• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
McNabb has always been an idiot. Remember when he decided he was going to stop scrambling because "that's what's expected of black quarterbacks" and he didn't want to be a stereotype?

Well, now he's a different stereotype. The one of the idiot athlete.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...i-would-vote-for-myself-for-the-hall-of-fame/

DEzsn.gif

mcnabbdoh-o.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
PFT reporting that the NFL is discussing with the networks about stopping the spoiling of picks beforehand.

FINALLY. It took away every last ounce of drama from the draft just so morons like McShay and Mortensen could get "breaking news" one second ahead of the NFL Network.

BigAT

PFT reporting that the NFL is discussing with the networks about stopping the spoiling of picks beforehand.

FINALLY. It took away every last ounce of drama from the draft just so morons like McShay and Mortensen could get "breaking news" one second ahead of the NFL Network.

Read something this morning that both ESPN and NFLN will not be showing any players on the phone, for similar reasons.

DMczaf

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
From Coach Schiano's Press Conference: He said Ronde Barber is the epitome of a pro. Barber is practicing like he is a first-year player trying to impress the coaches

It's going to be a sad day when Ronde finally walks away. :(

Best Barber.

McNabb is right!!! Hall of Fame player baby. If he doesn't get in he should break away and start his own HOF and invite players of his caliber (like that obese woman who is QB for the Bucs)

Fox318

Except the cameras will be a dead giveaway.

Slo

God I love poker. It's a combination of making people feel stupid, and making them poorer; two of my favorite things. Wish the US gov't would get their shit together on the online front. Fuckers.

cdyhybrid

God I love poker. It's a combination of making people feel stupid, and making them poorer; two of my favorite things. Wish the US gov't would get their shit together on the online front. Fuckers.

You mean like selling people tickets to B1G football? Doh ho ho ho ho

So.... Madden 13...

Scam vs. Megadork

We all know Calvin was going to drop off after getting that fat check. I guess Scam will be cursed this year.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Catching up on Gruden's qb camp. What are the odds that Russell Wilson falls into the late fourth/fifth round so the Steelers can take him?

So I mention this last year before the season, so I might as well bring it up in the off season again....

For 6 straight seasons divisions that play the NFC east also had a team in the Superbowl...will it continue in 2012?

Colts 2006 won it all.
Patriots 2007 the 18-1 tragedy.
Steelers 2008 won it all.
Saints 2009 won it all.
Packers 2010 won it all
Patriots 2011 OMG Welker drop the SB...

in 2012 AFC north and NFC south play the East, who's gonna make the SB? or will the streak end this year?

PS: I haven't seen this anywhere on ESPN/CBS/Fox/NFLn I am shocked they have mention this yet...

Junie12

So I mention this last year before the season, so I might as well bring it up in the off season again....

For 6 straight seasons divisions that play the NFC east also had a team in the Superbowl...will it continue in 2012?

Colts 2006 won it all.
Saints 2009 won it all.
Packers 2010 won it all

in 2012 AFC north and NFC south play the East, who's gonna make the SB? or will the streak end this year?

PS: I haven't seen this anywhere on ESPN/CBS/Fox/NFLn I am shocked they have mention this yet...

That's a crazy coincidence.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Colts 2006 won it all.
Saints 2009 won it all.
Packers 2010 won it all

Browns baby!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Except the cameras will be a dead giveaway.

Except they already said they're not showing guys on the phone in the green room so that won't be an issue.

exarkun

I just read the Viking's article on ESPN. Sounds serious, and it sounds even worse than most of the "stolen" teams from the last two decades because its the actual state fucking them.

Im sorry Eric.

I just read the Viking's article on ESPN. Sounds serious, and it sounds even worse than most of the "stolen" teams from the last two decades because its the actual state fucking them.

Im sorry Eric.

It sucks but even as much as I want to blame the easy target, Wilf and the NFL can afford to build a stadium on their own. That kind of pisses me off.

MechDX

Im sorry Eric.

Incorrect. The owner of the team fucked the city of Houston. They gave his ass what he wanted and a year later he wanted more so the city said hell no to his games.

I do feel for Vikings fans though. It sucks not having a team and if you want to stay somewhat local you support "the enemy". I NEVER switched over to the Cowboys, fuck that noise.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Incorrect. The owner of the team fucked the city of Houston. They gave his ass what he wanted and a year later he wanted more so the city said hell no to his games.

I do feel for Vikings fans though. It sucks not having a team and if you want to stay somewhat local you support "the enemy". I NEVER switched over to the Cowboys, fuck that noise.

Did he do this on his way out?

TFSve.jpg

Rorschach

Old Freeman

josh-freeman.jpg

New Freeman

R99BU.jpg

QafEb.gif

So now you can stop pretending it was just the pads he wore, or the camera angle, or the people around him being smaller than they look making him look bigger, or optical illusions, or accidentally falling into a vat of lard and not having time to shower....

Wes

venison crêpe
1 week 'till the draft! Whoohoooo!

Is it just me or is there a couple of clear sections in terms of draft talent this year.

There's the top 2 - Luck and RG3.
Then the next 4 - Kalil, Claiborne, Richardson, Blackmon.
Then another 10 or so.
But from about 17 to 40 all the prospects projected here seem to be all a much of a muchness.

eznark

Banned

Im sorry Eric.

What a fucking bizarre and troubling way to look at it. The state won't bend its taxpayers over a barrel so it's "fucking" the billion dollar company?

Ok.

eznark

Banned
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told Gov. Mark Dayton on Wednesday there will be "serious consequences" for both the league and the Vikings if the bill isn't passed, according to a Pioneer Press report.

Goodell making threats to legislative bodies trying to bully them into spending money? What a ego-maniacal cunt. I hope they tell the NFL to go fuck itself.

Slo

What a fucking bizarre and troubling way to look at it. The state won't bend its taxpayers over a barrel so it's "fucking" the billion dollar company?

Ok.

I always find it so strange when people make statements like this. The Vikings have options. It's not a matter of if they can afford to build the stadium by themselves, it's that they don't have to. Just like if your employer decided to not offer you stock options, you have the right to shop your services around for a better deal. Do you need stock options? No. But if you can get them, you should.

The net of it is if the state thinks having an NFL football team is a net economic positive, then they need to invest in it. Just like they would invest in a new highway or the education system. Supposedly the Vikes' net gain to the state is into the tens of millions per year. Jobs, infrastructure, sales tax, and local businesses all need to be considered. If the numbers work out, then spend the tax dollar. If they don't....fuck it spend the tax dollars anyway you assholes!

eznark

Banned
I always find it so strange when people make statements like this. The Vikings have options. It's not a matter of if they can afford to build the stadium by themselves, it's that they don't have to. Just like if your employer decided to not offer you stock options, you have the right to shop your services around for a better deal. Do you need stock options? No. But if you can get them, you should.

The net of it is if the state thinks having an NFL football team is a net economic positive, then they need to invest in it. Just like they would invest in a new highway or the education system. Supposedly the Vikes' net gain to the state is into the tens of millions per year. Jobs, infrastructure, sales tax, and local businesses all need to be considered. If the numbers work out, then spend the tax dollar. If they don't....fuck it spend the tax dollars anyway you assholes!

Studies have been completely inconclusive in terms of the real benefits to having a professional sports team. Generally the massive outlay, infrastructure improvements and maintenance, city personnel requirements (cops, traffic, busses, etc,) and the foregone property taxes as a result of TIF's offset the generated revenues.

That being said, his is corporate welfare, flat out. I'm against states going out and trying to incentivize businesses moving state to state (something my man Mitch and Scott Walker have huge boners for) and this is really nothing more than that. It's a misappropriation of tax payer dollars and should infuriate anyone even mildly interested in understanding where that stolen portion of their paycheck ends up. Zygi's coffers, that's where.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/08/sports/08stadium.html?_r=2&src=twt&twt=nytimes

Story from a couple years ago that goes into some of the underlying issues and expenses.

Plinko

Goodell making threats to legislative bodies trying to bully them into spending money? What a ego-maniacal cunt. I hope they tell the NFL to go fuck itself.

I was hoping for Vikings fans until I saw Goodell's bullying comment. Now I'm not so sure.

Let's get to the real talk: How do they realign the divisions once they move to LA? Who replaces them in the NFC North? St. Louis Rams? Because I think they eventually are the 2nd LA team.

eznark

Banned

Slo, this might be more up your alley. It's a comic!

http://reason.com/archives/2007/05/23/lets-all-give-money-to-the-ric

exarkun

Ok.

have you even read the articles about this? It kind of makes it clear that the Vikings want to stay, are bending over backwards, want to renew the lease but the state is wary of it. If they are negotiating in good faith and the state isn't keeping up its end of the deal and is leading them on, in a legal sense they are getting bent over by the state.

long story short, the packers still suck ezzy. And Erron isn't even the coolest white boy doing the discount double check anymore!

eznark

Banned
have you even read the articles about this? It kind of makes it clear that the Vikings want to stay, are bending over backwards, want to renew the lease but the state is wary of it. If they are negotiating in good faith and the state isn't keeping up its end of the deal and is leading them on, in a legal sense they are getting bent over by the state.

long story short, the packers still suck ezzy. And Erron isn't even the coolest white boy doing the discount double check anymore!

I've read plenty of stories about it. According to most, the Vikings could build the stadium without any taxpayer money, so they should do so. They're simply negotiating to try and get as much as they can. The legislators are right to play hardball with this, as the net result is generally negative (financially).

Top Bottom