• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 4 |OT| Taking a stand by taking a knee

No. This is
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Speaking of, if the Browns can't win one of their next two games (Guttercats and Jest, both at home) then Hue has to go, right? There's enough talent on that team that they should have beat the Colts and now there's two more easily winnable games. If they lose these, they'll be staring 0-16 in the face.

Speaking of, if the Browns can't win one of their next two games (Guttercats and Jest, both at home) then Hue has to go, right? There's enough talent on that team that they should have beat the Colts and now there's two more easily winnable games. If they lose these, they'll be staring 0-16 in the face.

No matter what, you're only safe from 1-15 (at best) once. They do it again, frankly I'm expecting everyone to be gone, mid-"""rebuild""" or not

NFL Update @MySportsUpdate
This is wild: The Chicago Cubs have clinched the NL Central twice since #DaBears last won a road game. (h/t @kfishbain)

Sky Chief

Jesus, just saw that Trevathan hot from last night. That dude deserves a multiple game suspension. Want even trying to make a proper tackle just went straight for the head with the crown of his helmet.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'm better off with Jake Locker instead

Now there is a name I haven't heard in a long time

I remember when he was the hype and people talked about him like he was gonna be the next Peyton Manning before having a pedestrian senior year if I remember right.

Some interesting stats three weeks in;

Brady’s on pace for 5800 passing yards
9 players have a QB rating above 100. Among them; Goff, Cousins, Keenum, Alex Smith
Dalton and Newton have the worst rating in the league, just a season and a half removed from being the front runners for MVP
Kareem Hunt’s on pace for 2138 rushing yards, 20 shy of the all time record. He’s also on pace for 700+ receiving yards. That would destroy the current record of 2509.
Antonio Brown’s on pace for 138 catches despite Ben being extremely average so far
Zach Ertz is on pace for 112 catches and 1300+ yards
The Vikings have the second and third best receivers stats wise. Despite being on their third string QB
Demarcus lawrence is on pace for 34 sacks and has had at least 2 sacks in every game so far

BajiBoxer

Banned
Cam should really not be playing. He's injured and the Panthers are just letting it become worse.

Yeah. I'm legitimately concerned about his health long term. He's been abused for so long by both the refs and his own team. It's not right, and I kind of hope he just decides to hang it up while he's still a functional human being.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Just watched the Trevathon hit for the first time. Man that was awful. Dude deserves a multi-game suspension defenitely. Gross that he wasn't ejected on the spot as it was the most blatant case of targeting I've seen in a looooong time. I've seen some bad cases of this being ignored by NFL refs already this season, but this was by far the worst in years.

And then Trevathon was talking shit, yelling at the refs, and even looked like he smiled at Rogers. I don't know what the proper punishment is by the rules, but he really should be done for the year. Someone with such a disregard for his fellow players' safety has no place playing this sport.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Where is bionic?

NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said this on Thursday at a press conference.

“On the anthem specifically, we have a rule that requires our players to stand for the anthem. It’s been a rule as long as I’ve been involved with the league, and my expectation is that our players will continue to stand for the anthem.”

I think hes the second string, technically. If he goes down we have to pull the guy off the practice squad since Teddy isnt 100% yet.

If everybody available to Minnesota was healthy, he’d be third string. I get what you mean though. It’s just amazing to me that they’ve gotten production out of their “third option” when most teams right now are struggling with their first option.

True, but that was against Tampa Bay, he wasnt overly impressive against the steelers. Well see how he does this week.

Oddly enough, Ive heard people say our PS guy Sloter isnt bad himself, and could be a quality backup himself on some teams.
He could probably start for the Bears or Dolphins right now.

MechDX

Some interesting stats three weeks in;

Brady’s on pace for 5800 passing yards
9 players have a QB rating above 100. Among them; Goff, Cousins, Keenum, Alex Smith
Dalton and Newton have the worst rating in the league, just a season and a half removed from being the front runners for MVP
Kareem Hunt’s on pace for 2138 rushing yards, 20 shy of the all time record. He’s also on pace for 700+ receiving yards. That would destroy the current record of 2509.
Antonio Brown’s on pace for 138 catches despite Ben being extremely average so far
Zach Ertz is on pace for 112 catches and 1300+ yards
The Vikings have the second and third best receivers stats wise. Despite being on their third string QB
Demarcus lawrence is on pace for 34 sacks and has had at least 2 sacks in every game so far

Its week 4.... Not one of those stats will hold

Its week 4.... Not one of those stats will hold
Actually it would not surprise me if Dalton finished as the lowest rated qb. He looks so bad now. Also Wentz really does look to Wentz a ton so I could see him putting up crazy numbers if they both stay healthy.

Cam's going to finish bad regardless of if he plays the whole season

Which I don't expect him to because the human body can only take so much

Fitts

The new limited jerseys suck. Fanatics had a promo last week, so I picked up a new Charles Woodson jersey (the one I have is too large) and a Mack jersey since I didn't have one yet. Got the Mack jersey in medium and it's super tight compared to the old ones -- especially in the back and arms. (have a Coop from last year on hand to compare) Can't extend my arms without stretching it a ton and it's super uncomfortable. Got the Woodson jersey in large since I read the new ones ran smaller and I wanted it to fit over a hoodie. It's nearly the same size as the old one (a bit shorter) but actually looks bigger because the material is thinner/less rigid.

So yeah, the new limited jerseys both fit worse and feel cheaper. Both are going back. Don't think I'll be purchasing any more jerseys for a while.

Talon

I'm not sure Trevathan gets a suspension, frankly. He'll definitely be fined. But the guy has no history of being a dirty player, so I'm going to take him at his word. If that was Burfict or Pacman or any other guy with a suspect track record, it'd be a completely different story.
You don’t remember the helmet to helmet hits by him in Denver?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Where is Kas?

I need his hyperbole-filled breakdown on how Glorious Stafford is going to drop 50 on the Vikings this weekend. :D

No, it's going to be a tough, good game this week for the Lions (and Vikings). Vikings have a stout D and we'll see how Greg Robinson fares against Griffin. Last week Foreman ran all over us. We did not have MLB Jarrad Davis but I'm still concerned about Cook running all over us. Plus we're on the road so it's not going to be an easy game.

In related NFC North news TJ Lang has been penalized more in 3 games as a Lion compared to 13 games as a Packer last year.🤔

The Detroit Lions Pro Bowl guard has been flagged four times in three games so far this season. That's tied with left tackle Greg Robinson for the team lead, and only five NFL players have more.

It's just one less than he had in 13 games last season, when he was blocking for the Green Bay Packers. He hasn't had more than five penalties in a season since 2012.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...ssf/2017/09/tj_lang_has_had_a_harder_time.amp

No, it's going to be a tough, good game this week for the Lions (and Vikings). Vikings have a stout D and we'll see how Greg Robinson fares against Griffin. Last week Foreman ran all over us. We did not have MLB Jarrad Davis but I'm still concerned about Cook running all over us. Plus we're on the road so it's not going to be an easy game.

In related NFC North news TJ Lang has been penalized more in 3 games as a Lion compared to 13 games as a Packer last year.🤔

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articl...ssf/2017/09/tj_lang_has_had_a_harder_time.amp

Doesn't surprise me. Packers grab-happy OLine protecting precious A-a-Ron rarely gets flagged. Lang's gotta get used to getting called now, unfortunately for the Lions.

Anyway- here's to a good divisional game tomorrow, Kas. I hope we don't see any major injuries for either of our teams.

Top Bottom