• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

mr2xxx

Banned
top 10 reasons 49ers will win the superbowl this year:

1. best defense in the league
2. operation phoenix rising will be completed as alex spreads his wings to engulf the league in his violent melody
3. brandon jacobs can drive his car as fast as he likes around town. we're all friends here!
4. harbs handshake has gotten even more firm this year
5. vernon davis is the best TE in the league. this is especially impressive considering he only runs 2 routes
6. we will draft coby fleener and TE cheese the league... madden style!
7. frank the tank will have fresh legs late in the year thanks to bjac and Khunt
8. best special teams in league history
9. kyle williams will never return punts again
10. every team in the nfc got worse and we got better

Top 10 reasons they won't win

1. Harbs will be banned from the league after he hand cripples three coaches and i's discovered the owner was given him bounty money for such hand crippling acts.
2. Goodel will then take over the franchise and let Kapernik start the season.
3. After earning/sucking for the 1st overall pick, Goodel will then give that pick to the Giants or Pats cuz thats how he rolls.
4. Kyle williams will be a 9er for another decade.
5. Fuck the other 6 reasons

bionic77

I'd laugh my fucking ass off if Nintendo released a system weaker than the 360.

The E3 threads this year are going to be glorious
for back-seat spectators.
The funniest thing would be for the Wii U to be 10% weaker than the 360 and then MS and Sony to release even weaker systems that focus on even crazier input tech and are sold at profit.

It won't happen but if it did GAF would probably explode and never be able to recover.

mr2xxx

Banned
Cant be mad about losing something we never had.

At least we can share the experience of having had McRibb at QB.

bsFGq.jpg

The funniest thing would be for the Wii U to be 10% weaker than the 360 and then MS and Sony to release even weaker systems that focus on even crazier input tech and are sold at profit.

It won't happen but if it did GAF would probably explode and never be able to recover.

It doesn't matter what Nintendo delivers, I'm out. I bought a Gamecube and played close to nothing. I got sucked into the Wii craze and picked one up mostly for the kids, and it collected dust in my house.

They both go 6-10.

Thats my estimate for the Vikings.

Im cautiously optimistic that they squeek out a couple over that.

It sounds nuts, I know. But they are going to draft well and a lot of those touchdown or less games from last year will translate as wins.

Say what you will about the Vikings, they dont stay down long.

snesfreak

Banned
Thats my estimate for the Vikings.

Im cautiously optimistic that they squeek out a couple over that.

It sounds nuts, I know. But they are going to draft well and a lot of those touchdown or less games from last year will translate as wins.

Say what you will about the Vikings, they dont stay down long.
Just wait till ARod gets ran out of Green Bay, then you can steal him away and
not
make it to the Super Bowl with another Packers QB!

Redskins. They'll actually have a QB.

If the Vikings draft Kalil/Jeffery, Ponder will look miles better than he did last year.

The problem with Ponder boiled down to two things:

1. He was facing a jailbreak every down with no line protection.

2. The receiving core boiled down to one good receiver that happens to be a slot guy.

He showed some flashes of brilliance along the way. He struggled as much as you would expect for a second round level talent with little or zero help.

bionic77

It doesn't matter what Nintendo delivers, I'm out. I bought a Gamecube and played close to nothing. I got sucked into the Wii craze and picked one up mostly for the kids, and it collected dust in my house.
It's your money dude. Buy what you want.

Just make sure to hate the Pats and we are cool.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If the Vikings draft Kalil/Jeffery, Ponder will look miles better than he did last year.

The problem with Ponder boiled down to two things:

1. He was facing a jailbreak every down with no line protection.

2. The receiving core boiled down to one good receiver that happens to be a slot guy.

He showed some flashes of brilliance along the way. He struggled as much as you would expect for a second round level talent with little or zero help.

Nah I wasn't knocking Ponder I just meant the Redskins should get much better QB play then they did out of the Grossman / Beck combo last season.

I think Ponder can still end up being a pretty decent QB. Hopefully Peterson comes back completely healthy but I kind of doubt it after that injury.

Nah I wasn't knocking Ponder I just meant the Redskins should get much better QB play then they did out of the Grossman / Beck combo last season.

I think Ponder can still end up being a pretty decent QB. Hopefully Peterson comes back completely healthy but I kind of doubt it after that injury.

My mistake. And I totally agree with RG3 ending up being a baller.

Peterson will be back at 80% I'm guessing, which will still be better than the vast majority of backs. Plus Gerhart is pretty good so I'm not too worried about that situation.

If I could get some guarantee that the sports games would be the same on the Wii U as on the PS4 and 720 I would have next to no reason to buy either console.

Redskins. They'll actually have a QB.

We don't know how RG3 is going to transfer to the NFL. He might end up being total dog shit and Skins fans could be begging for Grossman back. I doubt it and think Griffin will be a solid player with a high ceiling. But he will still be a rookie while Ponder will have a year under his belt

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If I could get some guarantee that the sports games would be the same on the Wii U as on the PS4 and 720 I would have next to no reason to buy either console.

Yeah forget graphical capabilities I'm just hoping the Wii U actually has an online infrastructure that is actually halfway decent.

Junie12

I have to admit, these console wars are very entertaining to read, but it is also sad because among the trolls some of the posters are very serious and that make me :(

Still, I can't wait for the E3 meltdowns! All this hype is making me :D

As for the Wii U, I already said it a millions of times but as long as it has Pikmin 3 I'm buying that shit. Specs be damned!

eznark

Banned
The thing that is great about Nintendo consoles is that they are cheap as shit, so who cares? I probably played fewer than 20 games on it during its entire life and definitely feel like I got my monies worth.

snesfreak

Banned
If I hadn't been forced to replace my first Wii, I probably would have put that $250 toward a 360.

And I'd be getting beat down in Madden against you assholes.
Because I fucking suck at Madden, and I've been playing it since the mid 90s.

If I hadn't been forced to replace my first Wii, I probably would have put that $250 toward a 360.

Did you forget to put the strappy thingy on your wrist and fling it across the room and smash the shit out of that plastic frame?

Alas, I don't do that console war shit anymore. I've owned consoles from all of the Big 3, and they all can make great, albeit flawed, gaming machines.

If it were financially viable (or logistically practical, knowing that I'm stuck in a dorm room for at least the next year), I would just build a desktop, join the master race, and be done with the consoles for good. The only downside is that I'd have to deal with shitty ports (and in some case, no ports at all).

Get a playstation, at the very least you can play through the Uncharted games.

MiniDitka

You can always play Madden on the Wii :D
I'm being serious, its actually a fun game on Wii.

bionic77

I was pretty disappointed with sports games this gen.

Madden was a pretty big disappointment to me graphically and from a gameplay perspective. I want a big shake up next gen.

And winning eleven (fav sports series ever) was worse than last gen. Insanity.

If the Vikings OLine doesn't improve then the Redskins will have a better record.

My face will be exactly like my Avatar when they draft Kalil, an expression of pure Ecstasy.

Move Johnson to guard.
Kalil at LT.
Sulli at C.
Schwartz at guard.
Loadhold RT

Already infinitely better.

Junie12

I used to have a PS3 until it died on me. I didn't really care to be quite honest since I wasn't a fan of the exclusives anyway so I don't feel left out.

PC for life yo!

I like the parts where they ripped off Indiana Jones and Tomb Raider. The parts where they rip off shitty sci fi movies ruin the games.

"I like the parts in Starwars where they rip of John Carter.

I like the parts in any fantasy media ever where they rip off lord of the rings"

Dont be one of those people ez.

Top Bottom