• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Striker

"Kill them, destroy them and make them fear you."

*Niners drop 14 points on them in the first quarter*

Has ANYONE, EVER feared the Saints defense?
They scored early because the Saints offense kept turning it over in Niner territory.

It wasn't until late is when the Saints defense got truly embarrassed, and by Alex Smith of all people.

Fox318

I think it doesn't go far enough!
BAN THE AINTS FROM FOOTBALL!

Force Aaron Brooks to be the starting qb.

because labor and management are required to disagree, it's simple enough.

The Saints management and players colluded to injury and possible ruin the lives of every other player. If a coach was working the players out too hard during the season the PA would be all over that.

The NFL's image is ruined.

Just cancel this season and we can all enjoy MLB instead.

NHL/NBA Playoffs coming up.

And for laughs you can watch the Mets season end with the first at bat.

eznark

Banned
So the Saints never expected the recording to make it to the public.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ed-sean-pamphilon-to-keep-recordings-private/

Shefter is also reporting that Gleason did not give permission for the recording to be made public. Whether he was in a position where he had the legal rights over the recodings and whether to to allow that to go public or not is unknown.

I love the irony of Jenkins calling the documentarian a coward. You're on a team with a group of players that are nothing but thuggish cowards going at peoples ACL and looking to cause head/ankle injuries and somehow you're feigning outrage? :jnc

Uh, maybe this is just the Obama-esque redefinition of words, but it seems like the guy who released the tape is the opposite of a coward.

Well, as mentioned earlier - the biggest joke of the whole situation is how completely soft the Saints defense has been for the past two seasons under Williams. Plenty of teams had reason to fear their offense but the defense? The whole scandal might be even more damning if we were talking about the '85 Bears of the 2000 Ravens. Instead we're talking about the Charmin soft Saints defense...

Maybe they were soft because deep down they were laughing at Williams. Pasty, out of shape white guy yelling "mother fucker" every week, I'd be laughing too.

The NFL's image is ruined.

Just cancel this season and we can all enjoy MLB instead.

Ewwww, seriously, that is so gross.

Greg

I didn't know nfl gaf was so pussyfied, smh.
dVriW.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
*Player or Staff member makes anonymous comment*

Players: Cowards!

*Staff member is known when releasing information*

Players: Cowards!

MechDX

Wait, what?

The Astros don't have fans...I've never even heard of one much less seen one in the wild.

Typical Houston professional sports fans: show up when the hype train is running! Texans seem to be breaking that mold finally and the Rockets have a good, dedicated fanbase.

And oddly enough the Dynamo (MLS) team has a good following.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Typical Houston professional sports fans: show up when the hype train is running! Texans seem to be breaking that mold finally and the Rockets have a good, dedicated fanbase.

And oddly enough the Dynamo (MLS) team has a good following.

From what I know of Texas sports, it's about 95% Cowboy fans and 90%+ UT fans. This is true because I've known lots of Dallas sports fans from Houston but never a Houston sports fan from Dallas.

I guess the population of the state is large enough to support Houston teams.

MechDX

From what I know of Texas sports, it's about 95% Cowboy fans and 90%+ UT fans. This is true because I've known lots of Dallas sports fans from Houston but never a Houston sports fan from Dallas.

I guess the population of the state is large enough to support Houston teams.

Other than the Cowboys there are not really fans of the other two sports. Texans sign VY they would automatically leap the Cowboys in fans. It would also make us terrible but hey! Whatcha gonna do?

Also 98% of Cowboys fans are douchebags. Were talking douchiness of Greg Williams stature.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Other than the Cowboys there are not really fans of the other two sports. Texans sign VY they would automatically leap the Cowboys in fans. It would also make us terrible but hey! Whatcha gonna do?

Also 98% of Cowboys fans are douchebags. Were talking douchiness of Greg Williams stature.

Okay.

I think we can hang.

Fox318

VY can still play in the NFL.

Hell he should be the starter in Jacksonville.

snesfreak

Banned

Only 98%?

MechDX

But not as bad as Bucs fans.

Actually, you know what, no, they are as bad as Bucs fans.

Nothing compares to Cowboy fans. NOTHING. I would rather live in a house full of Patriot fans than deal with ONE Cowboys fan. Maybe the perspective is different nationally but Cowboy fans in Texas are the worst.

Little cockroaches who scurry about spreading filth from the mouths when the Cowboys are good. Then the lights come on and they see they are not really that good and they all go into hiding.

Oh my...

Judy Battista ‏ @judybattista

Joe Vitt's attorney David Cornwell says Gregg Williams was a "rogue coach".

Judy Battista ‏ @judybattista

Cornwell also said Payton and Loomis warned Williams to stop bounties after were told NFL was investigating before Detroit playoff game.

Execute Operation Throw Gregg under the bus...

-----------------------------------------------------

Sean Pamphilon, the documentary film maker who released the clip also released a statment (a rather long and unfocused one) detailing his time with the Saints. It can be read here:

http://theusof.com/2012/04/tru-dat-gregg-williams-saints-audio-bountygate-pay-for-pain/

I could go into how much I diagree with his assessment of the players and the long list of excuses he gives for them having no blame but I've made my feeling known on that already.

Crisco

Banned
The ironic thing about all this is that the Saint's defense was soft as shit.

"Judge, it's not true. Watch the game tape. Look how soft our defense was!"

Draxal

Nothing compares to Cowboy fans. NOTHING. I would rather live in a house full of Patriot fans than deal with ONE Cowboys fan. Maybe the perspective is different nationally but Cowboy fans in Texas are the worst.

Little cockroaches who scurry about spreading filth from the mouths when the Cowboys are good. Then the lights come on and they see they are not really that good and they all go into hiding.

Let me guess those boys fans were also Yankees/Lakers fans too?

Mike Silver just said on Sirius that part of why the guy released the G Williams audio was because he was broke and trying to get attention to his documentaries. lolz

BigAT

The ironic thing about all this is that the Saint's defense was soft as shit.

"Judge, it's not true. Watch the game tape. Look how soft our defense was!"

Your honor, if it pleases the court I would like to enter into evidence what shall be referred to as Exhibit A.

Football_breaks_tackles67ydTD.gif

The defense rests.

They were too worried about taking him out instead of making the tackle.

I agree.

All this "Kill the head, the body will fall" nonsense, meant that his player's weren't wrapping up and couldn't bring anyone down for shit.

Picking on old man Favre, Hall of Fame grocery-boy Warner, and Pillsbury Dough Boy Stafford doesn't make you a good defense.

dschalter

Oh my...

Execute Operation Throw Gregg under the bus...

-----------------------------------------------------

Sean Pamphilon, the documentary film maker who released the clip also released a statment (a rather long and unfocused one) detailing his time with the Saints. It can be read here:

http://theusof.com/2012/04/tru-dat-gregg-williams-saints-audio-bountygate-pay-for-pain/

I could go into how much I diagree with his assessment of the players and the long list of excuses he gives for them having no blame but I've made my feeling known on that already.

read the statement last night and i was thinking that maybe i was tired and that was why it seemed so dopey and poorly structured... not the case.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It actually does explain the total lack of tackling ability. The year they won the Super Bowl they were mostly looking for turnovers and being ballhawks.

Oh and astronomical amounts of luck throughout that season.

I didn't know nfl gaf was so pussyfied, smh.

I played college football. Played growing up as well. Never heard a coach say anything like that. Saying he sounds like a mad man doesnt mean we're "pussyfied".

We get it already; you're the manliest man on NFL GAF with the highest work ethic, the best workout routine, the most ladies on your arms because you don't play games in public, and the most pussified QB in the NFL representing your team.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'll never forget how the Saints were calling the Lions "the dirtiest team in the league" after their game.

Good times.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I played college football. Played growing up as well. Never heard a coach say anything like that. Saying he sounds like a mad man doesnt mean we're "pussyfied".

We get it already; you're the manliest man on NFL GAF with the highest work ethic, the best workout routine, the most ladies on your arms because you don't play games in public, and the most pussified QB in the NFL representing your team.

He's a Bears fan. Give him a break--it's not his fault.

Top Bottom