• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Can't say I agree.
Look at all of that tackling! (to be fair the Falcons secondary was just outraced) I could post myriad of footage of Eagles corners letting running backs have their way with them as well if you'd like. Of course the Eagles have fuck all for linebackers which doesn't help either but why lessen the amount of impact a good tackling DB can have on the second level of your defense? Covering the deep ball is fine but what does it matter if they can't stop a 15 yard gain from turning into a TD?

That's the point I was making!

bluemax

Banned
Mel Kiper's Mock 25th April:

1. IND - Andrew Luck QB
2. WAS - Robert Griffin QB
3. MIN - Morris Claiborne CB
4. CLE - Trent Richardson RB
5. TB - Matt Kalil OT
6. STL - Justin Blackmon WR
7. PHI (trade) - Fletcher Cox DT
8. MIA - Ryan Tannehill QB
9. CAR - Luke Kuechly LB
10. BUF - Michael Floyd WR
11. KC - David DeCastro G
12. SEA - Chandler Jones DE
13. ARZ - Melvin Ingram DE
14. DAL - Mark Barron S
15. JAX - Stephon Gilmore CB
16. NYJ - Quinton Coples DE
17. CIN - Cordy Glenn G
18. SD - Riley Reiff OT
19. CHI - Whitney Mercilus DE
20. TEN - Dre Kirkpatrick CB
21. CIN - Stephen Hill WR
22. CLE - Brandon Weeden QB
23. DET - Doug Martin RB
24. PIT - Dontari Poe NT
25. DEN - Michael Brockers DT
26. HOU - Coby Fleener TE
27. NE - Courtney Upshaw DEOLB
28. GB - Shea McClellin DEOLB
29. BAL - Dont'a Hightower ILB
30. SF - Kevin Zeitler
31. NE - Harrison Smith S
32. NYG - Bobby Massie OT

Chandler Jones? Buh?

storybook77 said:
I'd rather listen to Mayock than Kiper so NFL Network for me.

storybook77 said:
That's the point I was making!
I wasn't disagreeing with YOU entirely. I think the Asante pick up is a good one for the Falcons considering what you have at corner (I'm not a Dunta fan /at all/).

bionic77

Packers just beat out the Pats for worst total defense by 8 yards!
The point being that when you have the worst defense in the league you can't talk shit.

Also, when you can't win a fucking playoff game at home your team probably isn't as good as you think it is. Even Tebow won at home!

Talon

But he can still play right? I don't understand. Give him a slap on the wrists and get him on the field. They have other needs.
This is at least his second violation of the NFL's drug policy, so he's definitely facing a suspension.

And I have a better chance of waking up tomorrow as a canadian national than Jahvid Best has a chance of staying healthy.

Canuck76

Banned
This is at least his second violation of the NFL's drug policy, so he's definitely facing a suspension.

And I have a better chance of waking up tomorrow as a canadian national than Jahvid Best has a chance of staying healthy.

How long's the suspension?

Also Seahawks are taking Ingram or Couples if need be. Screw that kid from syracuse

squicken

I have no problem with the Rams going defense, but they really need to make sure they have Clemens and Brandstater up to speed on the offense. No line and no WRs will chew up QBs

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Kiper thinking the Lions will take a reach @ RB in the first round = laughable. First 3 rounds will be DE, LB, OT in come combination. Book it.

Wrong.

IF Leshoure and/or Best still have injury concerns, Kevin Smith is our only other RB and HE has injury concerns.

I'd absolutely LOVE Doug Martin.

Besides, take a look at that list and tell me the 1st-round talent that is left available at 4-3 DE or OT. At that point, if all the wanted positions are gone, you take BPA. Mayock has us taking Upshaw, which I'd be ok with, but I think that's a little high for him.

Bowser

That was a draft moderated by Mayock. He hasn't released his mock yet. Those were dopes like Michael Irvin and Marshall Faulk making picks.

No, that is his mock. In the one with the dopes, that dumbass Charles Davis had the Panthers taking Trent Richardson. Even though we have DeAngelo Williams. And Jonathan Stewart. And just signed Mike Tolbert. No, that's not enough RBs according to Davis! "All those guys have miles on the odometer! This is a brand new guy!" he says!

Idiot.

yacobod

Banned
Ah didn't see he finally posted his.

Got the Bears taking Chandler Jones at 19, I'm okay with that. I'd be good with any DE between Coples, Chandler, or Mercilus. If Stephon Gilmore drops to 19, I'd take him though.

Talon

Falcons secondary blew it, two guys over pursued and gave Nicks that opening. I remember laughing my ass off at how badly I overrated their secondary (and offense for that matter).
Good old Cover 3 with Dunta and Owens bailing out right off the snap. Digs have been owning us on third down for years.

Fuck you, Turkeyneck! Enjoy Scam's backyard.

Wes

venison crêpe
Hey guys, need to ask, is the NFL Network the ONLY option for watching the draft live?

Alternative is ESPN but NFL Network is generally better in my opinion. Eisen is the better host, Mayock has better insight. Plus it sounds like Eisen will try to stop the picks leaking through their show before the pick is announced as much as possible.

Talon

Hey guys, need to ask, is the NFL Network the ONLY option for watching the draft live?
Would you prefer to hear:
Chris Berman's stupid catchphrases
John Gruden fellating every player
Mel Kiper/Todd McShay claiming a team nabbed a "steal" after an unexpected player is available late in the first round because team FOs that actually do this for a living evaluated the player differently than these moron analysts

yacobod

Banned
The thing I'm most excited about the draft is that Jerry Angelo isn't making picks for the Bears. First time in a while that the organization can sell optimism heading into the draft. I'm confident Emery can draft impact players who can contribute.

His press conference the other day was very insightful into how he scouts players and assesses the draft.

squicken

Alright bros what is the best Cloud storage at this point? Google drive? Dropbox? Ubuntu 1?

Obviously iCloud for iOS stuff but we're talking cross platform here

Bowser

Alright bros what is the best Cloud storage at this point? Google drive? Dropbox? Ubuntu 1?

iCloud

:jnc I don't know honestly. I signed up for Box.com when they were offering 50GB of storage for life for free ($20/month normally) for signing up a few months back, but I don't use it all that often. Considering I'm an Apple slave (MacBook Air/iPhone/iPad combo ftw), I don't really need something other than iCloud.

Talon

I've been using Dropbox for years now, and it's just what I need. Keeps my work files synced up across all my devices without having to think about it.

bionic77

I have been using Dropbox without complaint, but I can't give an honest opinion comparing it to different services.

I basically just use iCloud to backup important shit on my phone, I don't consider it be a serious option for storage unless the only thing you use is an iPad.

squicken

I've been using Dropbox for awhile but in our Neal Stephenson future I've sort of aligned with Amazon and/or Google. Seems like my cloud choice will help me with the heirarchy

tmdorsey

Like the Asante pickup. We immediately got better at defending passing downs. Now we can just get some kind of pass rush the defense might be ok.

God I hope they don't pull that bullshit where the camera pans to the pick before it's announced this year. Hopefully there was enough public complaints for it to reach their ears.

It's been banned according to reports from ESPN. NFLN will likely honor the same.

Thank god!

Sad to hear about Collins, a great loss to the Packers. I'd say I hope he finds work with another team but if his body can't handle playing, not worth it.

Asante not a bad pick up for the Falcons. Curious to see how DRC will do this season without contention for starting.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/janoris-jenkins-off-a-number-of-draft-boards/

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Wednesday that “a number of teams” have removed North Alabama cornerback Janoris Jenkins from their draft boards, and Jenkins is “not expected” to be a first-round pick.

The news comes as far less than a surprise. While Jenkins is a premier talent, off-the-field issues have plagued him several years running, and ultimately teams have deemed him unworthy of the potential headache.

The first three corners expected to be drafted on Thursday are LSU’s Morris Claiborne, South Carolina’s Stephon Gilmore, and Alabama’s Dre Kirkpatrick. Jenkins now seems to be vying with Georgia’s Brandon Boykin, Vanderbilt’s Casey Hayward, Montana’s Trumaine Johnson, Virginia Tech’s Jayron Hosley, and UCF’s Josh Robinson to be No. 4.

Curious to see how much his stock does drop. I have a hard time believing that teams have completely removed him off of their board with the level of talent he brings to the table.

Top Bottom