• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Remember that time Alex Smith "led" the 49ers to 1/13 on 3rd downs, the one conversion being a meaningless toss as time expired at halftime, and looked like a scared child with a popgun arm in the playoffs?

Eli Manning remembers.

I do, but it still presents a good alernate reality.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Great. Do we get to spend the whole season listening to Cowboy fans use the ideal gas law to explain how Zeke's girl fell down some stairs?

I'm surprised that we're gonna have the captain's patches on the jerseys this year. Wonder why we never did it before?

Also shout out to Jason Peters for not wearing the normal material jersey in that photo. I hate that tight Nike dry-fit material they use for the jerseys now.

Fantomex

When NBA 2K comes out next week.

When I worked at Sony. There was a ton of black peeps in the transportation department. The day 2k came out, I kid you not, 10 of 12 of them called in sick that day or took a vacation day. We came to know it as 2K Day. I'm buying it this year.

When I worked at Sony. There was a ton of black peeps in the transportation department. The day 2k came out, I kid you not, 10 of 12 of them called in sick that day or took a vacation day. We came to know it as 2K Day. I'm buying it this year.

Same here, played the shit out of 2k17 and I can see the same happening with this game.

Slo

Of course not Slo

Got it. So if it was a guy like Theo Riddick nobody would give a shit.

The NFL and all the talking heads still promote Adrian Peterson as a hero, so at this point, we have to ask if anyone cares about the off-field conduct of the players.

Joe Mixon will be a star in this league and everyone will forget he knocked out a woman.

Adrian Peterson will continue to be AD and not a man who abused his rarely seen son to the point of blood.

Greg Hardy was given a second chance by the Cowboys with their accused rapist of an owner calling Hardy a team leader.

The Ray Rice situation was a clear case of the Ravens and the league covering things up to avoid hurting their brand.

How many other cases do team security cover-up in the name of money? How many star athletes are given a free pass to do whatever because the local sheriff watches all the games or the DA has free on-field tickets?

Terrell Suggs. Tyreek Hill. Jalen Mills. Dalvin Cook. Ben Roethlisberger.

I don't face dissonance cheering for guys like Colin Kaepernick, Malcolm Jenkins, and Michael Bennett on Sunday.

As the media cheers on justice for Ezekiel Elliott, all I can think of is a guy getting off, because he's Zeke. Just like Vick got to play because he was Vick and even he faced punishment for his crimes. No one could make the argument that the dogs were trying to entrap him or they were asking to be pushed up against walls and abused.

I need to stop worrying about things I have no say in at all. The NFL is fucked up and will continue to be fucked up. We all just need to enjoy the violent circus.

Basically, yeah. It's what I've been saying all along, if you are a special player there's no end to how much slack you get from the NFL. So long as you can ball, you're golden.

If you're just a luke warm body like a Theo Riddick
or Kaep
then you can get fucked.

Vikings finally win the division and immediately get bounced from the playoffs one year and then become ( I believe ) the first team in history to start 5-0 and then miss the playoffs. I'll stop calling the Vikings overrated when they actually manage to do something that warrants the hype they get.
Atlanta did it literally the season before lol

There's actually a decent amount of comparison to make between the 2016 falcons and 2017 Vikings. Atlanta was coming in with a dominant offense matched with a very young and talented, but flawed, defense. Minnesota's coming in with one of the best defenses (when healthy) in the league with a very young offense. If the defense can finish t5 in takeaways, the O-line gives an average effort, and they get guys like Cook and Treadwell to play well they could very well finish with 11 or 12 wins.

Their schedule's pretty light too, their only games against playoff teams outside of pack/lions are the steelers and Falcons. They play a lot of those "mediocre" 6-9 win teams like the Bucs and Skins though, and those games can pretty much always go either way.

Remember that time Alex Smith "led" the 49ers to 1/13 on 3rd downs, the one conversion being a meaningless toss as time expired at halftime, and looked like a scared child with a popgun arm in the playoffs?

Eli Manning remembers.

That game was bullshit and you know it. There was a fumble called dead that should have won it for the 49ers. It shouldn't have even come down to the Kyle Williams Fumbles!

49ers Defense that year would have wrecked tom brady!

The most surprising thing about that is Tom Brady is only making 1 Mil this year? Do they have their info wrong or is his contract just backloaded or something?

He takes a lower salary so the team can spend elsewhere. IIRC his cap hit is 15 mill, so a lot of it was signing bonus. He restructured his deal a few years ago to be more cap friendly too.

The perks of being able to get any endorsement deal + having a wife worth 360 million. For all the knocks against Brady, he really does just want to win. He's just also happens to be a pretty shitty human being sometimes.

cdyhybrid

They are defeated

Or07Qus.png

Zero Ls, breh. Read em and weep.

I'm going to buy it for Switch and play it on the rooftops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom