• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Fox318

My face will be exactly like my Avatar when they draft Kalil, an expression of pure Ecstasy.

Move Johnson to guard.
Kalil at LT.
Sulli at C.
Schwartz at guard.
Loadhold RT

Already infinitely better.

It all starts with the OLine.

The best draft the Jets ever had was getting Mangold and DBrick in the 06 draft.

I was pretty disappointed with sports games this gen.

Madden was a pretty big disappointment to me graphically and from a gameplay perspective. I want a big shake up next gen.

And winning eleven (fav sports series ever) was worse than last gen. Insanity.

Madden is underwhelming but *shrug* it scratches an itch.

As for WE, I loved the Wii control. Complete evolution of the series. Unfortunately nobody I know wants to play soccer.

Then there was baseball. complete gimmick on the Wii, shit on the 360. God I wish MVP baseball would come back.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is fucking hard.

What console do you play on?

I was pretty disappointed with sports games this gen.

Madden was a pretty big disappointment to me graphically and from a gameplay perspective. I want a big shake up next gen.

And winning eleven (fav sports series ever) was worse than last gen. Insanity.

Madden sucked.

From what I understand FIFA is where its at now for Soccer.

Beyond that NCAA was solid this gen and so was the bit I played of NBA 2K.

mr2xxx

Banned
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is fucking hard.

yeah it is, played with some buddies for a bit then we all got our asses handed to us by my girlfriend multiple times. She never plays videogames must be some savant or something. We all looked at each other like
wee-bey-gif.gif

Uh you only read half my post apparently.

Nah I covered it, I just read your comment as dripping with sarcasm.

My mistake.

I personally dont recall the sci-fi elements as being that ridiculous outside of the first game and at that they are pretty light. Sure they require some suspension of disbelief but the games are well written and I (and a lot of other people) found them to be a lot of fun.

To each their own I suppose.

bionic77

Is there a new webapp for Neogaf? The old one doesnt work with the new site layout so I have to load the entire site on my iPhone.

In other news that FMT thread is crackin me up.
Yes add /mockup to the end of the end of the current app.

Warning it is fuglier than the Niners offense!

What console do you play on?

Madden sucked.

From what I understand FIFA is where its at now for Soccer.

Beyond that NCAA was solid this gen and so was the bit I played of NBA 2K.

Fifa's outstanding now. NCAA's good. NBA 2K11 is one of the GOAT sports games. (2K12 is good too, but not quite as good). If you're on PS3, The Show is also fantastic.

And the Tiger Woods games are pretty good now too. (Although I couldn't really ever make the shift from the 360 controller to the PS3 controller for TW, not a fault of the game, just me being too used to the 360 gamepad)

bionic77

Madden is underwhelming but *shrug* it scratches an itch.

As for WE, I loved the Wii control. Complete evolution of the series. Unfortunately nobody I know wants to play soccer.

Then there was baseball. complete gimmick on the Wii, shit on the 360. God I wish MVP baseball would come back.
I still bought 3 versions or Madden on PS3. I am a sucker just like the rest of us.

I heard WE on Wii was really good but I never tried it. All my friends played on PS3 and eventually we all switched to FIFA, which is better than current gen WE but I thought the last gen games were more fun. First gen sports game didn't dramatically improve for me.

Junie12

I haven't played a Madden game since 09 I think? It had Brett Favre as the cover but yeah anyway ever since I gave away my 360 to my brother I haven't played any Madden games since.

I missed playing it sometimes :(

effzee

That about sums it up. Below average run blocker, severe drop off from Peters in that department. To be fair, he played an entire season (2010) on an iffy leg, had microfracture surgery after the '09 season. Instead of sitting out the year he fought through the pain and played. 09/10 are hard to evaluate because of his knee issues.

Good athlete, can handle speed rushers, a power end will give him fits, combine the two and it's an uphill battle. Allen destroyed him a couple of years ago, entire OL got its ass kicked though, lots of injuries that game.

Bell looked stronger to me this year, he was a much improved run blocker, he probably worked on his lower half more, something he couldn't do in previous seasons because of injuries. Looked good in the screen game.

I think he was finally turning the corner. Like him, if he can stay healthy he may be a good player. No end gave him trouble in 11, very solid. Chan masks the exterior OL issues by going with a quick pass game. Bell wasn't exposed much, QB doesn't take deep drops. Just needs to stay healthy.

Edit: He's no worse than someone like Bushrod. Actually, if everything pans out health wise, Bell can be a much better tackle than that scrub. Put a speed rusher opposite Bushrod and it's game over.

Thanks knew I could count on you insight!

Fox318

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7770107/new-york-jets-sign-rugby-star-hayden-smith-projects-te-3-year-deal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrKoqxq4-HM

Fifa's outstanding now. NCAA's good. NBA 2K11 is one of the GOAT sports games. (2K12 is good too, but not quite as good). If you're on PS3, The Show is also fantastic.

And the Tiger Woods games are pretty good now too. (Although I couldn't really ever make the shift from the 360 controller to the PS3 controller for TW, not a fault of the game, just me being too used to the 360 gamepad)

The putting in TW12 is ass.

bionic77

Is it wrong that I want Super Bowl L to be held in Cleveland or Green Bay?
Neither city has the infrastructure to support it. The rich fair weather fans would hate it. I am not even sure the whores would be motivated to travel to either of those shitstains of cities.

As a fan thogh I would love to see it in a cold weather city. The idea of the Superbowl in Cleveland is especially hilarious.

Top Bottom