• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I normally wouldn't do this, but there is a poster on one of the forums I lurk that breaks down prospects very well. Here's what he said about Mike Evans that worries me:

In my book, Evans' ceiling is Jimmy Graham. In fact, the more I look at these wr's, the more I think the Steelers shouldn't take one in the first round. Just not a lot of separation between the 2nd best and the 10th. There's a ton of talent at receiver this year, probably 20 guys with good skills and/or physicality. The exception is Sammy Watkins. Guy is a stud who can do it all. Haley would lose his mind him. He's basically Antonio Brown, but bigger, faster, stronger and more athletic. Not as shifty, though.

You have a point Talon although they can play their instruments, the song is catchy, and they managed to think enough to make their sexual messages metaphors.

Although it is tremendously racist.

Talon

In my book, Evans' ceiling is Jimmy Graham. In fact, the more I look at these wr's, the more I think the Steelers shouldn't take one in the first round. Just not a lot of separation between the 2nd best and the 10th. There's a ton of talent at receiver this year, probably 20 guys with good skills and/or physicality. The exception is Sammy Watkins. Guy is a stud who can do it all. Haley would lose his mind him. He's basically Antonio Brown, but bigger, faster, stronger and more athletic. Not as shifty, though.
I'd put Marquise Lee clearly at #2 after Watkisn. A lot of Prisoner of the Moment going on with that guy.

Abbrederis intrigues me because he has those random games where he pops off and then just does shit all the rest of the game. Reminds me of when Decker was at Minnesota, who completely disappeared...against Northwestern of all teams.
You have a point Talon although they can play their instruments, the song is catchy, and they managed to think enough to make their sexual messages metaphors.
Hell, Elvis never wrote any of his songs, and we never remember the Ke$ha/Owl City equivalents of the 80s, 70s, 60s (the Monkees I guess?), etc.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I had a sketchy encounter on craigslist a couple of months ago trying to sell GTAV. I had sold DSs' and PSPs', games on craigslist in the past with no problem, but always met in public obviously.

There was two red flags:

1.) The area code was from St. Louis, and not from any of the many SoCal area codes

2.) The guy wanted to "test" the game. How did he want to test it? He wanted me to come to his apartment and put the game in his PS3 to see if it worked. lulz I knew right away what would've happened had I done that. When I go to their apartment, he probably would've had some friends their, and once the game was tested and in their PS3 it was theirs and If I called the cops there would've been no way to prove that it was mine and I probably would've gotten jumped before the cops got their and they would've said I instigated it.

Although I still had the original receipt, but still, I couldn't believe how desperate and stupid these kids were to go through all that hassle just to try to jack me for GTAV. Why not just get a job? I knew it was a crew of people because I got like three calls afterwards from area codes from St. Louis trying to get the game but they all stopped texting/calling after I mentioned I had a receipt and I had no intention of going to their apartment to try to test my mint condition of GTAV.

Talon

What's your honest opinion of Benjamin? All I have to judge him by is the endzone catch in the Sugar Bol but I'm reading that he's very raw as well.
I'm just so iffy about guys that have one monster year and then jump to the league. He's clearly big and fast - I mean that one play where he basically shook off 3 guys on a run and catch is very Julio or Dez Bryant-esque. To me, a) he played with the best QB in the country, b) he was asked to just play down the field, and c) he doesn't have the body of work that Watkins and Lee have to show.

I just have more confidence in a guy like Lee that produced for two season and then had a bum year from injuries, a team in disarray for the first 6 games, new QB, etc.

Man. I can't even sleep you guys. This shit is going to be so intense tommorrow. I don't know how I'll survive if the 49ers lose. Having to listen to another 12 months of. "Kapernick just can't win in Seattle" Will drive me insane

Talon

lol don't you know you meet them in a public place and bang them in the bathroom I mean sell your game to them in the lobby.
image.php

Okay, Evan Rachel Wood.
God dammit all of my salad toppings fell to the bottom of the bowl
I hate when that happens.
Wtf? I never knew the name of that song or listened to more than 10 seconds of it from movies but wow.
"You know how people squint when they have orgasms?"
"Yeah, mate, they look Japanese."
"Holy shit, let's write a song about it!"

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I'm rooting for either the Patriots or Broncos (preferably Broncos because of Manning). I'm used to PatriotsGAF and BroncosGAF having success and am comfortable with it. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know.

I don't think I could survive the whole offseason thread with HawksGAF or NinersGAF saying "kiss the ring".

Talon

I'm pretty sure there's a NFL bylaw that prohibits teams whose mascots are birds from winning the Superbowl, so it's all taken care of.

Afrikan

His name is Ruuuuussell....last name Wiiiiiilson.

1357685809729.gif

we've finally adjusted to this sneaky fucker. Not worried about him anymore.

just got to stop Marshawn...crash in everytime they do the read option...besides on 3rd downs.

we just need to not turn the ball over on offense and we are good.

I had a sketchy encounter on craigslist a couple of months ago trying to sell GTAV. I had sold DSs' and PSPs', games on craigslist in the past with no problem, but always met in public obviously.

There was two red flags:

1.) The area code was from St. Louis, and not from any of the many SoCal area codes

2.) The guy wanted to "test" the game. How did he want to test it? He wanted me to come to his apartment and put the game in his PS3 to see if it worked. lulz I knew right away what would've happened had I done that. When I go to their apartment, he probably would've had some friends their, and once the game was tested and in their PS3 it was theirs and If I called the cops there would've been no way to prove that it was mine and I probably would've gotten jumped before the cops got their and they would've said I instigated it.

Although I still had the original receipt, but still, I couldn't believe how desperate and stupid these kids were to go through all that hassle just to try to jack me for GTAV. Why not just get a job? I knew it was a crew of people because I got like three calls afterwards from area codes from St. Louis trying to get the game but they all stopped texting/calling after I mentioned I had a receipt and I had no intention of going to their apartment to try to test my mint condition of GTAV.

I wondered if there was a reason you never answered my calls. Figured you were just classless like Suh. Now give me that game

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
What's your honest opinion of Benjamin? All I have to judge him by is the endzone catch in the Sugar Bol but I'm reading that he's very raw as well.

Likes to catch the ball with his body. Drops a lot because of it. Just overall raw. Great size/speed combo. If someone will teach him and he's willing to learn, he'll be great. But not the sure thing that the Steelers like to draft in the first.

rando14

His name is Ruuuuussell....last name Wiiiiiilson.

1357685809729.gif

we've finally adjusted to this sneaky fucker. Not worried about him anymore.

just got to stop Marshawn...crash in everytime they do the read option...besides on 3rd downs.

we just need to not turn the ball over on offense and we are good.

Of course now that you said that he's gonna break out tomorrow!! :cool:

oh who am I kidding

Likes to catch the ball with his body. Drops a lot because of it. Just overall raw. Great size/speed combo. If someone will teach him and he's willing to learn, he'll be great. But not the sure thing that the Steelers like to draft in the first.

I'm conflicted about that first round pick. I think Benjamin is the guy, but only if he leaks to the second round. I just don't see the Steelers picking a tackle in the 1st and that seems to be the only can't miss on offense worthy of a first.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I wondered if there was a reason you never answered my calls. Figured you were just classless like Suh. Now give me that game

:jnc If I knew it was a fellow NFLGaffer I would've given it to you for free. Unless you were part of PackersGAF.

Speaking of which I have a free Steam game to give away that I won from the awesome Steam gifting from Christmas time: Warlock Master of the Arcane. Its like a fantasy Civilization from what I've read but don't have time to play it. I also have a DMC4 code but I'm trying to figure out how to give it away cause I'm still a Steam n00b. I'll let you guys know whats going on with that one.

First to shoot me a PM gets the Warlock game.

squicken

Agree with you on Watkins. Benjamin scares me and Evans ... just no clue yet. idk on Lee either.

I like Amaro a lot and Ebron is supposed to be something else as well. ASJ has some character warts but may be the better all around guy. I just wonder if Watkins is worth a top 5 pick. That's Andre and Calvin Johnson range

Seahawks-Age is tiiiiiiiiiiight tonight.

You guys ok? I thought you had this...12th Man and all that...

It'll be a "Blue Monday" for all my co-workers if they lose tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I will still be yelling, #gorams :)

Good luck, fellas.

Conference title games are always tough.

Yeah I know. I'm just having fun.

I still have you guys winning and meeting the Broncs in the StuporBowl.

I think you just have to worry about San Francisco targeting the other side of the field--- the not Richard Sherman side.

The Baxter side.

Man. I can't even sleep you guys. This shit is going to be so intense tommorrow. I don't know how I'll survive if the 49ers lose. Having to listen to another 12 months of. "Kapernick just can't win in Seattle" Will drive me insane
Know that feel bro. If the Broncos lose it'll be months of Manning the playoff choker and Skip Bayless-ites deifying the Pats. Not sure I can take that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I think you just have to worry about San Francisco targeting the other side of the field--- the not Richard Sherman side.
Mister, have you heard the good news about Maxwell, Thurmond, and Lane?

Of all the reasons to worry about tomorrow's game, the secondary isn't one of them.

cdyhybrid

Yeah I know. I'm just having fun.

I still have you guys winning and meeting the Broncs in the StuporBowl.

The Baxter side.
I'm not worried about our D. Offense has to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom