• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Jets should bring Collins in to see if he still can play.

J5vx1l.jpg

More Osi commentary. If he gets traded, he won't ask for a contract redo. He's just happy to be a starter again:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ade-for-me-you-wont-have-to-redo-my-contract/

Umenyiora, who has fought with the Giants about renegotiating his contract for most of the last few years, told Rock that a team trading for him wouldn’t need to redo his contract. Umenyiora has complained about his backup status with the Giants and could feel like a starting role on another team would best set him up to hit free agency next year. This would be the optimal time for the Giants to trade Umenyiora, something he clearly knows, and making his willingness to play under his current deal — a reasonable $3.975 million for this season — is a good way to generate some interest.

Third rounder here we come!

LOL.

Jay Glazer ‏ @JayGlazer

NFL teams were informed this week of 2 more players of note who have flunked drug tests: ASU LB Vontaze Burfict and Va Tech CB JayRon Hosley

Vontaze must be trolling everyone by now.

Well we don't really have any other prospects anyway, we need some depth as well. If Wood does move back there I'll probably cry.

What are our other options Packers GAF ? :(

Anyone left in FA for the Pack to go after? Considering the division, I think pass defense is probably going to be rather important.

brentech

Man, that sucks.

Hope the best for Collins. You really don't want to be the team that allowed a guy to play coming off of that and then have him get injured though.

Just sucks to lose him.

Suh knows all about getting his swerve on. Don't ask him about it though, he gets pissed, denies any blame and accuses others.

Next you're going to tell me he didn't slip and step on that Packers player, but actually did it on purpose. You people need to stop slandering the good name of Suh. He is an angel on and off the field!

Ted Thompson said:
“From the beginning of this process, we have taken our time and sought numerous medical opinions while maintaining consistent dialogue with Nick. In the end, we were not comfortable clearing him to play again. As with all of our players, Nick is a member of our family and we thought of him that way as we came to this conclusion.

“Nick is a part of our core, and this is a very difficult day for all Packers. Making this kind of decision is never easy, especially when it involves someone like Nick Collins. He has meant so much to the community, his teammates and the organization. He is a good man and will always be part of the Packers family.”

:(

Yeremiah Bell is still available I believe.

Still trying to wrap my head around cutting him. Wasn't getting paid THAT much and it's not like he had an off year, just no FFs. He'll be great wherever he goes. More adversity you throw at him the better he gets type of guy, can't think of any other players who have come back from a torn ACL and end up with 50 more tackles than they had their last healthy season.

snesfreak

Banned
Damn computer freaked me out.
Wouldn't come out of sleep mode, was just a blank screen.
Powered it off, and tried to restart it.
Same thing.
I flipped the switch on the PS and it finally worked, but it was apparently in hibernate for some reason.
Stupid computer.
Naturally I'm the final boss right?
:jnc
It's probably Belicheat or something.

eznark

Banned
Feel terrible for Collins. It sounds like there's a good possibility he'll never play again which is damned sad to hear.:(

His own agent said that were Nick his son, he would not let him play.

At least he can walk and is by all accounts an intelligent guy, so he hopefully has financial means to transition to a new career...as Packers secondary coach.

bionic77

Packers defense looking iffy. Maybe we can can get a rematch in the SB that is a replay of the 2009 game where they both put up like 900 yards of offense and both coaches tried to our stupid the other.

I have a feeling that both defenses are up to the task, but I wonder if either of us will get there.

Speaking of Collins that sucks. Wonder if someone else will give him a shot?

bionic77

His own agent said that were Nick his son, he would not let him play.

At least he can walk and is by all accounts an intelligent guy, so he hopefully has financial means to transition to a new career...as Packers secondary coach.
That would be a class move if they gave him a job in the organization. But there is always some quack doctor and some shady team that will give them another shot.

Top Bottom