• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 1 |OT| - Look, Are You Ready for Some Football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo

Wussel going all Silicon Valley:

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/nfl-s...bs-raises-9m-amazon-alibaba-youtube-founders/

NFL star Russell Wilson launches new Seattle startup to connect ‘superfans’ with celebs, raises $9M from Amazon, Alibaba, YouTube founders

RussellWilsonJasonLeeKeenan_03-1260x840.jpg

As Russell Wilson describes the ethos of his new startup, it feels like you’re inside his Seahawks huddle, driving down the field in the fourth quarter. His words become sharp; the focus increases. You can hear the passion in his voice as the NFL star quarterback pumps you up and locks you in.

“We all have our heroes,” Wilson told GeekWire in an interview last week. “No matter how successful or aspirational you want to be, we all have them, someone that we look up to. Those people can inspire us and make an impact — and we want TraceMe to have that impact.”

Wilson on Friday unveiled TraceMe, a new Seattle-based startup that announced $9 million in funding from a who’s-who list of backers putting their money behind the company.

TraceMe is an app that aims to connect “superfans” with celebrities, offering daily exclusive behind-the-scenes content from your favorite athlete, artist, actor, or other influential person. The idea is to bridge the gap between celebrities and their most passionate followers with a mobile platform that will need to differentiate itself from the bevy of other social media services, but is one that offers more control over content distribution and customer data.

You may know Wilson for his accolades on the football field: A Super Bowl champ who is one of Seattle’s greatest athletes of all time. But he’s also a respected entrepreneur — one that’s garnering attention from elite investors for his idea to connect celebrities with their superfans.

Amazon founder Jeff Bezos; YouTube founder Chad Hurley; Alibaba co-founder Joe Tsai; Dick Clark Productions President Mike Mahan; and Wheels Up founder Kenny Dichter all invested in TraceMe. Seattle-based venture capital firm Madrona Venture Group led the round.

One of the worst OLines in the league, which meant almost 0 time to allow Bradford to develop plays and a non-existent run game- still went 8-8.

Remember, one year prior their OLine was just 'bad' instead of 'dumpster fire', they had an 'ok' rush attack (possibly Peterson's last good year in the NFL), and Teddy still only had about 2 seconds to make a play happen. 11-5.

OLine has improved this year (knock wood) and Dalvin Cook looks like a gigantic improvement over Asiata & McKinnon.

I know you are a Packer fan and it's been in your blood to sleep on the Vikes since about '92 when Favre started making you guys relevant again, but keep up the 'overrated' talk. ;)

Good post.

However I have been broken too many times to be truly hopeful anymore.

Slo

This better?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Former Jets, Colts Cornerback Antonio Cromartie Welcomes 14th Child

Former New York Jets and Indianapolis Colts cornerback Antonio Cromartie recently added a new member to his family.

As Jeremy Woo of Sports Illustrated explained, the 33-year-old, who also had stints with the San Diego Chargers and Arizona Cardinals, along with his wife Terricka, welcomed daughter Jhett Paxton to the world on August 30.

Jhett is Cromartie's 14th child, in total, and the couple's sixth. Per Woo, she is the free agent's third child since he reportedly underwent a vasectomy back in 2013.

Cromartie was released by the Colts last October, and he remains a free agent.

Good post.

However I have been broken too many times to be truly hopeful anymore.

Just embrace it like the rest of us. With hope and joy at first, then hope, then slowly rotting from the inside as you know the inevitable is coming and that bottle of the good stuff is looking better and better till you wake up on the couch on a monday morning late for work and no memory of the previous day.

Slo

So, if Zeke were in somewhere between the 20th to 40th best RB in the league and this were happening to him, would any of us give a shit?

Just askin'.

JABEE

This was expected after the judge asked if Elliott would miss Game 1 if he did not give his ruling on Tuesday.

Elliott is most likely free to play football for the rest of the season even with appeals.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Sportscenter reporting that Zeke Elliott has been granted a temporary restraining order

Now they have just reported that Zeke won an injunction from the Texas court

PI Granted:Court finds EE didn't "receive a fundamentally fair hearing,necessitating the Court grant the request for preliminary injunction"

Judge: "The circumstances of this case are unmatched by any case this Court has seen"

https://twitter.com/SportsLawGuy/status/906281178629582850

https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt/status/906282148935684096
Texas judge acknowledges standard to intervene is very high, but this warrants it. "Unique and egregious facts
46f84e11.jpg

This whole Zeke suspension has been shady at best.

So you dont need any charges or evidence at all to suspend a player? You just need a person holding a grudge saying he allegedly did something. Cool.

I'm glad the courts prioritize letting a millionaire who beats women play football. I'm sure there wasn't anything else as important on the docket.

Cipherr

This whole Zeke suspension has been shady at best.

So you dont need any charges or evidence at all to suspend a player? You just need a person holding a grudge saying he allegedly did something. Cool.

From what I have heard there was evidence to the contrary actually. Which is why no charges were filed. If that's actually true, and they decided to suspend him anyway then fuck the NFL and I welcome this judgement.

There needs to be some evidence for this sort of thing, Im not with damning people on single accusation with absolutely nothing to back it. Neither is the structure of our entire legal system thankfully.

In the NFL? Yeah, because that's the agreement they signed.

This case is gonna last all season. Assuming the evidence the player has isn't being exaggerated, now that the Courts stopped his suspension, he isn't likely to miss a game at all. So... Good on the NFL for shitting on their own shoes I guess.

From what I have heard there was evidence to the contrary actually. Which is why no charges were filed. If that's actually true, and they decided to suspend him anyway then fuck the NFL and I welcome this judgement.

There needs to be some evidence for this sort of thing, Im not with damning people on single accusation with absolutely nothing to back it. Neither is the structure of our entire legal system thankfully.

This case is gonna last all season. Assuming the evidence the player has isn't being exaggerated, now that the Courts stopped his suspension, he isn't likely to miss a game at all. So... Good on the NFL for shitting on their own shoes I guess.

As it works now it doesnt seem to require much to ruin someones career if you have made some bad relationship with some crazy ex or just a shitty person.

JABEE

The NFL and all the talking heads still promote Adrian Peterson as a hero, so at this point, we have to ask if anyone cares about the off-field conduct of the players.

Joe Mixon will be a star in this league and everyone will forget he knocked out a woman.

Adrian Peterson will continue to be AD and not a man who abused his rarely seen son to the point of blood.

Greg Hardy was given a second chance by the Cowboys with their accused rapist of an owner calling Hardy a team leader.

The Ray Rice situation was a clear case of the Ravens and the league covering things up to avoid hurting their brand.

How many other cases do team security cover-up in the name of money? How many star athletes are given a free pass to do whatever because the local sheriff watches all the games or the DA has free on-field tickets?

Terrell Suggs. Tyreek Hill. Jalen Mills. Dalvin Cook. Ben Roethlisberger.

I don't face dissonance cheering for guys like Colin Kaepernick, Malcolm Jenkins, and Michael Bennett on Sunday.

As the media cheers on justice for Ezekiel Elliott, all I can think of is a guy getting off, because he's Zeke. Just like Vick got to play because he was Vick and even he faced punishment for his crimes. No one could make the argument that the dogs were trying to entrap him or they were asking to be pushed up against walls and abused.

I need to stop worrying about things I have no say in at all. The NFL is fucked up and will continue to be fucked up. We all just need to enjoy the violent circus.

MechDX

The NFL and all the talking heads still promote Adrian Peterson as a hero, so at this point, we have to ask if anyone cares about the off-field conduct of the players.

Joe Mixon will be a star in this league and everyone will forget he knocked out a woman.

Adrian Peterson will continue to be AD and not a man who abused his rarely seen son to the point of blood.

Greg Hardy was given a second chance by the Cowboys with their accused rapist of an owner calling Hardy a team leader.

The Ray Rice situation was a clear case of the Ravens and the league covering things up to avoid hurting their brand.

How many other cases do team security cover-up in the name of money? How many star athletes are given a free pass to do whatever because the local sheriff watches all the games or the DA has free on-field tickets?

Terrell Suggs. Tyreek Hill. Jalen Mills. Dalvin Cook. Ben Roethlisberger.

I don't face dissonance cheering for guys like Colin Kaepernick, Malcolm Jenkins, and Michael Bennett on Sunday.

Ass the media cheers on justice for Ezekiel Elliott, all I can think of is a guy getting off, because he's Zeke. Just like Vick got to play because he was Vick and even he faced punishment for his crimes. No one could make the argument that the dogs were trying to entrap him or they were asking to be pushed up against walls and abused.

I need to stop worrying about things I have no say in at all. The NFL is fucked up and will continue to be fucked up. We all just need to enjoy the violent circus.

And the Texans wont even consider drafting or signing one of them as a free agent.

#NoThugs

this_guy

Guys we seem to be veering off topic about how the Patriots have the worst record in the league and Alex Smith is totally better than Brady.

Cagey

Banned
He could have won the 49erz a title.

Remember that time Alex Smith "led" the 49ers to 1/13 on 3rd downs, the one conversion being a meaningless toss as time expired at halftime, and looked like a scared child with a popgun arm in the playoffs?

Eli Manning remembers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom