• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

eznark

Banned
You are are so old lol. I was born in 88' so starting at 10 is pretty good.
False. My recollections start at 5. At 10 I was calling in to local radio and writing letters to the paper. At 12 I was interviewed about the baseball strike (I was pro scab, obviously) for the local paper. Man I wish that interview was online.

On Kelechi Osmele of Iowa State:
"I just don't know if football is that important to him. He was raised by women, which bothers me. I mean, how tough can he be? It's not his fault, but it's still reality."

I love nothing more than anonymous quotes from scouts. Always beautiful.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...problem-scouts-darndest-things-181624090.html

bionic77

My earliest football memories include a hatred for the Browns and Bungles and a secret desire that the Steelers could somehow get Joe Montana and Lawrence Taylor to play for us.

The 80s were pretty awesome in general, but it sucked as a Steelers fan. I think we only won the division like once the entire decade. Not sure if the Oilers won it back then, in my mind it seemed like the Browns and Bungles controlled the division.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I didn't really get into football until the 93' playoffs and my family was already living in Arkansas by that time. The only way to watch Green Bay during the regular season was if they were playing on Monday Night Football or something since they were almost never shown here.

jakncoke

Banned
Speaking of never seeing teams, Im sick of online means if you catch my drift. Sony needs to drop the ps3 to 199 at e3 so i can(im picking one up regardless but saving money is nice jakncoke isnt free ya know) and getting sunday ticket through ps3 this year.

Nightz

My first recollection of football was when I was 6 years old living in the Bay area. My uncle taught me the game while watching the 49ers. However it wasn't until after I moved to San Diego that I really started following football (Ryan Leaf era -_-).

jakncoke

Banned
Fuck you and fuck Willie Stargell.

NBVsQ.jpg

bionic77

Fuck you and fuck Willie Stargell.
I don't give a shit about baseball or Stargell!

I was only into baseball a little bit in the 80s. The most interesting thing about that decade was obviously the rise and fall of the Mets.

Speaking of never seeing teams, Im sick of online means if you catch my drift. Sony needs to drop the ps3 to 199 at e3 so i can(im picking one up regardless but saving money is nice jakncoke isnt free ya know) and getting sunday ticket through ps3 this year.
My PS3 is my Netflix player but for some reason it is slow as shit when it comes to downloading a movie or update. I tried once to rent a movie from the Sony online store and I think it took like 2 hours before it had downloaded enough of the thing before it could buffer. Fuuuuuuck dat shit. I think I might get a Apple TV or Roku in the future for renting movies online. If you just want to get Sunday Ticket hold off on the PS3 and see if it is supported by Apple TV or Roku later.

I first started watching in 88'.

Back then it was the Giants I hated the most. Funny how things change.
:lol

I hated the Giants too back then!

But truthfully the Steelers sucked so I pretty hated everything and was jealous of the talent some of the other teams had. Imagine LT in a Steelers uniform throwing the ball to Joe Montana (yeah I didn't really understand the game until I was like 9 or 10, sue me!).

Bowser

It's called a bar man. I'd rather pay ~$15/week (all bars run beer specials on NFL Sundays) to have all the games on at once on a bunch of TVs than to buy a PS3 plus $200 or whatever Sunday Ticket costs to flip channels back and forth.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Isn't it $199 at gamestop right now with a free game?

jakncoke

Banned
It's called a bar man. I'd rather pay ~$15/week (all bars run beer specials on NFL Sundays) to have all the games on at once on a bunch of TVs than to buy a PS3 plus $200 or whatever Sunday Ticket costs to flip channels back and forth.

I live in a town of like 2k in Ohio 1 hour outside of Cleveland.. they are not going to be playing a Steelers game I assure you of this. I haven't investigated. But im almost positive of this. Also I am mainly a jack n coke/shot type guy who seems to spend 50+ regardless when I go to a bar so I try to avoid bars.

Isn't it $199 at gamestop right now with a free game?

Possibly, but I dont have the cash to do it atm. Gotta get a better computer soon so I can actually do my ps1 game recordings. My gf video card is weak and integrated .

eznark

Banned

God damn. When I did the bar option in Boston I would spend about $200 per Sunday. You get it done for $15?! I would never let you sit in my bar for 8 hours and only pay $15.

Bowser

I live in a town of like 2k in Ohio 1 hour outside of Cleveland.. they are not going to be playing a Steelers game I assure you of this. I haven't investigated. But im almost positive of this. Also I am mainly a jack n coke/shot type guy who seems to spend 50+ regardless when I go to a bar so I try to avoid bars.

Eh, I'm sure you'll find a bar that'll play Steelers game. Here in NYC, there are no qualms about showing Skins/Cowboys/Eagles games, although then again, it's NYC where there are fans of basically every team - I've seen people show up in Jags jerseys at bars here!

God damn. When I did the bar option in Boston I would spend about $200 per Sunday. You get it done for $15?! I would never let you sit in my bar for 8 hours and only pay $15.

The bar I frequent has $3 Bud Light/Miller Lite drafts on NFL Sundays. And I don't sit there for 8 hours, I just go when the Panthers game is on, I'll watch the late afternoon/night games at home. Sometimes I'll spend $30ish if I order food, but I don't tend to drink more than 4-5 beers over the course of one game, especially last season when I think every Panthers game was on at 1PM (wayyyy too early to be getting hammered for me, haha).

jakncoke

Banned
Eh, I'm sure you'll find a bar that'll play Steelers game. Here in NYC, there are no qualms about showing Skins/Cowboys/Eagles games, although then again, it's NYC where there are fans of basically every team - I've seen people show up in Jags jerseys at bars here!

The bar I frequent has $3 Bud Light/Miller Lite drafts on NFL Sundays. And I don't sit there for 8 hours, I just go when the Panthers game is on, I'll watch the late afternoon/night games at home. Sometimes I'll spend $30ish if I order food, but I don't tend to drink more than 4-5 beers over the course of a game, especially last season when I think every Panthers game was on at 1PM (wayyyy too early to be getting hammered for me, haha).

So thats where the Jags fans live, because it certainly isnt in Florida!

@ 2nd bold: Just use the theory of It's late somewhere dammit close enough!

bionic77

Did you just really compare NYC to a village in Ohio?

DeaconKnowledge said:
Back then it was the Giants I hated the most. Funny how things change.

bionic77 said:
I hated the Giants too back then!
Heh. I can't remember liking or disliking the Steelers back then.

My earliest football memories are around '85. The Parcells era was underway and my dad was always a Giants fan so it was easy enough to latch onto the team. It helped to have LT, Harry Carson and Carl Banks to watch. I remember absolutely loving Joe Morris and Mark Bavaro as well.

I was like 7 or 8 years old and I swear the Joe Theismann injury is one of the more vivid memories I have of my youth.

Bowser

Let's veer this thread back to football...let's play a game. For the first round on Thursday, write who you think your team will take, who you want your team to take, and who you DON'T want your team to take. Go!

Think Panthers will take: Q. Coples, DE, UNC
Want Panthers to take: F. Cox, DT, Miss. St.
Don't want Panthers to take: L. Kuechly, LB, BC

bionic77

Heh. I can't remember liking or disliking the Steelers back then.

My earliest football memories are around '85. The Parcells era was underway and my dad was always a Giants fan so it was easy enough to latch onto the team. It helped to have LT, Harry Carson and Carl Banks to watch. I remember absolutely loving Joe Morris and Mark Bavaro as well.

I was like 7 or 8 years old and I swear the Joe Theismann injury is one of the more vivid memories I have of my youth.
The Steelers were not good in the 80s and they played in the AFC Central (which also wasn't that great) so you probably didn't pay much attention to us. I think the only thing the Central was known for was entertaining playoff games (which the Bungles and Browns always found a way to lose in the last seconds).

And everyone who watched football in the 80s vividly remembers LT ripping Theismann's leg off with his teeth and then proceeding to celebrate on the field by having sex with some underage virgins.

Bowser said:
Let's veer this thread back to football...let's play a game. For the first round on Thursday, write who you think your team will take, who you want your team to take, and who you DON'T want your team to take. Go!

Think the Giants will take: Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse (alternate would be Dont'a Hightower which seems more and more linked to the Giants)
Want the Giants to take: Kevin Zeitler, G Wisconsin or Doug Martin, RB Boise State
Don't want the Giants to take: Cornerback in general (we have enough depth there)

bionic77 said:
And everyone who watched football in the 80s vividly remembers LT ripping Theismann's leg off with his teeth and then proceeding to celebrate on the field by having sex with some underage virgins.
:jnc

Memory must not have been that vivid. I remember him immedialy calling for help on the field.;) I won't split hairs though...

EDIT: More pre-draft news: The Giants hosted Clemson's Dwight Allen. One of the TE's that have been linked to the team in the past.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Think the Giants will take: Chandler Jones, DE, Syracuse (alternate would be Dont'a Hightower which seems more and more linked to the Giants)
Want the Giants to take: Kevin Zeitler, G Wisconsin or Doug Martin, RB Boise State
Don't want the Giants to take: Cornerback in general (we have enough depth there)

:jnc

Memory must not have been that vivid. I remember him immedialy calling for help on the field.;) I won't split hairs though...

EDIT: More pre-draft news: The Giants hosted Clemson's Dwight Allen. One of the TE's that have been linked to the team in the past.
I am with you on Zeitler as my first choice. Truth be told I'm ok with anything else, I'd love Doug Martin or Hightower.

Nakazato

Ravens will take Shea Mcclellin

Want Ravens to take Kevin Zeitler/ Donta Hightower/ Harrison Smith

DO NOT WANT Stephen Hill / Peter Knoz

Sleeper 4-5 round who will be good. AJ Jenkins WR
also a friend of mine growing up

Top Bottom