• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL '23/'24 |OT| Bradyless Edition

Who will win Super Bowl LVIII

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Cincinnati Bengals

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Baltimore Ravens

• Jacksonville Jaguars

• New York Jets

• Detroit Lions

• Los Angeles Chargers

• Seattle Seahawks

• Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Minnesota Vikings

• New Orleans Saints

• Atlanta Falcons

• Cleveland Browns

• New York Giants

• Denver Broncos

• Green Bay Packers

• Tennessee Titans

• New England Patriots

• Carolina Panthers

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

demigod

It looks like the Lions were trying to trick the ref. Why was there THREE lineman heading towards the ref? 58, 68, 70. I read that the Lions has done this before, not sure if true.

Even Dan Campbell mixed up number 58 with 68 post press conference. Some shady shit going on here by the Lions.

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
It looks like the Lions were trying to trick the ref. Why was there THREE lineman heading towards the ref? 58, 68, 70. I read that the Lions has done this before, not sure if true.

Even Dan Campbell mixed up number 58 with 68 post press conference. Some shady shit going on here by the Lions.

Good point, also it doesn't matter if decker (68) reported or not, because when 70 did report that he was eligible, he was then covered by a wr, making him ineligible. 2 flags were on the field, one was for 68, the other for 70. Rules state that once you declare yourself as eligible, you must remain eligible as the ball is snapped.

Last edited:

demigod

pretty sure the ref confused 68 for 70?

Just got back from the bar and I honestly can't believe the refs fucked that as hard as they did. I also saw somewhere that the head ref says that 70 was the one that reported to him, but you can clearly see in the replays that 70 isn't anywhere near the ref when number 68 is declaring himself.

So it looks like the ref just confused number 68 and 70 and now the lions have to pay for it. That fucking sucks lol
You guys might want to rewatch the play. The ref CLEARLY pointed to number 70 that was running towards him. And apparently the rule is only 1 person can report.

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
ZdXLm2e.jpg

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
You guys might want to rewatch the play. The ref CLEARLY pointed to number 70 that was running towards him. And apparently the rule is only 1 person can report.
That doesn't mean anything. You can see on the replays that Goff told Decker to go and declare himself to the refs. He then went and did it. You can see it on the replays. By the time #70 even starts running towards the refs the head ref had already talked to #68 and started to walk away. You could even see that Campbell was screaming "I TOLD YOU" to the head ref after the call was made. Campbell explained the play might be called to the refs before the game and that #68 was the eligible receiver.

The refs just fucked this up. Plain and simple. Cursed Lions get another kick to the nads.

demigod

That doesn't mean anything. You can see on the replays that Goff told Decker to go and declare himself to the refs. He then went and did it. You can see it on the replays. By the time #70 even starts running towards the refs the head ref had already talked to #68 and started to walk away. You could even see that Campbell was screaming "I TOLD YOU" to the head ref after the call was made. Campbell explained the play might be called to the refs before the game and that #68 was the eligible receiver.

The refs just fucked this up. Plain and simple. Cursed Lions get another kick to the nads.

Who do you see the ref pointing to?

Nobody_Important

You mean the proof that not 1 not 2 but 3 Lineman went to the refs and he only pointed at #70? Now explain to me why 3 went towards him?
I'm not wasting time on this so you can believe what you want lol

I will choose to believe the video, the players, the coaches, and the experts watching the video over the officials who have been shit all year.

demigod

I'm not wasting time on this so you can believe what you want lol

I will choose to believe the video, the players, the coaches, and the experts watching the video over the officials who have been shit all year.
Yeah refs are shitty, but you are wrong on this. You couldn’t even explain my question.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Yeah refs are shitty, but you are wrong on this. You couldn’t even explain my question.
Yes I did but you seem to just gloss over my answer. The refs confused who was the eligible receiver so him pointing to number 70 like you said is irrelevant because he was not the eligible receiver number 68 was. Both the player and the coach confirmed this. You saw in the replay the QB tell #68 to report. So like I said I'm just not going to waste time on this.

Your mind is made up and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Last edited:

demigod

Yes I did but you seem to just gloss over my answer. The refs confused who was the eligible receiver so him pointing to number 70 like you said is irrelevant because he was not the eligible receiver number 68 was. Both the player and the coach confirmed this. You saw in the replay the QB tell #68 to report. So like I said I'm just not going to waste time on this.

Your mind is made up and that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
No you did not answer my question. Why are there 3 lineman going towards the ref? There is no confusion, you are just making it up.

Nobody_Important

No you did not answer my question. Why are there 3 lineman going towards the ref? There is no confusion, you are just making it up.
Because they were trying to confuse the Cowboys. This isn't rocket science dude. Multiple lineman go to the ref, but only one declares himself. Teams do this all the time to try and mess with the other team. This time it was #68. The refs fucked it up and called #70. The Lions told the refs this might happen before the game. Dan Campbell talked about it after the game.

The video is there. The coach and the lineman both explain what happened and its backed up by the video. Idk what else you want.

demigod

Because they were trying to confuse the Cowboys. This isn't rocket science dude. Multiple lineman go to the ref, but only one declares himself. Teams do this all the time to try and mess with the other team. This time it was #68. The refs fucked it up and called #70. The Lions told the refs this might happen before the game. Dan Campbell talked about it after the game.

The video is there. The coach and the lineman both explain what happened and its backed up by the video. Idk what else you want.
Lol no. They were trying to confuse the ref and it failed. You don’t walk to the ref unless you’re reporting.

Even so, like others said, its an illegal formation.

Thaedolus

Me: wtf the Lions already played? Didn’t we already play them? wtf is happening…

…oh we’re playing the Colts, why are so many teams silver and blue…

demigod

it's an illegal formation according to the refs because they didn't think 68 reported

the lions 100% got hosed

No, you are getting your info wrong. It’s #70 thats in an illegal formation.

Allen: “Yes. Because number 70 reported as eligible and he was covered up on the line of scrimmage, that makes it an illegal formation. So, number 70 is in an illegal position because he is covered up by rule, and number 68 catches the pass, which is also illegal.”

demigod

but 70 never reported as eligible ?
Oh jesus not dis shit again. The ref Brad Allen pointed at #70. You can keep arguing, but the ref never acknowledged #68 as being eligible.

Play stupid games like the Lions, win stupid prizes. Hopefully they learned their lesson in trying to deceive the ref.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
why would they be trying to deceive the ref lol?

i'm new to these convoluted NFL rules, but it seems (according to rex in video posted above) that what they did was common practice

Last edited:
Man the Dolphins are frauds, Tua sucks and their defense is dog shit. I was hoping the Browns would have a chance at winning the AFC North but the Ravens are going to lock it up.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
When the Bills get the 2 seed after next week, I'm going through this thread and quote shaming all of you who wrote Buffalo off.

May your shame mould you into becoming true Billievers.

When the Bills get the 2 seed after next week, I'm going through this thread and quote shaming all of you who wrote Buffalo off.

May your shame mould you into becoming true Billievers.
Yeah I'm shocked Bailey Zappe didn't light the Bills up today like I expected him to. Getting 4 turnovers and holding a overwhelming 13 point lead on the 6 time Superbowl Champs is something all Bills fans should be excited about.

Honestly I hope the Ravens run it up on the Dolphins so they know what it feels like to get their shit pushed in lol.

Last edited:

Kings Field

as a Pennsylvanian who has to endure hearing about “muh Eagles” all season, I’m loving the last five weeks. Losing to a shit team this week and almost shitting the bed against the Giants on Christmas has made the end of 2023 even better

Mortisfacio

Figured Miami would lose, but that was painful. Largely the defense sucking, but Tua has not once been "clutch" in "big time games" his entire NFL career. All his impressive games have been early season comebacks. End of season, playoff implications on the line, he's awful

Where is the Natty Tua everyone loved? That clutch performance has never been shown in the NFL.

Man talk about due or die for Buffalo. If they don't win next week they could be out of the playoffs and if they win they could get the 2 seed lol. What a crazy season.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
lol chiefs missing out on another TD because MVS can't catch an easy ball ? what in th efhjokef jlkas

i mean what is this ? I can catch that ball 100% of the time

4whkvtmxkp9c1.jpeg

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

Bradley Chubb likely out for the season with an ACL tear. This team can't catch a break with injuries... currently Miami has 9 of 22 starters out going into playoffs. R.I.P.

Top Bottom