• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Let's veer this thread back to football...let's play a game. For the first round on Thursday, write who you think your team will take, who you want your team to take, and who you DON'T want your team to take. Go!

Think Colts will take: A. Luck, QB, Stanford
Want Colts to take: A. Luck, QB, Stanford
Don't want Colts to take: R. Griffin III, QB, Baylor

: P

Other rounds, it doesnt even matter, take best available because after round one when we address the QB position, we need everything else outside of a punter.

Think Eagles will take: Kalil, OL (if they trade up) Cox, DT (if they stay put)
Want Eagles to take: Floyd, WR
Don't want Eagles to take: any QB

snesfreak

Banned
My first full season was in 2001 (yeah, late bloomer), the year the Panthers went 1-15...lol :(
Fucking bandwagon fans!
iLgHOeH9z0SD6.jpg

"Muy bueno!"
Reported.

Bowser

Think Eagles will take: Kalil, OL (if they trade up) Cox, DT (if they stay put)
Want Eagles to take: Floyd, WR
Don't want Eagles to take: any QB

Cox won't be there at 15, I assure you. He's going to either the Rams, Panthers or Seahawks.

Fucking bandwagon fans!

lol luckily I stuck with them and two years later we were in the Super Bowl (only to lose due to John Kasay and the Cheatriots videotaping :()

Fox318

Think Jets will take: MICHAEL FLOYD, WR
Want Jets to take: COURTNEY UPSHAW, OLB, LUKE KUECHLY, MLB, or MARK BARRON, S
Don't want Jets to take: Trade up for TRENT RICHARDSON, RB

Cox won't be there at 15, I assure you. He's going to either the Rams, Panthers or Seahawks.

Yeah he seems to be the guy most mocks have going to them. Their pick this year seems super up in the air, even more then a normal year. I think the gap this year is so small in terms of guys after the top ten that it is going to be really hard to predict where guys will go.

Think Lions will take: Jonathan Martin OL Stanford/Mike Adams OL Ohio State
Want Lions to take: Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama/Steven Gilmore CB South Carolina
Don't want Lions to take: a RB, best available DL

Bowser

Yeah he seems to be the guy most mocks have going to them. Their pick this year seems super up in the air, even more then a normal year. I think the gap this year is so small in terms of guys after the top ten that it is going to be really hard to predict where guys will go.

ESPN's blogger mock had the Eagles trading up to 7 to take Cox. Then they had Kuechly to the Panthers at 9...ugh, worst case scenario for me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Think Lions will take: Jonathan Martin OL Stanford/Mike Adams OL Ohio State
Want Lions to take: Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama/Steven Gilmore CB South Carolina
Don't want Lions to take: a RB, best available DL

If they take a RB at #23 it's a clear sign that they have major doubts about Leshoure and/or Best.

I could easily see them taking Doug Martin at #23.

I'd also love Kirkpatrick at 23 but he'll be gone long, long before. I also think J. Martin is snagged before Detroit picks, but he'd be a good addition to the OL.

Also, not sure why you wouldn't want a DE. Avril doesn't want to be in Detroit and KVB is getting old and can't make it through an entire season.

ESPN's blogger mock had the Eagles trading up to 7 to take Cox. Then they had Kuechly to the Panthers at 9...ugh, worst case scenario for me.

I am so glad the Eagles traded for Ryans, I never liked Kuechly. He will be solid in the NFL but I want them to get someone that can be really good. I wonder how high his upside really is.

yacobod

Banned
Good to get back on track:

If the first round the Bears can go in a lot of directions, but most of the noise in the media has been towards the defense, so I'd have to guess.

1st round: DE to bolster the pass rush: Q. Coples if available, W. Mercilus, Chandler Jones, Upshaw from Bama, or maybe an outside chance at a CB like Stephon Gilmore or Dre Kirkpatrick
2nd round: Best available WR prospect: S. Hill, R. Randle, Sanu, or in a totally different direction maybe Nebraska LB Lavonte David if he falls to the 2nd round.
3rd round: best player available.

Bowser

Johnson and Newton are neck-and-neck as of Monday morning, with Newton holding a small but vulnerable lead. Johnson led by a decent margin last week, but Newton swung the vote on Friday when he released a video telling fans why he should be on the cover.

Now it appears the vote will go down to the wire.

The "SportsNation" announcement show starts at 5 p.m. on Wednesday on ESPN2, with polls closing at 5:45.

That means each player will get a chance to plead his case live on the air. With the vote so close, what those players say on the show could be the difference between winning and losing.

It’s safe to assume both guys are busy preparing their speeches as we speak.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/274/madden-cover-vote-up-for-grabs

If they take a RB at #23 it's a clear sign that they have major doubts about Leshoure and/or Best.

I could easily see them taking Doug Martin at #23.

I'd also love Kirkpatrick at 23 but he'll be gone long, long before. I also think J. Martin is snagged before Detroit picks, but he'd be a good addition to the OL.

Also, not sure why you wouldn't want a DE. Avril doesn't want to be in Detroit and KVB is getting old and can't make it through an entire season.

I would take issue with them drafting a running back high (1st or 2nd round) three years in a row. A lockdown corner or a good O-lineman (GOSDER MUST GO!) would be a better use of that pick.

(Although Martin would give a tremendous boost to that scary offense.)

If they wait on the DL they could get a good DE after the first round. I think Mercilus drops to the early second and I see the Lions trading up to take him.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I would take issue with them drafting a running back high (1st or 2nd round) three years in a row. A lockdown corner or a good O-lineman (GOSDER MUST GO!) would be a better use of that pick.

(Although Martin would give a tremendous boost to that scary offense.)

If they wait on the DL they could get a good DE after the first round. I think Mercilus drops to the early second I see the Lions trading up and taking him.

Cherilus had a really good year last year--not sure where the hate is coming from.

Cherilus had a really good year last year--not sure where the hate is coming from.

Its the stigma of his early career and the Millen era of drafting, really. I think he has played just fine under Schwartz and isn't the real problem. Its Backus, Peterman, and Raiola. Those 3 need to be gone. They are just terrible. Still would like to see Martin (or Cordy Glenn!) make his way to Detroit.

Cherilus has improved over the past few years but he still makes horrendous mistakes. Countless times last year I have seen him completely whiff on blocks in pass protection and leave Stafford open to big hits. I think he would be better served as a backup.

LJ11

I am so glad the Eagles traded for Ryans, I never liked Kuechly. He will be solid in the NFL but I want them to get someone that can be really good. I wonder how high his upside really is.

I'm sure if the Eagles draft him you'll find a way to like him, just like Jagr.

LJ11

Cosell's Mock Draft. Some "interesting" decisions there:

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/04/23/cosell-talks-mock-draft/

Gilmore and Jenkins off the board before Claiborne. Floyd off the board before Blackmon. To the Panthers and Bills no less.

Zeitler to Pittsburgh and Martin to the Giants.

It's really a BPA mock, he has Griffin first, he knows that won't happen.

Edit: I agree with him on Blackmon, he will kill in Gailey's system, not sure he's the best choice for the team, but it'll give Blackmon a chance for quick success. Felt that way for a while.

LJ11 said:
It's really a BPA mock, he has Griffin first, he knows that won't happen.
See my edit:). He outlines his views on the draft nicely in the opening of the article.

Slo said:
Kalil falls to 13 huh?
Again, this is his own BPA draft. Not a projection of what teams will do.

I'm sure if the Eagles draft him you'll find a way to like him, just like Jagr.

LOL, man you being ridiculous now. I like Jagr because the flyers only had to give up money to get him, and only 3.5 mill which was way less then most FAs got last year. They had a young team that need some veteran leadership which Jagr provides. From day one, when everyone was saying the Eagles would draft Kuechly I said I didnt want them to draft him. Not sure why you are so fired up about me.

eznark

Banned
Putting it into a draft format muddles the process unnecessarily. He clearly just wants to talk about players ability and potential as NFL talent, why muck it up with the draft format?

LJ11

See my edit:). He outlines his views on the draft nicely in the opening of the article.

Again, this is his own BPA draft. Not a projection of what teams will do.

Yeah, I like that it's different. Everyone says BPA but it's usually BPA that can also fill a need. I don't see Kalil getting past the Rams, won't get past 10 for sure.

LOL, man you being ridiculous now. I like Jagr because the flyers only had to give up money to get him, and only 3.5 mill which was way less then most FAs got last year. They had a young team that need some veteran leadership which Jagr provides. From day one, when everyone was saying the Eagles would draft Kuechly I said I didnt want them to draft him. Not sure why you are so fired up about me.

haha, I'm just giving you shit because you're initial reaction was NONONO.

Bowser

Gilmore and Jenkins off the board before Claiborne. Floyd off the board before Blackmon. To the Panthers and Bills no less.

(keep in mind that this is what Cosell would do if he were drafting. He's not projecting what teams will do)

Honestly wouldn't be opposed to Floyd. I think he'll end up a better player than Blackmon, and while we did just extend Steve Smith, he's clearly got only 2, MAYBE 3 years left. I wouldn't be opposed to pairing the two up for a truly explosive offense with Floyd eventually taking over the #1 spot from Smith. We'd basically be Patriots South - explosive offense and a ragtag defense. Sure, it'll be hard to stop people, but if we can consistently put up 30+ ppg, you just need the defense to be semi-competent.

Plinko

I wish Gosselin was doing his mock drafts this year :( He was always the closest one.

Plinko

(keep in mind that this is what Cosell would do if he were drafting. He's not projecting what teams will do)

Mike Adams to Detroit?

No. No. No. No. No.

Chris R

Anyone know how quickly single game tickets sell out? Wondering how quick on the trigger I will have to be to get a ticket to a game... Going to be in Texas over the Thanksgiving period so I might as well check out Cowboys Stadium and watch me some of that RG3.

bionic77

Anyone know how quickly single game tickets sell out? Wondering how quick on the trigger I will have to be to get a ticket to a game... Going to be in Texas over the Thanksgiving period so I might as well check out Cowboys Stadium and watch me some of that RG3.
For popular teams all the good seats are already gone. Best bet is probably clicking like crazy the minute it goes up or paying out the ass for StubHub.

Chris R

For popular teams all the good seats are already gone. Best bet is probably clicking like crazy the minute it goes up or paying out the ass for StubHub.

Ok I'll try to get one when they come out, but if not looks like StubHub has some for just around $100, which isn't that bad really.

Honestly wouldn't be opposed to Floyd. I think he'll end up a better player than Blackmon, and while we did just extend Steve Smith, he's clearly got only 2, MAYBE 3 years left. I wouldn't be opposed to pairing the two up for a truly explosive offense with Floyd eventually taking over the #1 spot from Smith. We'd basically be Patriots South - explosive offense and a ragtag defense. Sure, it'll be hard to stop people, but if we can consistently put up 30+ ppg, you just need the defense to be semi-competent.
Going the dream team route, good luck with that.

Bowser

Going the dream team route, good luck with that.

Personally don't see Marty Hurney taking Floyd, but if Cox isn't on the board, can't say I would be opposed to Floyd. After Cox, we'd probably be left with some combo of Coples, Gilmore, Floyd and Kuechly as legit options at 9 (if we can't trade down), and Floyd is as good as any of 'em.

Bowser

LMAO! Is there no end to the cheating of the Saints*?!

NEW ORLEANS -- The U.S. Attorney's Office in the Eastern District of Louisiana was told Friday that New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis had an electronic device in his Superdome suite that had been secretly re-wired to enable him to eavesdrop on visiting coaching staffs for nearly three NFL seasons, "Outside the Lines" has learned.

The sources said when Loomis took his seat during home games, then in the front row of box No. 4 in the 300 level of the Superdome's north side, he was able to plug an earpiece into a jack that was under the desk in front of him. The earpiece was not unlike those used to listen to inexpensive transistor radios, the sources said. With the earpiece in place, Loomis could then toggle back and forth with a switch that he controlled, enabling him to listen to either the game-day communications of the opposing offensive or defensive coaches.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...-loomis-eavesdrop-opposing-coaches-home-games

Top Bottom