• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

being 6'2 or 5'11 isn't going to change his fate.

There have been successful shorter QBs. I think Moore could be okay, his accuracy is amazing but I dont think he has the arm to play QB in the NFL. I would still take a flyer on him in a later round and hope to get lucky.

bionic77

Anything is a must have to the person that wants it.
Yeah when I said a must have device I thought it was implied that it was something almost everyone wanted, not just some game or system that you like, because you can find someone out there that loves almost anything.

I do maintain that the PS3 was crap though and it was probably only a must have in Europe (if even there).

Maybe in the future our phones and tablets will become so popular that they can run most games and it doesn't make financial sense to support these closed system consoles. Who knows...

jakncoke

Banned
There have been successful shorter QBs. I think Moore could be okay, his accuracy is amazing but I dont think he has the arm to play QB in the NFL. I would still take a flyer on him in a later round and hope to get lucky.

My point was, height isn't holding him back. In my opinion, he's nothing more than a career back up. So being 6'2 or 5'11 isn't going to change that.

Slo

I watched him throw the deep ball to WR prospects in the combine and it was hilarious how early he had to throw the ball to get it down field in time. The WRs were barely 3 strides downfield and the ball was in the air, and usually way off target.

Yeah when I said a must have device I thought it was implied that it was something almost everyone wanted, not just some game or system that you like, because you can find someone out there that loves almost anything.

I do maintain that the PS3 was crap though and it was probably only a must have in Europe (if even there).

Maybe in the future our phones and tablets will become so popular that they can run most games and it doesn't make financial sense to support these closed system consoles. Who knows...

I dont see how anyone can think this. It had a ton of great games, 1st and 3rd party. The best visuals out of any console this gen, free mp that has most of the features on XBL, tons of great PSN games, PS+ turned out to be an amazing feature, replaceable HDD, ability to stream music and movies, it really blows my mind to still see people put the PS3 down.

jakncoke

Banned
I dont see how anyone can think this. It had a ton of great games, 1st and 3rd party. The best visuals out of any console this gen, free mp that has most of the features on XBL, tons of great PSN games, PS+ turned out to be an amazing feature, replaceable HDD, ability to stream music and movies, it really blows my mind to still see people put the PS3 down.

Not when it first came out. I remember laying down 600 and waiting months for the games.

Slo

I just finally accepted that I'm old while reading your post.

Not when it first came out. I remember laying down 600 and waiting months for the games.

I to spent $600 at launch but I just played a ton of Resistance while waiting for Sigma to come out. What does a lack of games 6 years ago matter now? I was just replying to Bionic saying it is crap now.

jakncoke

Banned
I to spent $600 at launch but I just played a ton of Resistance while waiting for Sigma to come out. What does a lack of games 6 years ago matter now? I was just replying to Bionic saying it is crap now.

I believe "was" is used in form of past tense in which I believe he was targeting the early years. Yeah i played RFOM. But then got bored with it and waited for Oblivion\

edit: This primetime is from 99 and berman was talking about Chargers and he says "and maybe if the Chargers get something out of Ryan Leaf next year" :me'd

I believe "was" is used in form of past tense in which I believe he was targeting the early years. Yeah i played RFOM. But then got bored with it and waited for Oblivion\

edit: This primetime is from 99 and berman was talking about Chargers and he says "and maybe if the Chargers get something out of Ryan Leaf next year" :me'd

Oh I must have missed that. Man I cant even imagine how bad Oblivion ran on PS3. It ran like shit on 360 and that was definitely the lead console platform.

bionic77

First of all keep in mind I am obviously not a Sony fanboy like you are so I have a different perspective on things.

A little background. The PS2 to me was objectively one of the greatest systems of all time and I liked the PSX before that (rpg heaven for me), so obviously I expected a lot out of the PS3. I bought the system at $499 and got MGS with it, and with a price like that my expectations for the system were even higher and honestly I have not been this disappointed with a system since the N64 (which followed the SNES, my favorite system of all time).

I was not impressed with the games for the most part. I hated next gen Madden, for whatever reason most of the Japanese development seemed to be on the DS, and I liked Sony's first party games (and they were visually amazing), but that was not enough to make up for the other disappointments. I was also pissed at how expensive the controllers were and how often my batteries died in them (this is partly my fault and partly the fault of Sony, the batteries in the DS don't react well to long periods of inactivity). I was shocked that Sony had no service to repair the controllers (I had to change the batteries myself).

Obviously the PS3 was not a total waste, almost no system ever is. It had some great games (some of which I still have to play like Read Dead and Uncharted 3), but to me at least it was a shit system and a huge disappointment. Though outside of the DS this entire generation has been a huge disappointment for me.

Wow I have never been called a Sony fanboy before. I am sorry you have had so many problems with controllers. 360 and PS3 are my 2 favorite consoles ever because of all the new things they have added, like achievements, custom soundtracks, online mp, digital game stores, amo others. I guess if your only barometer is number/quality of game then I can see how you would be disappointed. I am actually a Sega fanboy tough, not that they exist anymore. :(

jakncoke

Banned
Wow I have never been called a Sony fanboy before. I am sorry you have had so many problems with controllers. 360 and PS3 are my 2 favorite consoles ever because of all the new things they have added, like achievements, custom soundtracks, online mp, digital game stores, amo others. I guess if your only barometer is number/quality of game then I can see how you would be disappointed. I am actually a Sega fanboy tough, not that they exist anymore. :(

They do, they just hide under new coats of paint.

Maybe we should change the topic to cartoons, ponies, or our favorite Lucky Charms marshmellows.

Lets talk some football. If the Vikings pass on Kalil I think the Eagles will trade up to #4 with the Browns and take him. What are the chances the Vikings pass on him?

eznark

Banned

What? I've been calling you a Sony fanboy since the Vita was announced.

Slo

Lets talk some football. If the Vikings pass on Kalil I think the Eagles will trade up to #4 with the Browns and take him. What are the chances the Vikings pass on him?

I'm 70% sure that we'll take him. With him at LT we can move Johnson to LG and our line improves a ton right away. However, it really wouldn't surprise me if we took Mo or Blackmon. I sure hope we aren't that stupid though.

bionic77

What? I've been calling you a Sony fanboy since the Vita was announced.
Yeah I didn't think I pulled that out of my ass.

He certainly fits the profile!

I have no problem with fanboys assuming you are < 16. I expect kids to do all sorts of dumb shit. But once you get old enough it is probably one of the most pathetic things of all time.

And when I say fanboys I don't mean loving a specific game or console, I mean the people who get attached to its success or the other teams failures.

bionic77

Would you rather:

Be called (insert videogame company) fanboy/girl; Patriots fan, or a racist?

I would have to rank it as:
1. fanboy
2. racist
Pats fan

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

They'd have to give up a ton to move up, though.

DMczaf

Fatman probably has a tshirt with that taco party box on it

5hLrb.jpg

NFL GAF, a girl at work sitting close to me has been singing for the past hour. What can I do?

If she can sing: Politely tell her to lower her music so to not disturb the rest of the office.

If she can't sing: Politely tell her to TURN THAT DAMN MUSIC OFF, AND STOP TRYING TO SING, BECAUSE YOU CAN'T MOTHERFUCKING SING, BITCH! Again say that in the nicest way possible.

I would sing along with her but I don't know the songs at all...it's quiet hiliarous to listen to because her keys drop like crazy

Oh she is now doing the finger snapping thing to the rhythm. Damn

Top Bottom