• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Junie12

sry megatron :(

rumor has it miami will take bruce irving de from WV @8... I think hes a 3 round pass rush speclist.

Really? Last rumor I heard was that if Ryan Tannehill falls to the Phins they will draft him. Then again the rumor was started by the Jags GM McDonough and he wants to trade down.

So it could all be a smokescreen.

Nakazato

Really? Last rumor I heard was that if Ryan Tannehill falls to the Phins they will draft him. Then again the rumor was started by the Jags GM McDonough and he wants to trade down.

So it could all be a smokescreen.

might be a smoke screen hmmmmm i like irving but not at 8 over all and not as a rush DE. I think chanler jones should be the phins pick

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Rotoworld speculating that Mayock sending Blackmon to the Browns in his mock is more likely to do with a tip rather than his own opinion as he's been saying the Browns should pick Richardson for a few months.

Preparing my body for Blackmon or Richardson now.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
RIP Megatron.

Edit:
ArW9Ac7CIAAIOLL.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm not too worried. Mayhew seems pretty competent at drafting good players (Suh, Stafford, Pettigrew, etc.). Can't wait for the future All-Pro that the Lions draft tomorrow.

Bullshit. I demand a recount!

What is interesting to me is that 7 of the last 10 players drafted at #23 have made the Pro Bowl.

effzee

Eh, I'm not too broken up about this Asante trade. He's 31-years-old now, wanted to get paid more than he's worth and didn't fit what we're doing anymore. Simple. And with McRib/Westy (okay, not Dawk) and numerous other vets, we usually can tell when players are a bit past it. I trust their judgment on this, at least.

Yes, I'm sure the FO regrets not dealing Samuel last season, but I suppose it was worth a shot to see if it'd work out. It didn't, and now we moved on.

Of course, the compensation sucks, but that was clearly the market for him at this point. We'll use that money to extend Shady, draft someone more suited to defend in the slot, and hopefully some of the Eagle-mopers climb off the ledge.

And I look forward to Falcons-Age's reaction when Asante gets badly burned in coverage or just generally fails to tackle altogether.

Now, goddamn I wish it were Thursday night. I need this draft already!
LLShC.gif

It never a question of if they had to move it. Last season, and the year with Lito/Sheldon/Asante proved it wouldn't work. And I look forward to hopefully Nnamdi regaining his dominant form and DRC playing like he did at the end of the season when he started.

It is about the shitty compensation. I mean a 7th round pick for Asante Samuel? WTF are you kidding me? If his value somehow dropped that much than why wouldn't the Falcons just use a higher draft pick for a better prospect.

Asante had a less than expected season but so did the other two big name CBs and basically the whole team. And all of a sudden he is a 7th round pick?

Again don't mind that they moved him but they couldn't get anything better?

They really should have moved him last season for a 2nd rounder. Maybe if they pulled the trigger on that move and instead focused on drafting better LBs they could have at the least lived up to some of the hype and made the playoffs.

I knew the move was coming and I'm not a die-hard Asante fan so I'm not torn on him leaving just what we are getting in return. I don't trust the Eagles to draft well early so a 7th round pick is about as close to drafting a bust as possible.

People keep mentioning Samuel's age, but he's just six months older than Nnamdi, who got a big deal from the birds last year.

Yup. And once again fans all of a sudden care and think too much like GMs planning out a teams 5-10 year down the road plan. Who cares what his age is? The goal is to win it all this season so Asante better not have been moved because he is too old. This is a money and freeing up DRC and Nnamdi move.

Bowser

lol at the haters...Cam really, REALLY wanted to be on the cover. If anything, he would have tried to stuff the ballot for himself if he could. I think he was shocked he DIDN'T win.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
lol at the haters...Cam really, REALLY wanted to be on the cover. If anything, he would have tried to stuff the ballot for himself if he could. I think he was shocked he DIDN'T win.

After he stole all those laptops to vote with, he should be shocked. But not really shocked, because you can only vote once per ip address.

Brinbe

It never a question of if they had to move it. Last season, and the year with Lito/Sheldon/Asante proved it wouldn't work. And I look forward to hopefully Nnamdi regaining his dominant form and DRC playing like he did at the end of the season when he started.

It is about the shitty compensation. I mean a 7th round pick for Asante Samuel? WTF are you kidding me? If his value somehow dropped that much than why wouldn't the Falcons just use a higher draft pick for a better prospect.

Asante had a less than expected season but so did the other two big name CBs and basically the whole team. And all of a sudden he is a 7th round pick?

Again don't mind that they moved him but they couldn't get anything better?

They really should have moved him last season for a 2nd rounder. Maybe if they pulled the trigger on that move and instead focused on drafting better LBs they could have at the least lived up to some of the hype and made the playoffs.

I knew the move was coming and I'm not a die-hard Asante fan so I'm not torn on him leaving just what we are getting in return. I don't trust the Eagles to draft well early so a 7th round pick is about as close to drafting a bust as possible.

Yup. And once again fans all of a sudden care and think too much like GMs planning out a teams 5-10 year down the road plan. Who cares what his age is? The goal is to win it all this season so Asante better not have been moved because he is too old. This is a money and freeing up DRC and Nnamdi move.

Oh, I definitely agree. They should have dealt last off-season, I already made that clear. And I'm sure Roseman and Co. feel the same now. But I think his contract was what scared teams off. He wanted an extension and he got it from the Falcons. If there were other teams out there that really wanted him, we'd have gotten something more. It was either this, play him sparingly as a backup (and that's not an efficient use of cap-space) or cut him altogether. Better than nothing, just need to get over it and hope youngsters such as Marsh/Lindley (or whomever we draft) step up.

And really, if there's any team that usually pulls off rips when it comes to trades, it's us... so, I'm pretty confident that they exhausted all avenues and this was it.

I love how CJ said in an interview he actually doesn't play Madden, he is a FIFA guy. Whereas Cam was begging people to vote for him and declared his love for the franchise.

Salt to the wound.

Bowser

Over 20 million votes and Megatron edged out SuperCam 52%-48%. Close vote...wonder how many votes were actually intended for the recipient...

I'm conflicted with Miami. I think Tannehill will be a bust, and chances are he won't play in his first season. Miami was ranked 25th in opp passing yards, yet 3rd in opp rushing yards, so I think we need to beef up our defense, and hopefully Philbin can Sherman can coach Moore to awesomeness status.

snesfreak

Banned
Shame that Cam did all that campaigning for naught.
Still, glad to see that Jerry's check cleared in time. Jerry is doing this for your own good, Cam!
The curse will live on!
Scam was the true winner, this shit was rigged!
Scam will be found with a truck full of stolen laptops and suspended for the entire season.

Gaborn

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/trent-richardson-is-no-1-player-on-jets-draft-board/

I want pass rush damn it.

Here's a guess: The Jets intend to trade Mark Sanchez and others to move up to get Richardson. That's the ONLY way that would make sense if it was to happen. I guess Cleveland would do for Sanchez and a couple of draft picks (a 2 and a lower round maybe?)

For the Lions though I really hope a good CB like Gilmore drops. Do NOT want Janoris Jenkins.

Fox318

Here's a guess: The Jets intend to trade Mark Sanchez and others to move up to get Richardson. That's the ONLY way that would make sense if it was to happen. I guess Cleveland would do for Sanchez and a couple of draft picks (a 2 and a lower round maybe?)

For the Lions though I really hope a good CB like Gilmore drops. Do NOT want Janoris Jenkins.

They wouldn't dare. Outside of the Floridians and Religious-Rightys the fanbase would flip the fuck out.

Bowser

Local sources saying the Panthers' pick will be defense...unless Blackmon is available at 9. Won't be USC CB Stephen Gilmore, as Panthers don't view him as a top 10 talent.

Gaborn

But the Jets just gave Mark Sanchez that extension/bonus, and Cleveland has already committed to McCoy for the year.

I know, but I don't think they thought they were going for Tebow. I don't think Tebow is GOOD but I think he's the guy they want for their offense (a mistake, but then, it is the Jets).

I would have to imagine Janoris is off the Lions' board, in light of all their marijuana related arrests.

You know, I would think so too... but Mayhew has never really been afraid of taking a few risks for talent (see Nick Fairley for example). The sad part is I'll be THRILLED if we do get him all the while hoping he pans out rather than flaming out. Would much rather a low risk guy.

They wouldn't dare. Outside of the Floridians and Religious-Rightys the fanbase would flip the fuck out.

The Jets fan base flips out anyway. It's traditional with them. I'm not saying it's a GOOD idea, but I expect the offer to be made accepted or not.

Fox318

I know, but I don't think they thought they were going for Tebow. I don't think Tebow is GOOD but I think he's the guy they want for their offense (a mistake, but then, it is the Jets).

You know, I would think so too... but Mayhew has never really been afraid of taking a few risks for talent (see Nick Fairley for example). The sad part is I'll be THRILLED if we do get him all the while hoping he pans out rather than flaming out. Would much rather a low risk guy.

The Jets fan base flips out anyway. It's traditional with them. I'm not saying it's a GOOD idea, but I expect the offer to be made accepted or not.

It would be fate. Remember this

Fmgbn.gif

Look at the Jersey Number

Fox318

Exactly. It would be "perfect" in a way. I think Tebow will flame out in that scenario... BUT it would bring MAXIMUM drama and you know Rex loves that

Rex doesn't love drama, he just hates ints.

And Tebow won't throw any fucking pick-6's.

Maybe the Browns will just take our 1'st and Wayne Hunter?

Top Bottom