• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Damn ez.

MYo55ZG.jpg

Patriots7

Im going to give Amendola a pass this season. He did play with basically a detached groin muscle.
At best, Edelman and Amendola play great. Still not enough.

Our TE's are essentially extra tackles.

Collie played well when called upon, but still isn't a top tier receiver.

I'm done with the rookie receivers.

All that mixed up with MacD inconsistent playcalling just saddens me. :(

bionic77

The fact of the matter is though that kaep did not need to take that shot. They were already dinking and dunking themselves to a touchdown which would of left no time on the clock for seattle. Kaep makes a horrible decision to take a longer shot and challenge sherman at that when he didn't need to. It may have not been a "bad" throw but it was a horrible decision to throw it there.
I felt like the Niners should have used some timeouts before that. They wasted probably like 40 seconds on that drive. I would have to review the game tape before saying it was a bad decision. Throw might have been low. Or everything might have been perfect and it might have just been a supernatural defensive play.

cashman

Banned
Well, degree of difficulty factors in....I have no patience for those who look at completion percentage and equate it with accuracy. There is very little correlation.

1. If you can't run the ball you have to take more chances. I blame the play calling and offensive line.

2. If your receivers aren't open you have almost zero room for error. I blame the receivers and play calling.

Hey, Kaep makes mistakes like all QBs do but to look at his completion % and say he isn't a good passer is ludicrous. Just watch the throws...most are great.

lol

razielim

Yeah the people criticizing Kaep for that throw need to grow a pair (of neurons). That is a tremendous play that even Sherman probably only makes 3 out of 10 times or a game winning touchdown that send the 49ers to the superbowl. I just shake my head in sadness at the people who say "you can't make that throw" as they can just go join Alex Smith (aka Captain Checkdown) in the divisional round loss line.

Sherman makes that play only 3/10 times because the smarter decision to throw it nowhere near him happens 7/10 times. It was a good throw, but there wasn't anything lucky about the play. Sherman said they work on tipping it to each other if anyone is near by and just did this with Thomas recently. Dude may run his mouth, but it's up to QBs and Receivers to shut it, and that's not easy.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
That was a really good game between the Niners and Seahawks. A lot of great plays by both teams. That one TD from Kap was a great throw and a really good catch. Sherman's tip at the end was brilliant. I can't hate on that play from Kap because that was a brilliant play. You have to take some chances at the end of the game when you are going for the win.

THANK YOU. Only 2 out of 10 GAF'rs understand that last throw was great. The rest take the brain-dead approach of "hurrr....hurr...he isn't a gud passr".

At best, Edelman and Amendola play great. Still not enough.

Our TE's are essentially extra tackles.

Collie played well when called upon, but still isn't a top tier receiver.

I'm done with the rookie receivers.

All that mixed up with MacD inconsistent playcalling just saddens me. :(
Honestly, I thought the offense went to hell when Hernandez was lost. I think they will be much better next year with a full training camp and hopefully no players in prison.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Sherman makes that play only 3/10 times because the smarter decision to throw it nowhere near him happens 7/10 times. It was a good throw, but there wasn't anything lucky about the play. Sherman said they work on tipping it to each other if anyone is near by and just did this with Thomas recently. Dude may run his mouth, but it's up to QBs and Receivers to shut it, and that's not easy.

Except that the 49ers absolutely had to have a touchdown so you take that risk every time if you can make a throw that great. If Sherman makes that play 3/10 and you win the game 7/10 you OBVIOUSLY THROW IT. Not sure why that is hard to understand.

Also, Sherman's body position through the play would indicate that he had no idea a teammate was in position. It was still a great play pushing it up in the air but it could have been another 49er lurking in the area instead. It was a great play though!

Spinluck

The fact of the matter is though that kaep did not need to take that shot. They were already dinking and dunking themselves to a touchdown which would of left no time on the clock for seattle. Kaep makes a horrible decision to take a longer shot and challenge sherman at that when he didn't need to. It may have not been a "bad" throw but it was a horrible decision to throw it there.

Boldin would've hauled that shit in. Ballsy move to throw up a jump ball, but Kaep has good receivers that can make that play. I don't fault him for trusting them. Unfortunately for them, Richard Sherman was the guy who was covering Crabs.

But yeah, it would've probably been better for them to chip their way closer to the end zone. Kaep could've made a play with his legs if they got close enough.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Had a bunch of beef stew in the slow cooker all day to either celebrate or drown my sorrows in after the game.

At least I'll eat well!

JCizzle

Boldin would've hauled that shit in. Ballsy move to throw up a jump ball, but Kaep has good receivers that can make that play. I don't fault him for trusting them. Unfortunately for them, Richard Sherman was the guy who was covering Crabs.

But yeah, it would've probably been better for them to chip their way closer to the end zone. Kaep could've made a play with his legs if they got close enough.

I have a lost super bowl that says otherwise...

linkboy

Boldin would've hauled that shit in. Ballsy move to throw up a jump ball, but Kaep has good receivers that can make that play. I don't fault him for trusting them. Unfortunately for them, Richard Sherman was the guy who was guarding Crabs.

Same thing at the end of the Super Bowl last year, Colin forced a pass to Crabtree (twice in the SB) that just wasn't there.

effzee

Gronk coming back off a major knee injury, and with his weakened immune system, plus the Pats dont sign big money FAs. They will lose Talib and Wilfork will be 36 and also coming off an injury. Brady will be a year older and teams now know hopefully to stop the run first and dare Brady to beat them deep. Maybe not next year but the cliff is fast approaching for the Pats.

Brady was only ineffective at times passing because his weapons were hot garbage.

All of the other stuff is true but still their coach and QB are the best in the division and that alone allows them to win the division.

dark days are ahead

dark days...

We always have Lebron winning his 3rd ring to look forward if only to see NBA GAF meltdown again in pure hatred and rage.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
All the great coaches the Pats have and they couldnt adjust over a whole year to losing one TE. lol

1 TE? try 2 Tight ends, their top 2 wide receivers (3 if you count branch, but I don't), and their 3rd down back Woodhead. Not to mention the loss of Vollmer on the line, Vereen for more than half the season, and inconsistent trash game in and game out. One game Dobson was the guy, the next was thompkins, the only continuity all season long was Edelman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom