• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Canuck76

Banned
4f137577add30.image.jpg

WE DEY!

Can't wait to see all 9ers fans turn on Alex Smith and see your team desecrated by the Seahawks.

Slo

hay guys, I'm looking for an internship/part-time job to gain some more professional experience. I'd like to work in legal, education, or government sectors; really just looking for an opportunity to learn. I need more marketable skills.

The latest avenue I've decided to pursue (after updating my CPR/First-Aid and getting a passport) is to get my unarmed security guard license in Arizona. Any other suggestions? I'm open to just about anything. Hell, I'd learn to weld if I could do it for free.

edit: for example, I'm studying Spanish to qualify myself for bilingual positions.

Are you trying to choose a career or trying to get more merit badges for your sash? I'd pick one field and focus on it if I were you.

Striker

A third while you have that depth? Fucking take it.
I'm still iffy on trading him so quickly.

The depth is good assuming they push Mathias Kiwanuka back to end, and Tuck is able to stay healthy. They lost Tollefson so they're down to Tuck, JPP, and Osi at the DL and they have used Kiwanuka on the line in certain packages. With the addition of Keith Rivers I'm thinking they might slide him back in anyway, to replace Tollefson's role. But either way, Tuck's been battling injuries every season it seems, and Osi is still a great pass-rusher. I'll trust Reese for whatever they decide to do.

Can't wait to see all 9ers fans turn on Alex Smith and see your team desecrated by the Seahawks.

i bet you hope and pray that alex smith isn't the starter for us for very long since he has made you his bitch recently! unfortunately for you harbs wont let it happen so enjoy being dominated as usual!

LJ11

Thanks. It would be a good situation for him. Gailey would be an ideal choice to develop him. Do you think Fitz would stay and allow Tannehill to sit behind him a season?

I don't think Fitz will get that upset, I dont see Tannehill starting for a couple of seasons.

They could use other players, but will they be bad enough next year to get into the top ten? Or the year after. If he's there they have to pull the trigger, I'm pretty sure they'd take him. I think it would be a terrible move not to.

So, here's a cool article (kinda short, more like a blog post?) by former Packers salary cap guy Andrew Brandt:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7840048/nfl-draft-war-room
Getting Aaron Rodgers

In 2005, all of the defensive players we targeted -- including DeMarcus Ware and Marcus Spears, both picked by Dallas -- were off the board, leaving us staring at Aaron Rodgers, the only player left with a first-round grade. Although we had the most durable quarterback in football, Brett Favre, we decided to "trust the board."

I called Rodgers' agent, Mike Sullivan. I've been an agent, and I felt for Mike. They sat in that green room for six hours watching all the other players be selected, left alone as the catering staff cleared tables around them. I had to keep them on hold another excruciating 10 minutes to see whether the phone rang with a trade offer for the pick (it didn't). I think about how things would be different had Ware or Spears been available or if we had received an offer for that pick.
...and on. Great read for Packers-GAF, and probably interesting to some of you other people as well.

Just caught up on the new Saints stuff (there is nothing else, right?) over the whole Loomis and tapped locker room thing. What a fucking joke. That organization needs to be blown to hell. No wonder they played so well at home. And you can't count out whether or not they paid the refs either. Can't wait for that story to surface. I hope nothing but bad things happen to that organization from now on.

This is all karma for the "DREWWWWWW BREEEEEEEEEESSSSS" PA stuff when he broke the record!

Wait. The fuck?

I thought you asked for(and were granted) a permaban?

The fuck? is right, you must have me mistaken for someone else...

Wait, Pigeon asked to be permabanned? Why the fuck did he do that? Son of bitch likes me to be the only CardGAF poster every season :| Actually, there's new blood now with Lazer.

RBH

The Atlanta Falcons are the latest team to jump into the Asante Samuel sweepstakes and have been negotiating with the Eagles in a trade for the cornerback, a source close to the situation confirmed Tuesday.

FoxSports.com first reported the Falcons-Eagles talks.

The hangup with getting a deal done again isn't over compensation. The Eagles were in discussions with Denver last week, but the 31-year-old Samuel balked at the Broncos' request to restructure his contract.

Samuel has agreed to rework his deal, sources have said, but apparently he's looking to keep most of the approximately $10 million he's slated to earn next season. The Falcons, like the Broncos, are probably offering a late-round draft pick.

The Eagles were originally believed to be in search of a third or fourth round pick for the four-time Pro Bowl corner, but they're willing to take less in return, NFL sources have said. They want to get a deal done before the draft starts on Thursday. They may have to wait until then, however.

The Eagles appear committed to moving on without Samuel, who they acquired as a free agent four years ago. He's been on the trade block since last August after the Eagles signed Nnamdi Asomugha and traded for Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

They could simply release Samuel -- a scenario he would not prefer, nor would the Eagles, who would take a $2 million salary cap hit. But the Eagles are obviously trying to get anything in return for one of the NFL's top interception men over the last decade.

The Falcons have two solid starting cornerbacks in Brent Grimes, who signed his franchise tag today, and Dunta Robinson, but teams can never have too many cornerbacks in today's pass-happy NFL.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Falcons_in_talks_for_Samuel.html

OddSpoon

Banned
Between the Saints and NFL Draft talk, I can't even turn on ESPN or follow this thread.

It's that terrible. So much repetitive bullshit, "what my team needs blah blah".. Christ.

OddSpoon said:
Between the Saints and NFL Draft talk, I can't even turn on ESPN or follow this thread.

It's that terrible. So much repetitive bullshit, "what my team needs blah blah".. Christ.
Welcome to the offseason.

This is the offseason.

At least it's football talk. Or would you prefer last week when we had intelligent discourse about PonyFuckers, Game of Thrones, and WiiU?

OddSpoon

Banned
Who am I kidding, I love me some :jnc & NFL age.

But some old guy pointing with his shrived up index finger on this NFL espn show saying "This. Is. America. And EVERYONE desvers a second chance." just boils underneath my skin.

Top Bottom