• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 2 |OT| The Dawn of a New Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

I need a gif of that Watt crush

Slo

My sources are telling me that there is now a bidding war for Mitch Leidner between the Colts and the Bengals.

It's crazy to think that 20 or so weeks of regular season games ago the Bengals were seen as one of the deepest teams in the league. NFL turns around on you fast.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Has there been any color rush uniforms that actually looked good? Texans ones looks ugly af.

RBH

Last week, Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie made plain his feelings for Kaepernick's actions and words. So far, no owner has addressed Kaepernick more thoroughly. Lurie spoke for himself only, but he offered a glimpse at why other owners would hire Blaine Gabbert, Josh McCown or Mike Glennon instead of Kaepernick.

Lurie just doesn't like Kaepernick's act.

Lurie frowns on anthem protests, but he can stomach them as long as they are part of a larger, pointed strategy to effect change. He isn't a fan of alienating police and the military, or their supporters, but he'll risk alienation as long as the offending protests have a specific point, and if the protester is willing to work to fix the problem.

It's the anthem thing that Lurie can't get past.

”I don't think anybody who is protesting the national anthem ... is very respectful," Lurie said. ”If that's all their platform is, is to protest the national anthem, then what's the proactive nature of it?"

”Anybody who wants to do proactive things, to try to reverse social injustice, I'm all in favor of. It has to be respectful," Lurie said. ”It certainly has to respect the military and the people that serve, the women and men that serve our country, emergency responders, whoever that is."

”I applaud anybody that can find respectful ways of trying to use their platform in some way to discuss social injustice," he said.
http://www.theroot.com/to-all-the-black-men-watching-the-nfl-heres-what-phila-1809950229

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom