• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Conference Championships |OT| MS Paint edition because of lazy/busy hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

Holy shit. lol

fuck Vanderchoke

i thought it was already well known that Pats can win playoff games despite Brady? last week they could've probably rested Tammy up for this game and still win.

Pats fans know but like to think Brady is somehow more clutch or that Manning is a choker. What's great about that post is that it lays out exactly how Manning has played and lost in the playoffs. Everyone thinks it is 11 bad INTs like vs BAL and NOLA, but never remember that even in those games, there's shit that went on that never happens to Brady b/c of Belichick/Vinatieri

squicken

New England and Wes Welker: Recreate Through the Aggregate, Don't Replace

ww13pb6p.png

ww292z6p.png

squicken

What’s wrong with Russell Wilson?

“There are a couple of things going on here,” Cosell said in a phone interview on Saturday morning. “When teams win and make the playoffs, obviously the quarterback — public perception-wise — gets a ton of the credit. But you have to understand what the Seahawks are.

“They’re a run-first team with a quarterback who, for the most part, has played smart football, efficient football, safe football — but whose running ability has sort of captured people’s attention and made him appear as though he’s a better player than he is.”

---

“They are running a very limited pass game right now. All you can do is say, Why are they doing that? I don’t know why they’re doing that.”

Have the Seahawks coaches scaled back their offensive sophistication this season, compared to last year when Wilson’s acumen as a rookie passer seemingly improved with every game?

“My sense it’s a little scaled back, but it’s been this way mostly (since Wilson entered the NFL),” Cosell said.

No vested interested in either game but my money is on Seattle vs. Denver super bowl.

Seattle looked just too good against NO last week. They were dominant, despite the " close " score. I think Capp gets nailed 4-5x this game early and will set the pace. He will become nervous in the pocket and try and force things out quick. Will result in TO's.

Denver, just too good of an offense. No weather affecting anything. Denver will have a field day with that England defense. The more I think about it, the more I see a Denver blowout. Something like 38 to 17-21

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If I ever had to choose teammates for a 3 on 3 bball tournament to save my life...

I'd just pick Greg, he's all I need. I'd be throwing alley oops to him all game.

UNSTOPPABLE!

Vyroxis

Banned
Denver, just too good of an offense. No weather affecting anything. Denver will have a field day with that England defense. The more I think about it, the more I see a Denver blowout. Something like 38 to 17-21

Brady is gonna have a fun time picking apart the Broncos D. But the high octane offense the Broncos can put up is what SHOULD keep them in the game. If the Broncos win it, it will be by 14 or less. If the pats win it, it will be their normal 40+ point blowouts.

Godslay

Banned
:jnc at the idea of a blowout. These teams are closer in stature at this point than people realize. Meaning Denver v NE. I won't rule out the idea, but I don't see it happening for either team.

As far as being fearful or nervous I guess I'm not. It's all out of our control so all we can do is hope for the best.

D23

Gammeeeeeee daaaay. Getting ready for tailgatting soon and then going to century link

SEAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAWWWWKKKKSSSS

yuraya

I haven't made my predictions yet. but if the patriots do win this game and the super bowl afterwards than it will probably go down as the most incredible story ever considering all the injuries and off the field issues this team has had in the offseason with hernandez. and they traded away welker lol

Godslay

Banned
They've been through a lot this year and with who we have, didn't think they would make it this far. Hope we make it all the way and clean it out.

Feel the same way. Losing 7 starters and a HC for a quarter of the season, I'm surprised the season didn't derail. Just hoping they show up today.

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
From #NFLGameDay: WR Hakeem Nicks is not expected back with #Giants. Besides disappointing play, he was fined multiple times by the team

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Multiple sources tell me Hakeem Nicks was fined repeatedly for being late to meetings & missing treatment. He battled thru several injuries

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Hakeem Nicks is not the only player to be late & miss treatment. He’s not a bad guy. But in a contract year, this frustrated #Giants.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
On #Browns: OC Adam Gase feels he’s in a great situation & would need a perfect opportunity to leave Denver. May not even interview in CLE

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Browns want to interview #Seahawks DC Dan Quinn. There is mutual interest. His 3 options for OC: Kyle Shanahan, Gary Kubiak, Mike Mularkey

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
On a bright side for #Browns: Peyton Manning knows Jimmy Haslam well from UT. Manning has vouched for Haslam to OC Adam Gase.

Godslay

Banned

To be honest with you, the reason I don't think Gase is leaving is because they are grooming him to take over in Denver. It wouldn't shock me if Fox retires when Peyton does, especially IF they have post-season success. Elway loves him, and I see him trying to hang on to him as best as he can.

Just a guess, and he very well could go elsewhere, but that's how I see it.

squicken

To be honest with you, the reason I don't think Gase is leaving is because they are grooming him to take over in Denver. It wouldn't shock me if Fox retires when Peyton does, especially IF they have post-season success. Elway loves him, and I see him trying to hang on to him as best as he can.

Just a guess, and he very well could go elsewhere, but that's how I see it.

Foxy seems like a coaching lifer to me. Not sure how that will go, though I do think Peyton retires if he wins the SB this year, whatever he has said about that March physical

Godslay

Banned
Foxy seems like a coaching lifer to me. Not sure how that will go, though I do think Peyton retires if he wins the SB this year, whatever he has said about that March physical

Yeah, he's still a relatively young 58, but I think he goes when Peyton goes. Could very well be wrong, but I think after the health scare he's not coaching for life.

As far as Peyton, if indeed he does finish this quest, I don't think he retires. I think he plays out his contract. I'd be shocked if he does retires prior to that. It would take extremely unlikely circumstances, (winning 2 or health/injury) to force him out.

To me, it's a clean break for both Fox and Manning to go together and let a younger guy in Gase start rebuilding the team with younger talent.

Its Rapaport but in this case considering what Hakeem put on the field this season, it wouldn't shock me if it was all true.

Nicks was a beast when he cared. Too bad he's made of glass and thought that playing half-assed was going to earn him a payday with us. Reiterating my point from moths ago - Reese chose right in paying Cruz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom