• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL '23/'24 |OT| Bradyless Edition

Who will win Super Bowl LVIII

• Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Philadelphia Eagles

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Buffalo Bills

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Cincinnati Bengals

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Baltimore Ravens

• Jacksonville Jaguars

• New York Jets

• Detroit Lions

• Los Angeles Chargers

• Seattle Seahawks

• Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Minnesota Vikings

• New Orleans Saints

• Atlanta Falcons

• Cleveland Browns

• New York Giants

• Denver Broncos

• Green Bay Packers

• Tennessee Titans

• New England Patriots

• Carolina Panthers

• Tampa Bay Buccaneers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
So what's your guys thoughts on Denver moving on from Russell Wilson? What team picks him up in the off-season?

Seems they are ensuring he doesn't get hurt first because if he did they owe him some crazy extra amount of money. I don't think they will move on from him thst easily. He new contract doesn't even start until next year!

KrakenIPA

Seems they are ensuring he doesn't get hurt first because if he did they owe him some crazy extra amount of money. I don't think they will move on from him thst easily. He new contract doesn't even start until next year!
Yeah with the new HC it seems like a no-nonsense locker room now. With the Chargers in disarray, Raiders with a volatile owner, and KC on a major downswing, the division is looking juicy for the Broncos for next year.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont follow football, but I got a couple Browns/Flacco bets. Let's go!

Bet 1. Need Flacco to pass for 2 TD or more. $13 pays $36
Bet 2. Need Flacco to pass for 300 yards, 2 TD, Browns win. $5 pays $60

I'm never s big sports better. But got a budget busting $18 that pays $96. lol

There are reports suggesting Denver will cut him because he refused to to defer his injury guarantee for 2025. There were multiple reports saying that they told him earlier this year that this would be his last year on the team.

Last edited:

Man idk, I'm a huge Browns fan but the Jets pass defense is 2nd in the league and it's going to be hard for Flacco to get to 300 passing yards.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
There are reports suggesting Denver will cut him because he refused to to defer his injury guarantee for 2025. There were multiple reports saying that they told him earlier this year that this would be his last year on the team.

Ya seems he will get cut. Wild. I can't think of a QB in recent memory that fell off so hard so fast.

Ya seems he will get cut. Wild. I can't think of a QB in recent memory that fell off so hard so fast.
The thing is, he didn't play that bad this year. However, when you consider what they will have to pay him it's not enough production. Denver really fucked up bad here, they gave up a ton of draft capital and then proceeded to give him a large extension. Now their going to cut their losses but not have a good enough pick in the draft to address it.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
The thing is, he didn't play that bad this year. However, when you consider what they will have to pay him it's not enough production. Denver really fucked up bad here, they gave up a ton of draft capital and then proceeded to give him a large extension. Now their going to cut their losses but not have a good enough pick in the draft to address it.

This is for sure going to go down as one of the worst trades in NFL history

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Man idk, I'm a huge Browns fan but the Jets pass defense is 2nd in the league and it's going to be hard for Flacco to get to 300 passing yards.
Shit. Thanks for the tip. Told ya I dont know anything about NFL! lol

I checked stats and youre right. I was just going on Flacco's trend lately which was 300 yard games.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Going by the game so far, you should hit bet 1 with a good chance for bet 2 as well. 1 TD and 211 yards so far.

Edit: hit the 2 TDs

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I mean he might hit 300 by the end of the game at this rate.
Going by the game so far, you should hit bet 1 with a good chance for bet 2 as well. 1 TD and 211 yards so far.

Edit: hit the 2 TDs
I chieckened out and cashed out early.

The 2 TD bet cashed out in full. The $60 pay out bet, cashed out for $43. Good enough.

I got lucky too because I checked the +1100 big bet before the game started and they had already adjusted it down to +800. Happy. Turned $18 into about $80.

I got some bets Miami Heat bets later today. Herro or Jaquez separate bets. $6 each, pays $21 each. Need 7 rebounds. Butler, Martin, Lowry not playing. So I expect these guys to get a few more rebounds than usual.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I chieckened out and cashed out early.

The 2 TD bet cashed out in full. The $60 pay out bet, cashed out for $43. Good enough.

I got lucky too because I checked the +1100 big bet before the game started and they had already adjusted it down to +800. Happy. Turned $18 into about $80.

I got some bets Miami bets later today. Herro or Jaquez separate bets. $6 each, pays $21 each. Need 7 rebounds. Butler, Martin, Lowry not playing. So I expect these guys to get a few more rebounds than usual.
You probably would have nailed it. He has 296 yards, 3 TDs in the first half so far. I don't see the Jets coming back, they're not that good.

You made out either way tho, so good shit.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
You probably would have nailed it. He has 296 yards, 3 TDs in the first half so far. I don't see the Jets coming back, they're not that good.

You made out either way tho, so good shit.
I was afraid Jets might come back. it was 27-14 at the time.

Hindsight 20/20, but I've been burned on many NBA bets where sure things mid way through the game only for the player to be benched never playing the 4th quarter because the game got out of hand.

Watch out ever betting on Denver players at home. There's chance they'll blow out the other team and by the 4th half the starters dont even play!

Last edited:

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
Would be? Idiot, they are dangerous.

Hi from the game.
No need for the insult, guy. And with Moore and Cooper out they are thin at WR. They will need to play round 1 and if they don't have either they will be in for a rough ride.

Edit: The Jets are not serious about winning this. Down 17 just go for it.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Would be? Idiot, they are dangerous.

Hi from the game.
Dis you?
qCs3Rxr.jpg

Thaedolus

I don’t know if it’s at all a possible scenario, but if the Raiders make the playoffs and play KC again, Kelce made sure black team wants to bend them over again.

What's sad is that there are still people in Cleveland who want him gone.
Because being the perennial laughing stock of the NFL for decades has warped our minds. Winning, success, player development and retention, and organizational stability are alien concepts.

I haven't celebrated a Browns touchdown in literally decades - because I'm trained to wait for the penalty flag, and don't trust it until after the extra point has been kicked. When Flacco scored on our opening drive against the Texans, my girl burst into tears because "We look like a real football team".

That's how fucked up we are.

Last edited:
Because being the perennial laughing stock of the NFL for decades has warped our minds. Winning, success, player development and retention, and organizational stability are alien concepts.

I haven't celebrated a Browns touchdown in literally decades - because I'm trained to wait for the penalty flag, and don't trust it until after the extra point has been kicked. When Flacco scored on our opening drive against the Bears, my girl burst into tears because "We look like a real football team".

That's how fucked up we are.

I like Quincy's content. He is pretty level headed

demigod

Why 2025? Was only that year in the clause?

Why 2025? Was only that year in the clause?
Because his extension kicks in 2024 which guarantees him $37 million a year. So if he didn't adjust his injury guarantee for 2025 he could eventually be guaranteed $76 million if he failed his physical. Denver couldn't afford that cap hit.

demigod

Lol noobs, I knew it was an in-eligible man down field right as Lions caught it. No idea why Dan Campbell was crying about it, he should know the rules. Good call refs.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
WTF happened at the end of the Cowboys/Lions game?

- Dallas winning late in the game by 4 pts
- Dak still airs out passes (incompletes) so it stops the clock, giving Lions a chance to comeback and save timeouts
- Dallas ends up kicking a FG to make it 7 pt lead
- Lions get the ball back and Goff hits many passes so they can go for a game typing TD and make it go to OT
- Lions score a TD in last minute of the game
- They go for 2 pt to win it, instead of tying kick
- 2 pt is good but called back on illegal man penalty
- They still go for 2 pt now on 7 yard line?!?!
- Dallas commits a penalty, so now back at the 2 yard line and Lions still go for 2 pt again
- Lions miss, and Dallas squeaks out a win by 1 pt by score of 20-19

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Lol noobs, I knew it was an in-eligible man down field right as Lions caught it. No idea why Dan Campbell was crying about it, he should know the rules. Good call refs.
Just one of those calls I did not expect.. definitely a good call by refs. Campbell is a moron and should of went for OT. I'm still incredibly frustrated with how Dallas defense let the lions drive down all the way, MC and his poor clock management always comes through.

BazookaBadger

Gold Member
How are teams still fucking up clock management late in games? That pass on 2nd down for Dallas was fucking stupid. Run the ball and force det to use all of their timeouts. Could have easily ran the clock down to a minute or less.

They must learn this shit from the college game. And as for Campbell, it's cool that he likes to go for it and all, but after that dallas penalty just kick the extra point and go into ot.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
lmao another game of american fuckball where a team gets completely fucked over by incompetent refs just like KC vs Bills where the guy is riding on the back of the only eligible receiver and somehow refs don't see it. sports r a joke

also why not kick the free point after 3 tries ???

Last edited:

demigod

lmao another game of american fuckball where a team gets completely fucked over by incompetent refs just like KC vs Bills where the guy is riding on the back of the only eligible receiver and somehow refs don't see it. sports r a joke

also why not kick the free point after 3 tries ???
Huh? The call was correct on this.

Huh? The call was correct on this.
I don't understand why Detroit didn't clarify who was the eligible receiver or just make them both eligible. So what it seems like to me is Detroit was trying to trick dallas by having two linemen approached the ref before the play and what it ended up doing was confusing the ref on who the eligible player was.

Edit: I guess it doesn't really matter, if he was eligible it was illegal formation.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Just got back from the bar and I honestly can't believe the refs fucked that as hard as they did. I also saw somewhere that the head ref says that 70 was the one that reported to him, but you can clearly see in the replays that 70 isn't anywhere near the ref when number 68 is declaring himself.

So it looks like the ref just confused number 68 and 70 and now the lions have to pay for it. That fucking sucks lol

Top Bottom