• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

tc farks

If it had been Stafford with the knee tweak in the NFC Championship game nothing in the world would have kept him from playing.

Stafford may be a fat tub of bro-ness but at least he has some heart and courage.

Take this meatball shit elsewhere.

Everything that has been said anywhere ever about Cutler is almost always wrong. It's truly amazing. And I can't think of another player with more undeserved detractors.

A QB in Chicago with no OL and no WR's for his entire tenure cannot be criticized harshly. Including an injury no one knows the exact extent of. Only thing I've heard is he couldn't even plant on the thing to throw, had nothing to do with toughness or grit or heart or any other stupid intangible a meatball will spout off with.

eznark

Banned

Everything that has been said anywhere ever about Cutler is almost always wrong. It's truly amazing. And I can't think of another player with more undeserved detractors.

A QB in Chicago with no OL and no WR's for his entire tenure cannot be criticized harshly. Including an injury no one knows the exact extent of. Only thing I've heard is he couldn't even plant on the thing to throw, had nothing to do with toughness or grit or heart or any other stupid intangible a meatball will spout off with.

w3voF.jpg

Jay Cutler is and always will be a gutless, heartless, whiny, pouty coward.

tc farks

If crying like a bitch means laying the wood to Kristin Cavallari then you might be right for once. If not, you're still swinging and missing.

eznark

Banned
If crying like a bitch means laying the wood to Kristin Cavallari then you might be right for once. If not, you're still swinging and missing.

:jnc

No, it means pulling himself out of the most important football game of his life because he got an ouchie. Then standing on the sidelines acting like he would rather be anywhere else.

Settling for an MTV reality tv star just makes his tragic existence all the more sad. She's hot though. Good for him.

WedgeX

Banned
Will. Never. Happen.

I mean, I know Detroit threw almost their entire draft at Arizona last year to try and get Peterson, but I think it will just take way too much to move up. Detroit isn't one player away. There are significant holes in that secondary and the offensive line is mediocre AND old.

Also, Schefter also just announced they want to trade down :jnc.

I love pre-draft smokescreens.

Speculation + anticipation always makes me get into worst case scenario thinking. My optimism is temporarily dead. All I foresee is Millen taking over for an incapacitated Mayhew, trading all picks in three different moves to end back up at 23, Megatron getting run over by Wayne Fontes while grocery shopping, Suh getting angry over Fairley's getting caught with marijuana and breaking his face, and Barry Sanders falling off the stage in the second round and breaking his hip. 8pm needs to hurry.

If it had been Stafford with the knee tweak in the NFC Championship game nothing in the world would have kept him from playing.

Stafford may be a fat tub of bro-ness but at least he has some heart and courage.

StaffordRunsBack.jpg

This play was just so good after both a decade and season of crap.

tc farks

:jnc

No, it means pulling himself out of the most important football game of his life because he got an ouchie.

Settling for an MTV reality tv star just makes his tragic existence all the more sad. She's hot though. Good for him.

I gotta run unfortunately. So I will say this for now, if he truly pulled himself out, and it wasn't absolutely necessary, why does everyone on the Bears love the guy and say they're behind him 100%. What's more meatball than a roster of NFL football players, and yet they don't have a single negative thing to say about him.

Without sarcasm, answer that one.

I'll help. The dude just couldn't fucking play, no matter how badly he wanted to. And everyone on the team knew it.

Levyne

Banned
I gotta run unfortunately. So I will say this for now, if he truly pulled himself out, and it wasn't absolutely necessary, why does everyone on the Bears love the guy and say they're behind him 100%. What's more meatball than a roster of NFL football players, and yet they don't have a single negative thing to say about him.

I'll help. The dude just couldn't fucking play, no matter how badly he wanted to. And everyone on the team knew it.

Good luck with that

eznark

Banned

Hey, sweet! Since teammates are the arbiters of truth, Ryan Braun is innocent.

Thanks!

effzee

I hope the Eagles dont have to give up to much to move up if that is what happens. I think we should have a draft thread back in the OT. Wasnt the deal when we got banished that threads could be made in the OT for big events. I bet there are people that like to talk about the draft but dont post during the rest of the off season.

Like who cares man? Move up and get the best player possible. Who cares about draft picks?

They just traded Asante for a 7th. LOL.

He's being drastically overrated value wise, IMO and he's who I felt the Giants were targeting. I've watched Syracuse games and while the team was shit and he didn't have a lot around him, the pedigree of his name is seemingly pushing him up the boards more than the production on the field. His measurables are good but teams may be suffering from "maybe he's JPP 2.0" syndrome.

Mayock was on NFLN saying "I think he'll be the best defensive player to come out of this draft".....really? I just don't know where the fire has suddenly been lit for the guy. A ridiculous statement for a DE that Mayock didn't even have in his Top 5 two weeks ago!

If Cox is gone and the Eagles remain at 15 they will pick him.

Need to add Skinnyrattler (sp?) to the Eagles list!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You state this as if the Vikes can just make a team trade up for their pick. By all accounts, they're trying like HELL to trade down, but no one wants to trade up. So what, they're not supposed to take the guy they like and believe in because it might be a few picks too high according to "draft gurus" and fans?

I agree with you, the odds are no one is going to trade up that high.

But Clairborne isn't the type of talent, like say a Charles Woodson, to be worth the #3 pick, especially when you have Kalil on the board.

Since the Vikings are in NFC North I'm praying they're stupid enough to take MC with the 3rd pick. You'd think when they have to play Suh and Avril twice a year they'd try to shore up the OL.

Canuck76

Banned

He sucked in Denver too. It's amazing to think that people compared him to Philip Rivers.

Also put me on the seahawks board

HOW DO I REACH THESE KEEDS?

bluemax

Banned
I was referring more to the analysis of tonight's suit analysis.

I wonder who's going with the white suit and who's gonna go full blown Clyde Frazier pimp-game.

For the record, I don't mind the Seahawk white unis at all, or the blue jersey over white pants. The blue over blue is too much.

They dumped the blue on blue.

Bowser

I agree with you, the odds are no one is going to trade up that high.

But Clairborne isn't the type of talent, like say a Charles Woodson, to be worth the #3 pick, especially when you have Kalil on the board.

Since the Vikings are in NFC North I'm praying they're stupid enough to take MC with the 3rd pick. You'd think when they have to play Suh and Avril twice a year they'd try to shore up the OL.

You might be in luck:

Citing a source with knowledge of the situation, NFL Network’s Steve Wyche reports that LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne is the No. 1 player on the Vikings’ draft board, and they are “leaning toward” drafting Claiborne with the No. 3 overall pick.

Per Wyche, the Vikings also “like [Claiborne] more” than USC tackle Matt Kalil.

The Insane Dufresne said:
Lol. Enjoy that.

He played a few good years with Detroit and then disappeared (see: got fatter). He'll be cut in the preseason.
Paying vet minimum...who cares? Bring him and let him compete for depth.

Bowser

I got a crazy idea...Jags really want Blackmon right...so maybe the top 10 goes like this:

IND - Luck
WAS - RG3
MIN - Claiborne
CLE - Richardson
*TRADE* JAC - Blackmon (give up a 3rd rd pick?)
STL - Kalil
TB - Kuechly (?)
MIA - Tannehill
CAR - Coples
BUF - Barron

LJ11

It's amazing how the Bills have convinced people that they're taking Barron, a position they have depth at.

Tony Pauline said:
Hearing both the Chargers and Cowboys talking to Buffalo. Trade up to 10 for Mark Barron.

Bowser

It's amazing how the Bills have convinced people that they're taking Barron, a position they have depth at.

I honestly have no idea who the Bills would take, which is why I've slotted Barron in at 10 because I do think he's gonna end up going in the top 10, probably at 9 or 10 with the Panthers/Bills trading back to the 14-18 range. The mocks I've seen show either Kuechly (not available in my top 10 stab), Barron or Floyd (I don't think Floyd's a true option though).

LJ11

I honestly have no idea who the Bills would take, which is why I've slotted Barron in at 10 because I do think he's gonna end up going in the top 10, probably at 9 or 10 with the Panthers/Bills trading back to the 14-18 range.

You're not the only one, but I refuse to believe that they'd do it. I think their FO is playing the board, they know teams have Barron high and are looking to get out of that pick. They have two offensive tackles.

How in the fuck do you go into a season with zero tackles for depth. They're not only taking one early they're taking another later. My best guess anyway.

The fanbase seems to be positive on taking Barron, a guy who I believe is a poor/average middle and deep half player. Hard not to like a guy when you turn on youtube and he's destroying everything short and intermediate and killing running backs since he's sitting in a gap clean.

Nightz

I wouldn't mind Barron on the Chargers, but I don't want them to jump up to 10 to get him. I'd be ok with going to 13 past the Cowboys, but that's it. I think getting the tenth pick would cost too much, especially with our other needs. I'd rather have them trade down in the first to get a pass rusher, then use whatever pick they get to trade up in the second to get Harrison Smith.

Fox318

Like who cares man? Move up and get the best player possible. Who cares about draft picks?

They just traded Asante for a 7th. LOL.

If Cox is gone and the Eagles remain at 15 they will pick him.

Need to add Skinnyrattler (sp?) to the Eagles list!

Jh3PS.png

This is the most updated one.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

I've lost count of how many great players I've seen play in a big game despite having or getting an injury that should have kept them out. Cutler and LaDanian just aren't that sort of player.

Top Bottom