• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Levyne

Banned
I'm gonna flip between the two channels.

NFLN feels like they get better access and interviews with front office people and picks. Plus, Primetime is awesome.

I'll check ESPN out for Mel, I actually like him. I think it's because I've been watching the draft for so many years that he's linked forever in my psyche to it.

The only things I hate about ESPN coverage is Kiper with-in the first 30 minutes loses his hard-on for this year's draft and already starts contemplating on the next draft class

You go HOLY FUCK Dude, you can do this shit later, he goes so hard at BOOM "Next year draft class is Better than this one.. Blah Blah Blah! Alabama.. Blah Blah Blah Ohio State... Blah Blah Blah LSU National Champions Again"

Nice pair of posts, I love opinions

Hoping the Bucs real draft goes better than the mock. But if the Browns do pick Morris Claiborne instead of getting some kind of playmaker for their offense I will still have fun LOLing at their pathetic franchise.

tc farks

The proof is the two of them walking off the field under their own power in a playoff game that they didn't want to continue playing in. The projection is perhaps you walking with a limp after skinning your knee as a child.

Walking off means nothing. Some of the worst structural damage can occur and you can walk around for quite a while. But not being able to cut and plant and put real force on it makes you worthless. And you just hurt your team to prove to a bunch of nobodies that you're "tough"

Doorman

Looking over that list of fandom, I'm...a little surprised by how small the representation for the Titans is? For some reason it just struck me oddly.

But anyway, DRAFT! My body is ready. Still, all I really have to say for now is this: I'll be upset if the Lions do trade up any more than 5-6 spots, like these rumors I've been hearing today purport. Moving up to 7 or 10? Ridiculous, way too much to give up for a team that could still use a large infusion of fresh competition at a lot of positions. Gimme picks and trust in your scouting department and coaching staff to do their jobs right.

Godslay

Banned
Made it out of my "brainstorming" meeting with my boss today. Surprisingly, it was relatively painless which hasn't always been the case.

/blog

Catching up after last night, I see that Kluwe made an appearance shortly after I went to bed. Pretty damn cool that GAF has an NFL player, hopefully his star doesn't burn to bright and end up permed.

At this point I honestly have no clue what Denver is going to do. I thought DT was a lock at one point, but it doesn't look that way now. Alfred Williams is dead set on Lamar Miller, which I'm not sure of. I'm guessing that it will be a RB, unless they trade down.

OddSpoon

Banned
Hoping the Bucs real draft goes better than the mock. But if the Browns do pick Morris Claiborne instead of getting some kind of playmaker for their offense I will still have fun LOLing at their pathetic franchise.

You act like drafting a running back will cure all problems for the Browns. That did well with Hillis a few seasons back.

Haven't gotten to post in this thread in a long time.

Excited for draft day; the Jets and Trader Mike are probably going to do something unexpected here (which is pretty much how they always operate). I'm hoping we find a way to get Upshaw or Ingram if we stay at 16...dunno about this Chandler Jones business.

h3ro

Haven't gotten to post in this thread in a long time.

Excited for draft day; the Jets and Trader Mike are probably going to do something unexpected here (which is pretty much how they always operate). I'm hoping we find a way to get Upshaw or Ingram if we stay at 16...dunno about this Chandler Jones business.

Jets always proved great offseason entertainment. I'll give them that.

snesfreak

Banned
Mayock is a BEAST! :jnc
BEAST.gif

Wes

venison crêpe
Jason LaCanfora's Mock 10:

Vikings - Claiborne,
Browns - Richardson,
Bucs- Blackmon,
Rams - Cox,
Kalil (JAX trades out),
Miami - Tannehill,
Panthers - Poe,
Chandler Jones (BUF trades out)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'd take Cutler over Fatford anytime. It's easy when you got the best WR in the game on your team to bail you out.

:jnc

Bears fans. Never change.

CJ had 96 catches, Pettigrew had 83 and Burleson had 73. CJ actually only had 22.7% of the catches on the team.

Guess it was CJ catching everything.

cdyhybrid

Seahawks are in a pretty good spot, I think. They could take a handful of players and any of them would be a good pick. Just pick whoever falls to you. Best case they trade back for the Pats' two picks.

jergrah

For those interested, apparently EA will be adding all of the 1st round picks into Madden 12 Ultimate Team tonight. So if you cant wait until Madden 13 comes out to use your franchises latest addition, you can spend spacebucks to use them now.
Here's the full list

And here's my future QB - the next stop gap for Miami
ArbayX3CIAIjy9y.png

Also -- Vikes trading the #3 pick to Cleveland apparently

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Painting with a broad brush, etc

Sorry, you're right, I shouldn't. Just irritates me to see someone spout off garbage like that without actually looking at the stats.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Cutler is solid, but Stafford is already in the Elite level at age 23. By the end of the season he'll be top 3, and quite possibly the best.

Bowser

Jason LaCanfora's Mock 10:

Vikings - Claiborne,
Browns - Richardson,
Bucs- Blackmon,
Rams - Cox,
Kalil (JAX trades out),
Miami - Tannehill,
Panthers - Poe,
Chandler Jones (BUF trades out)

lol we're not drafting Poe. I doubt we take a DT actually. Barring a miracle where somehow Blackmon or Kalil falls, the pick will be Coples or Kuechly.

jergrah

Peter King ‏ @SI_PeterKing
RT @JayGlazer: I'm hearing we have our first trade; Cleveland moving up from #4 to #3 w Minnesota. Giving up 3 picks to move into 3rd.

Top Bottom