• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

So...can we pretty much put a wrap on Gregg Williams' career?

The Goodellfather was pissed when he was hoodwinked once. He's going to bring the wrath of god over being hoodwinked twice.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Belichick was considered evil ?

I don't think Bionic agrees with you.

He still is. He's just now less evil in comparison.

Lucifer Morningstar > Gregg Williams > Fucking Shitheads Who Crane at Fender Benders Blocking The Goddamn Freeway When I Am Just Trying To Get Home You Fucking Fuck > Bill Belichick

He still is. He's just now less evil in comparison.

Lucifer Morningstar > Gregg Williams > Fucking Shitheads Who Crane at Fender Benders Blocking The Goddamn Freeway When I Am Just Trying To Get Home You Fucking Fuck > Bill Belichick

Well that's pretty good! Yay Bill! He's like an angel.

6105291.bin

bjb

Banned
Creepy tape aside - the guy who recorded it is working on a documentary for Steve Gleason. Former Saints player who's now battling ALS in his 30's.

Such a tragic story. Wife and kids and no real treatment or cure. Fuck ALS.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why do I get the feeling any big hits by any player from any team, a legit big hit from anyone will get scrutinized and looked under the microscope (magnified x1000) due to this audio tape
People will just hear this and go "See his Def. Coach must have paid him off"

G. Williams speech, was fucking Ice Cold

Hey I may not root for 49ers, but that shit was way way over the line

Hurting players like that, and reinforcing it over and over by saying it, Goddamn, sorry Saints Fans, terrible deal for you to handle through

Wrayfield

At least he is not faking remorse. Just shuts up and doesn't appeal. What's there to appeal? He was pretty clear in his instructions, he got caught, he probably won't return to coaching in the NFL.

HOLY SHIT.. I don't know if I'm late...

but here is Greg Williams recorded giving a "speech" to his players before our Niner game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fhnn9kbqQUA

yeah he is going to be in deeper shit...its one thing when the NFL just suspends him because they know what happened...but when this gets out there and more media outlets who are don't cover football start making a big deal, the NFL might make another example out of the guy.

but its funny how the game turned out.... we knock out their guy on the first series (like we have done for most of the season......for free..lol).

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT TILL WE PLAY THEM AGAIN THIS YEAR! Don't Care if Williams an't there anymore, them bitches are still on the roster.

edit - look at what #58 tried to do to Gore....Frank had hip surgery last year.....whistle blew, and the cheap shit tried to put all his weight on Frank's hip.

My favorite part is the hurting them on sideline part, "When he's on the sidelines, we've gotta turn that motherfucker over, turn their coaches over, turn their spectators over."

What a douchenozzle. I think "turn that motherfucker over" is my new favorite football phrase. I think Vince Young recites it every time he takes the field.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Hey come on guys let's not be so harsh on the Saints.

Remember Dree Brees' baby? That was adorable!

Or how about that warm up chant? Inspiring!

And that face of "Who Dat!" He clearly represented years of cellar dwelling, you guys just don't understand!

And Katrina clearly just messed with Gregg Williams head!

Come on guys you know....Katrina. KATRINA!

I'm loving every bit of this!

GraveRobberX said:
Why do I get the feeling any big hits by any player from any team, a legit big hit from anyone will get scrutinized and looked under the microscope (magnified x1000) due to this audio tape
People will just hear this and go "See his Def. Coach must have paid him off"

G. Williams speech, was fucking Ice Cold

Hey I may not root for 49ers, but that shit was way way over the line

Hurting players like that, and reinforcing it over and over by saying it, Goddamn, sorry Saints Fans, terrible deal for you to handle through
While the speech is ridiculous, cold and pretty much solidifies Greg Williams should never work in the NFL again - I still say that the players hold just as much responsibility for going along with it and not having the balls to stand up and say they aren't going to participate in intentionally injuring a fellow player.

If the players involved come away with a slap on the wrist while the coaches take the brunt, I'll be far more upset than listening to Williams thuggery.

bionic77

Rejoice Germans and alligators of the world.

Belichick is no longer the most evil person in the NFL.
I am sorry but you are an idiot.

Williams was just reckless and got caught. I am sure a lot of coaches say the same stupid shit to their players.

Bellicheat's evil goes beyond the NFL. I am not saying he is worse than Hitler but lets just say that is a better comparison.

Pezking

While the speech is ridiculous, cold and pretty much solidifies Greg Williams should never work in the NFL again - I still say that the players hold just as much responsibility for going along with it and not having the balls to stand up and say they aren't going to participate in intentionally injuring a fellow player.

If the players involved come away with a slap on the wrist while the coaches take the brunt, I'll be far more upset than listening to Williams thuggery.

I agree. The player's are definitely accountable as well.

jakncoke said:
Has there been a timetable laid down on possible player suspensions/fines?
The NFLPA is doing everything they can to make sure the players get as little punishment as possible. Including asking for more evidence, getting lawyers involved etc.

eznark

Banned
I am sorry but you are an idiot.

Williams was just reckless and got caught. I am sure a lot of coaches say the same stupid shit to their players.

Bellicheat's evil goes beyond the NFL. I am not saying he is worse than Hitler but lets just say that is a better comparison.

Yeah.....not so much. Specifically screaming at his players to re-concuss previously concussed opponents, including telling defenders to attack players heads after the whistle?? No one else is that idiotic. You do realize the NFL investigated every other team as a result of this, right?

Generally, coaches are smart enough to leave this kind of thing unsaid.

Pezking

Stupid shit?

Yes.

Pointing out recent injuries and telling his players to aim right there?
Telling them to "affect the head" after the play is over?
Offering money as a reward for injuring opponents?

I don't think so.

Milchjon

Can't blame bionic. He's not yet ready to accept how this upsets his long held perception of the moral dynamics of the NFL. Just give him time.

bionic77

Yeah.....not so much. Specifically screaming at his players to re-concuss previously concussed opponents, including telling defenders to attack players heads after the whistle?? No one else is that idiotic. You do realize the NFL investigated every other team as a result of this, right?

Generally, coaches are smart enough to leave this kind of thing unsaid.
I agree that most coaches are smart enough to not say this shit openly but there are alot of coaches in the NFL and a lot of them are crazy, stupid or both.

I mean we know for a fact that Mike Singletary tried to motivate his team by pulling down his pants. Imagine the crazy shit they are doing in Tampa or the evil shit that goes down in Foxboro. There must be some other coaches who are equally desperate but not so dumb as Singletary, and some of those guys must be evil like Williams.

Gully State said:
Just listened to the Greg Williams speech...All I have in response is..
Well, as mentioned earlier - the biggest joke of the whole situation is how completely soft the Saints defense has been for the past two seasons under Williams. Plenty of teams had reason to fear their offense but the defense? The whole scandal might be even more damning if we were talking about the '85 Bears of the 2000 Ravens. Instead we're talking about the Charmin soft Saints defense...

So the Saints never expected the recording to make it to the public.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ed-sean-pamphilon-to-keep-recordings-private/

What on earth was Williams thinking making those statements while a documentary filmmaker was recording it?

The answer is that Williams was thinking Pamphilon was with the Saints to make a private recording for former Saint Steve Gleason and his family. The men in the Saints’ locker room had no idea Pamphilon was ever going to make what he saw and heard public.

A source told PFT’s Mike Florio that Gleason, who has been diagnosed with ALS, had joined up with Pamphilon to make private recordings that could some day be given to Gleason’s son, so that he could get to know his dad after he was no longer alive. Gleason plans to issue a statement saying that Pamphilon was not authorized to publicize what he recorded.

Pamphilon was invited to San Francisco because Gleason was there to visit a doctor in the Bay Area, and when Gleason was included in Saints meetings before the game against the 49ers, Pamphilon was allowed in as well. But the Saints believed — wrongly, it would turn out — that Pamphilon was going to share what he recorded only with the Gleason family, not with the general public.

Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins went on Twitter to bash Pamphilon for making the recording public.

“Sean pamphilon is a coward and should be ashamed for taking advantage of Steve Gleason! How much did u get paid for that audio?” Jenkins wrote.

Shefter is also reporting that Gleason did not give permission for the recording to be made public. Whether he was in a position where he had the legal rights over the recodings and whether to to allow that to go public or not is unknown.

I love the irony of Jenkins calling the documentarian a coward. You're on a team with a group of players that are nothing but thuggish cowards going at peoples ACL and looking to cause head/ankle injuries and somehow you're feigning outrage? :jnc

Top Bottom