• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Drakeon

Just saw the schedule, holy fuck we have 5 primetime games. I mean, I know we are finally relevant again, but its weird seeing five 8:00pm games on the schedule.

Is it also the number of laptops Scam stole last week?

Nope, the number of laptops he gave to the poor.

Because Cameron is an outstanding member of our society and truly a gentleman in a league full of dirtbags, sleazeballs, cheats, hooligans, rapists, murderers, drunkards, womanbeaters, and general assholes.

And that's just on the Steelers.

Lions could be 2-2 going into the bye week, although I think 3-1 is more likely (the Titans game could be a toss up). If I had to bet right now

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 9, St. Louis, 1:00 PM Win
Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 16, at San Francisco, 8:20 PM Loss
Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 23, at Tennessee, 1:00 PM Win
Week 4: Sunday, Sept. 30, Minnesota, 1:00 PM Win
Week 5: BYE
Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 14, at Philadelphia, 1:00 PM Loss
Week 7: Monday, Oct. 22, at Chicago, 8:30 PM Loss
Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 28, Seattle, 1:00 PM Win
Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 4, at Jacksonville, 1:00 PM Win
Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 11, at Minnesota, 1:00 PM Win
Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 18, Green Bay, 1:00 PM Loss
Week 12: Thursday, Nov. 22, Houston, 12:30 PM Loss
Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 2, Indianapolis, 1:00 PM Win
Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 9, at Green Bay, 8:20 PM Loss
Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 16, at Arizona, 4:05 PM Win
Week 16: Saturday, Dec. 22, Atlanta, 8:30 PM Win
Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 30, Chicago, 1:00 PM Win

10-6

snesfreak

Banned
Nope, the number of laptops he gave to the poor.

Because Cameron is an outstanding member of our society and truly a gentleman in a league full of dirtbags, sleazeballs, cheats, hooligans, rapists, murderers, drunkards, womanbeaters, and general assholes.

And that's just on the Steelers.
:jnc

cdyhybrid

Seahawks

@ ARI L
v. DAL W
v. GB W
@ STL W
@ CAR W
v. NE L
@ SF L
@ DET L
v. MIN W
v. NYJ W

BYE

@ MIA W
@ CHI L
v. ARI W
@ BUF (Toronto) W
v. SF W
v. STL W

11-5 best case but they probably blow two games they should win so I'll go with a range of 9-7 to 11-5. Depends on what they do in the draft as well.

coming home heard 2 things from fan call ins

1) some browns fan think browns getting kahil at 4 :me

2) some brown fan crackheaded up this scenario.

browns give 4, this year 2nd and next years first to..

colts .

to take rg3.. he then said..

browns get their guy and colts can get theirs(luck) at 4.. :me :me :me

Seriously? Not enough of :you in the world

Lions could be 2-2 going into the bye week, although I think 3-1 is more likely (the Titans game could be a toss up). If I had to bet right now

10-6

Traitor!

i talked to some guy at work today who said "man the NFL really screwed the giants with the schedule this year. bullshit i guess they don't want us to repeat!"

are people retarded? do they not understand that the schedule for next year, and 2014, and 2015, and 2016 is already set except for the order the teams finish within their own division? 13 out of every 16 games are already set for years and years and years in advance

i talked to some guy at work today who said "man the NFL really screwed the giants with the schedule this year. bullshit i guess they don't want us to repeat!"

are people retarded? do they not understand that the schedule for next year, and 2014, and 2015, and 2016 is already set except for the order the teams finish within their own division? 13 out of every 16 games are already set for years and years and years in advance

Why do you bother talking to people about sports? You know whats going to happen. Alot of shit will spew out of their mouth and you'll realize right away that they know next to nothing and you made a grave mistake.

Why do you bother talking to people about sports? You know whats going to happen. Alot of shit will spew out of their mouth and you'll realize right away that they know next to nothing and you made a grave mistake.

Answered my own question

Talon

Most people don't know this.

The NFL doesn't make their scheduling process widely transparent and ESPN has no willingness to educate the casual masses (which make up the vast majority of the NFL fanbase) on the system because that would make their three hour schedule reveal extravaganza irrelevant.

Talon

The NFL doesn't make their scheduling process widely transparent and ESPN has no willingness to educate the casual masses (which makes up the vast majority of the NFL fanbase) on the system because that would make their three hour schedule reveal extravaganza irrelevant.
I don't know if they do any more, but the team sites used to have a diagram of how the schedule breaks down over the X year cycles.

Wrayfield

Got my new car today. 2012 Volkswagen GTI.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7070/6942990606_32ba9ccc99_z.jpg[img]

[img]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5116/6942990552_e6acb77a90_z.jpg[img]

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7237/7089060241_7db29368c6_z.jpg[img][/I]

Drives great. Really started researching this thing since getting in one at the Cleveland auto show. The plaid probably isn't for everyone, but I think it's freaking great.[/QUOTE]

You should buy American. Stop boosting Dutch Patriot's economy...

Striker

There was a guy on my Facebook who was really upset when Pittsburgh cut Hines Ward, and called him one of the league's best receivers. Some people are just out of touch, or don't understand the rules (like not knowing the set schedule).

bionic77

Oh fuck. I just looked at the Steelers schedule and the NFL is really fucking us over. Looks like they don't want us to get SB number 7.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
coming home heard 2 things from fan call ins

1) some browns fan think browns getting kahil at 4 :me

2) some brown fan crackheaded up this scenario.

browns give 4, this year 2nd and next years first to..

colts .

to take rg3.. he then said..

browns get their guy and colts can get theirs(luck) at 4.. :me :me :me

I...I don't have an image macro to post to show how stupid I feel that is.

I don't know about the rest of you but I would love to meet the people who are this delusional in real life. I'm always curious to see how they function.

yacobod

Banned
Bears will make the playoffs this year. Easy schedule.

I don't know, I think best case scenario is 10-6. They could easily go 8-8 with the schedule. Should be interesting. Wish we had the bye week later in the year.

DATE OPPONENT
9/9 INDIANAPOLIS W
9/13 at Green Bay L
9/23 ST. LOUIS W
10/1 at Dallas L
10/7 at Jacksonville W
10/14 Off Week
10/22 DETROIT W
10/28 CAROLINA W
11/4 at Tennessee W
11/11 HOUSTON L
11/19 at San Francisco L
11/25 MINNESOTA W
12/2 SEATTLE W
12/9 at Minnesota W
12/16 GREEN BAY L
12/23 at Arizona W
12/30 at Detroit L

Striker

I...I don't have an image macro to post to show how stupid I feel that is.

I don't know about the rest of you but I would love to meet the people who are this delusional in real life. I'm always curious to see how they function.
Best thing a Browns fan can hope for is a 2011 Bengals like season. Don't turn the ball over on offense, play tough, smart defense, and run the rock. They had a rookie QB, #1 receiver was a rookie, and a good run game. I imagine Cleveland is looking hard at Richardson in their first pick, and then at WR in their second choice (Floyd, Hill, Wright).

Lets talk about the future first Canadian football team in the nfl. Toronto Bills

Excite.

(Waits for inevitable expansion. Steelers are my team but it would be nice to go to a game now and then)

Also wtf, why do those throwbacks look like Bungles unis. If they really want throwbacks we may as well play without helmets. Ben will take basically the same amount of injury either way.

EDIT: uh...damn, with that sched I hope we have an o-line this season

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I might watch a NFL game in SD if those Steelers uniforms are shown

Can you imagine them in HD, thank god NFL still doesn't want me to see their games in 3D goodness

jakncoke

Banned
Excite.

(Waits for inevitable expansion. Steelers are my team but it would be nice to go to a game now and then)

Also wtf, why do those throwbacks look like Bungles unis. If they really want throwbacks we may as well play without helmets. Ben will take basically the same amount of injury either way.

EDIT: uh...damn, with that sched I hope we have an o-line this season

we wont

LevelNth

Banned
Woowee, Niners schedule is tough this year. Three of first four away, four of last six away. Gonna make a repeat trip to the playoffs all that sweeter. Can't wait for September and the brouhaha in Lambeau.

Just a shame we won't have a chance to trounce the Steelers again this year.

Adam Schefter said:
Eagles have been shopping CB Asante Samuel in recent days, according to NFL sources around league. Eagles looking to make trade before draft

Once again Eagles trying to get rid of Asante, too bad nobody wants him.

Brinbe

Once again Eagles trying to get rid of Asante, too bad nobody wants him.

I'm sure there's teams that are marginally interested (the last rumor was the Titans, wasn't it?) but he wants a huge extension to go along with any trade, and that's not happening. I don't really care either way, tbh. I'd rather we trade him and move on, but he's useful enough to keep around for another year, and if he sulks, we'll just Reggie Brown him.

bionic77

There was a guy on my Facebook who was really upset when Pittsburgh cut Hines Ward, and called him one of the league's best receivers. Some people are just out of touch, or don't understand the rules (like not knowing the set schedule).
I always felt bad when I was shitting on Hines the last 2 seasons.

He gave so much to the team when he was healthy and young. But nothing lasts forever and he really has been holding the offense back. I don't remember a slower receiver (from his last 2 seasons, especially the last one).

eznark

Banned
What else are we goi to talk about?

Tacos?
The increasing racism prevalent in the Packers fanbase?
Scat?

True. I heard someone bitching about the Packers and Patriots having the easiest schedules next year, then I read a column by a local beat writer that said the Packers would start 1-3 and the world was coming to an end.

I haven't even looked at the schedule yet. I was at an event last night and my phone exploded for like ten straight minutes. That's the only reason I know that 1. the Packers are coming to Cincy in August and 2. a bunch of fucking deadbeats want to camp on my land, coincidentally that same weekend.

I always felt bad when I was shitting on Hines the last 2 seasons.

He gave so much to the team when he was healthy and young. But nothing lasts forever and he really has been holding the offense back. I don't remember a slower receiver (from his last 2 seasons, especially the last one).
Hines put everything he had on the field every week. Those types of receivers are rare.

Calvin Johnson vs. Cam Newton for Madden cover

The Madden curse, if there is one, will apply to one of two high-profile NFC players this year.

The contrived bracket-style tournament has been whittled down to Lions receiver Calvin Johnson and Panthers quarterback Cam Newton.

Packers fans surely are rejoicing, given that quarterback Aaron Rodgers once again has escaped the injuries, struggles, and/or outright goofy behavior that occurs after a player lands on the cover of the most popular (in large part because it’s the only) NFL-licensed console video game.

So is there anything to the Madden curse? As former Ravens coach Brian Billick told PFT Live last week, “I’m not superstitious, but I don’t want my star player anywhere near that thing.”

Voting continues until next Wednesday. Panthers fans, vote for Johnson. Lions fans, vote for Newton.

Scam vs Megatron!

jakncoke

Banned
Calvin Johnson going to fuck up his Achilles and never be the same causing the Lions to go back into another 10 year playoff drought

Top Bottom