• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 4 |OT| Taking a stand by taking a knee

Hindl

I see no reason to cut Kelce because he's played lights out this year so far. He's been great. Rather have him if he keeps this up than an unknown.
Yeah he's been great so far, I'm more thinking about the money concerns considering at the least Jeffery and Jernigan need to be resigned. Bradham too but if it comes down to it we can lose him and keep the other two. Kelce will cost a bit much, although if they want to keep him on a restructured deal that would be good.

Sephzilla

Won't be much longer before more Chicago fans than the ones with intelligence start missing Cutler too

(Before anyone complains: yes, he's a bad QB. Yes, he's also the best QB the Bears have had in decades. Yes, it's going to be a long next decade-plus for the team trying to find the next merely-bad QB)

Everything about their QB situation was handled in the worst way possible. Cutler was a bad quarterback who got a ridiculous contract he didn't deserve. Then when the finally jettison Cutler, the replace him with an even worse quarterback and pay him even more money, and then piss away multiple draft picks to trade up for a QB they would have gotten anyway.

Like, holy shit, you have to try to fuck up that badly.

That's why Imma big rugby guy

teaches players how to tackle well

Aren't injuries (especially to the head/neck) just as bad in rugby as they are in the NFL?

Just so we're clear - i dont actually know the answer but i remember conversations along this line happening

Rvaan

Banned
Everything about their QB situation was handled in the worst way possible. Cutler was a bad quarterback who got a ridiculous contract he didn't deserve. Then when the finally jettison Cutler, the replace him with an even worse quarterback and pay him even more money, and then piss away multiple draft picks to trade up for a QB they would have gotten anyway.

The Bears handling of their QB situation makes the Texans look like the Packers since 1992.

Yeah he's been great so far, I'm more thinking about the money concerns considering at the least Jeffery and Jernigan need to be resigned. Bradham too but if it comes down to it we can lose him and keep the other two. Kelce will cost a bit much, although if they want to keep him on a restructured deal that would be good.

I am super interested to see what the Eagles do in a few years when Wentz's salary jumps up to over $20m a year. Joe Douglas better be a god damn wizard at finding cheap talent.

Pepiope

LOL 3 games in we are better than Chip's first 2 years when the team won 10 games.

Let's finish the season at least.

BTW while Doug might turn out to be the greatest coach ever and win multiple SB for the Eagles, the hate against him or the choice of him is not irrational.

We all know why he was brought in. If it works it works, but if he doesn't, then we know exactly why this team wasted Went's prime years.
When did I say that? There's still a lot of games left, but if Doug's offense keeps up this pace...Then ya, were better this year than any year with chip. This is the best defense we've had since the JJ days.

Hindl

I am super interested to see what the Eagles do in a few years when Wentz's salary jumps up to over $20m a year. Joe Douglas better be a god damn wizard at finding cheap talent.
I am too, but it basically depends on how the next couple drafts go. It's very early, but the 2016 and 2017 drafts look good for replenishing younger talent. Pretty much everyone taken besides Pumphrey and Nate Gerry are at least solid depth at their positions, with 4-5 potential starters. By the time Wentz needs a contract, Peters, Curry, Celek, Kelce, possibly Brandon Brooks, Jenkins, and a few other older, high salary guys will be off the books and most likely done with football. Wentz got drafted into the last few years of the current Eagles identity, which is why the cap is so tight because (in combination with poor drafting), a lot of the veterans got their big and last deals. Next year I think will be the peak of this current Eagles team, and after that a lot of the stalwarts over the last 5 years are gonna retire and they'll have to build a new one

Juicy Bob

A couple of Wentz tweets I found interesting:

screenshot2017-09-29ayrxr8.png

screenshot2017-09-29airucd.png
That's my QB.

Sephzilla

LionPride

Banned

Aren't injuries (especially to the head/neck) just as bad in rugby as they are in the NFL?

Just so we're clear - i dont actually know the answer but i remember conversations along this line happening
CTE and Concussions are still an issue, mostly because of the peoole in the front 8 and of course having bodies collide will lead to that, but no padding leads to people not thinking their bodies are invincible.

Bronx-Man

Banned
However, the FAA only grants TFRs for stadiums and arenas that hold 30,000 or more, and since the StubHub Center capacity is under 30,000 -- the Chargers announced a sellout at 25,386 during their game with the Kansas City Chiefs last Sunday -- the FAA will not grant the TFR.
anigif_enhanced-20596-1390938661-11.gif

I cannot think of any team more fun to laugh at than the Chargers.

Striker

They are playing much better defenses this year than last
Giants defense definitely hasn't been as good. Spags has said FS Darian Thompson is getting a reduced role. I'm okay with that as he's been extremely disappointing with his Asante Samuel like tackling. Time for JPP to step up too.

Hindl

Giants defense definitely hasn't been as good. Spags has said FS Darian Thompson is getting a reduced role. I'm okay with that as he's been extremely disappointing with his Asante Samuel like tackling. Time for JPP to step up too.
No, but if you want to compare through the first 3 weeks, Skins/Chiefs/Giants is a much harder defense with a much better DL than 2016 Browns/Bears/Steelers. And in general, NFC East faces the NFC and AFC West, where it's harder to find a team with a bad defense than good one, compared to the AFC and NFC North, which has the Ravens, Vikings, and maybe Bengals?

Striker

No, but if you want to compare through the first 3 weeks, Skins/Chiefs/Giants is a much harder defense with a much better DL than 2016 Browns/Bears/Steelers. And in general, NFC East faces the NFC and AFC West, where it's harder to find a team with a bad defense than good one, compared to the AFC and NFC North, which has the Ravens, Vikings, and maybe Bengals?
Steelers finished 10th pts/12th in yards last year. As for the Redskins, their defense has one great outing but no one should put them on a pedastal. The Chiefs are still missing their best defensive player. And I noted the Giants and how they struggled notably getting off the field on third down. Spags got by last year with these crazy blitz packages and unless he's doing that again the pass rush doesn't appear that often. JPP is one who gets pegged by some fans for padding his stats against bad teams, as he did last year. He got paid and now he's a ghost.

Agree it is, on paper, a tough schedule for some teams especially ones with poorer lines. But the Eagles are loaded on both sides of that, moreso than the Giants are.

welp

Benjamin Allbright ✔@AllbrightNFL
Getting flooded with texts that Trubisky is expected to be named #Bears starter.

Vikings D gonna feast on a rookie Monday night, October 9

Hindl

Steelers finished 10th pts/12th in yards last year. As for the Redskins, their defense has one great outing but no one should put them on a pedastal. The Chiefs are still missing their best defensive player. And I noted the Giants and how they struggled notably getting off the field on third down. Spags got by last year with these crazy blitz packages and unless he's doing that again the pass rush doesn't appear that often. JPP is one who gets pegged by some fans for padding his stats against bad teams, as he did last year. He got paid and now he's a ghost.

Agree it is, on paper, a tough schedule for some teams especially ones with poorer lines. But the Eagles are loaded on both sides of that, moreso than the Giants are.
Oh yeah. Although I'm talking purely in terms of the pass rush and sack numbers. There are coverage sacks of course, but generally it's the pass rusher's ability. And the pass rush for the Skins/Giants/Chiefs > pass rush from the 2016 Browns/Bears/Steelers.

But ultimately, a lot of it is Wentz' fault anyway for holding onto the ball too long
How was Prescot 24 of 30 with a 61% completion percentage?
He meant to type 9, not 0. Made a mistake:

Rvaan

Banned
welp

Benjamin Allbright ✔@AllbrightNFL
Getting flooded with texts that Trubisky is expected to be named #Bears starter.

Vikings D gonna feast on a rookie Monday night, October 9

Mitchell will lead the Bears to the promised land! They shall be slightly below average!

Milchjon

Trevathan is a former Bronco, so he has a history of moral failure. Should play into his suspension IMO.

Also, why is all of NFLGAF visiting Germany this year

Pro's of not sleeping a lot means that I can listen to a lot of music, which made me come to the realization once again how great the Foo Fighters are. They are in my top 4 bands for sure.

Slo

Full disclosure, I may have just had an open bottle of Dogfish Head too close to an open bottle of Siracha, and I may have just reached for the wrong one.

Is this rock bottom?

Top Bottom