being bad enough to tank the season.

I'm putting them at a 4-12 season, and I am not confident that we will will on Sunday against the Jets.

Please tune in and watch it so you can sympathize with the pain of being an up-state New Yorker.

bionic77

NFL Gaf olds today
1237363745_old_people_fighting.gif
i would have dropped Ninja if I had had my vitamins.

Doomsayer

I'm almost an old (29) and last year I sprained my ankle playing football two days before my baseball game win and your in playoff game. I still played.

I can still go.

brentech

Remember when the Patriots fans in here said how disgusted they were with the organization and that they were going to stop supporting the team?

That was a nice 3 days.
It was the best of time, but also the worst of times. Now it's just the worst of times.

is hogan taking over edelmans spot for the season?

Probably not. He'll get more touches, but Hogan was used as a deeper threat last season. Amendola would probably get more traditional slot routes.

I'd expect to see the ball spread to the backs more. From training camp it sounds like Dion Lewis and Rex Burkhead were being used wide out of the backfield. THe Patriots already use Lewis almost like a 5th or 6th receiver, and Burkhead is that classic New England Kevin Faulk / Danny Woodhead type back.

JABEE

I wish someone would ask if a starter, Colin Kaepernick not being able to even get a back-up job in the NFL after merely speaking out on a political issue reflects poorly on the entire NFL?

We talk a lot about player conduct impressions, but what message does it send Americans when you are un-hirable in the NFL despite having talent. You started last season.

In the same way the personal conduct policy is built to protect the reputation of the league from the independent action of a few, shouldn't the league be interested in asking if they are teaching American children it is better to not say anything at all about what you truly believe for feat of scrutiny and denial of employment.

I don't understand why the Union cares more about protecting abusers of women and children over the rights of their workers to demonstrate for righteous political causes.

bionic77

Fuck this "can't go" shit. I got a nagging hip injury but just shoot me up with some Toradol and i'm straight coach!
My knees don't work correctly but I still go out and ball hard one or two times a week (no Toradol but I will occasionally pop some Advil).

Shit hurts but as a very wise man once said: 'pain don't hurt'.

Father time is undefeated but JCBs go out fighting him with a bang.

JABEE

We really need a commissioner who is independent from the owners and the union. It's the way the commissioner system was supposed to operate following the Black Sox scandal.

Football and Baseball are institutions in America with Anti-Trust protections. The role of commissioner should be to protect the growth and integrity of these institutions for the sake of the overall good.

My knees don't work correctly but I still go out and ball hard one or two times a week (no Toradol but I will occasionally pop some Advil).

Nonsense, of course it hurts. The trick, old man, is not minding that it hurts.

JABEE

I thought the Switch was supposed to keep us all young and beautiful.

Funny how a few seasons ago there were no NFL teams in LA now there are two and they are middling - terrible.

What were they thinking when they relocated back to LA again when they left in the first place because of dwindling fan base. How will they get fans back and coming to games with these teams? Like really?

And how small is that interim Chargers stadium? It looks like you play in Bournmouth in Fifa! :D

Funny how a few seasons ago there were no NFL teams in LA now there are two and they are middling - terrible.

What did they think when they relocated back to LA again when they left in the first place because of dwindling fan base. How will they get fans back and coming to games with these teams? Like really?

And how small is that interim Chargers stadium? It looks like you play in Bournmouth in Fifa! :D

They moved to LA because it's a ginormous tv market. That's the most important thing.

A ginormous tv market that couldn't give less of a shit about either team.

Gives the NFL more leverage in future TV negotiations though. Plus the NFL and Kronke get a huge new stadium in LA to use for Super Bowls, pro bowls, Olympics, World Cup, concerts, ect... The long term will come, if they can put a winning product on the field, and even if they don't, both teams/owners will be able to sell out to opposing fans. At the end of the day they don't give a shit if a Charger/Steeler game in LA is 60% steeler fans. It's business.

Dishwalla

Banned
Not rooting for the Pats per se but I am rooting against the Chiefs. I mean the Pats are gonna win the AFC East anyways, they need no help there. Want the Chiefs to get crushed because they are obnoxious after last season and I hate them more than the Pats at this point, plus anything to make it harder for them to win the AFCW.

Would LA care if either of the teams was the Raiders?

Well the Raiders atleast won 2 Super Bowls while being an LA team.

And even non Raiders fans care more about Raiders than non fans of Rams or Chargers.

Who has cared about Rams since Kurt Warner left? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom