• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Git 'r done, Chad! He seems like a nice guy, so a part of me would like to see him succeed plus I don't like Stallworth.

our receivers:

Welker
Branch
Slater
Edelman
Lloyd
Ocho
Stallworth
Gonzalez
Underwood
Davis

They kept 6 at the start of the season last year (Welker, Branch, Ocho, Edelman, Slater, Price) while Davis was on the practice squad. Interesting to see who will make it out

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
our receivers:

Welker
Branch
Slater
Edelman
Lloyd
Ocho
Stallworth
Gonzalez
Underwood
Davis

They kept 6 at the start of the season last year (Welker, Branch, Ocho, Edelman, Slater, Price) while Davis was on the practice squad. Interesting to see who will make it out

Welker, Lloyd and Branch are guaranteed.
Edelman is likely.

Who knows about the rest.

Dre3001

No it isn't. Parts of Miami and Orlando are nice along with a few other places, but 99% of it is shit and the native residents are scary as fuck.

You have probably never been to the rural sections of northern Florida. Imagine a poorer, stupider, angrier version of Packer fans. Now multiply levels of racism and subtract the amount of teeth and you have your average Floridian.

And these fuckers are probably going to decide who our next President is going to be. :(

Fucking stupid electoral college...

99% ?? LOL Someone had a bad vacation......

I have lived in North, Central, and South Florida and they are all nothing alike. To compare them like they are even close to similar is ridiculous.

Seriously Florida is probably the only state where the more South you travel the more North the culture is.

I will give you that North Florida is pretty bad but Central and South Florida are great places to live/visit.

If anything I would say the places you named are some of the worst in Florida (Miami especially).

our receivers:

Welker
Branch
Slater
Edelman
Lloyd
Ocho
Stallworth
Gonzalez
Underwood
Davis

Lloyd, Slater, and Welker I assume are sure things (unless Welker holds out). Edelman was more a DB last year, but Bill loves him so I think he makes it too, but not sure if he'll be listed as a WR. That leaves Ocho and Stallworth, unless Gonzalez stays healthy, then I would like to have him on the team instead of Stallworth. Davis can stay on the PC for one more year.

I don't know what to do with Branch...I like the guy and so does Brady, but he really looked old and slow at the end of the season.

Unfinished business, eh?

Would that include actually picking up the playbook and reading it?

QNpkG.jpg

Look at him! That's dedication! I would have imagined the playbook to be bigger though...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
99% ?? LOL Someone had a bad vacation......

I have lived in North, Central, and South Florida and they are all nothing alike. To compare them like they are even close to similar is ridiculous.

Seriously Florida is probably the only state where the more South you travel the more North the culture is.

I will give you that North Florida is pretty bad but Central and South Florida are great places to live/visit.

If anything I would say the places you named are some of the worst in Florida (Miami especially).

I wonder if the twins have him so busy that bionic won't notice that the bobber is below water and being pulled deeper.

eznark said:
How long is the owners meeting going to last? It it an all-week think or just a couple days? I'd really like to hear Hargrove's suspension before weighing in on the seemingly-inevitable signing.
Yep. It's a week long affair. It includes all of the competition committee stuff, voting on the rules changes, etc.

I've had some great vacations in Florida. Orlando, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and Key West are all real nice places for a couple of weeks, but I don't see myself living there.

eznark said:
Replay and OT stuff are the only big discussions, correct?
Here's the full list:

Proposed Rules Changes:

-Giving the replay official in the booth the authority to determine replay outcomes, rather than the referee on the field.
-Modifying the horse-collar tackle rules to remove the exception for quarterbacks in the pocket.
-Applying the postseason overtime rule to the regular season, meaning no team can by kicking a field goal on its first possession.
-Adding a loss of down penalty for illegally kicking the ball.
-Making 'too many men in the huddle' penalties a dead-ball foul.
-Modify the 'defenseless player' interpretation to include players who receive 'crackback' blocks.
-Replay Official will initiate reviews of certain "turnovers" throughout the game. Expands reviewable plays to include the on-field ruling of a runner out of bounds when the recovery of a fumble occurs in the action following the fumble, and the on-field ruling of an incomplete pass when a backward pass is recovered in the action following the backward pass.

Proposed Bylaw Changes:

-Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day on a day other than Sunday, will be customary business days for the purpose of Player Personnel transactions.
-Moving the trading deadline to the Tuesday after the eighth weekend.
-Increase the offseason roster limit to 90 players.
-Eliminate first preseason cutdown to 75 players if roster limit remains at 80.
-Permit teams to return to their Active List one player who is placed on Injured Reserve after their first regular-season game.
-Gives the team an additional roster spot for a player who has been diagnosed
with a concussion.
OT, Replay and the roster change stuff are the biggest though as you mention and will be the most debated topics. Most everything else should pass without issue.

eznark

Banned
None of those seem like a huge deal. I like allowing for the people in the booth to make the decision, since they can obviously replay every close play before any challenge actually starts which should cut down on the time it takes. Generally, replays in college seem much quicker.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Does Ocala count? There was fuck all to do when I visited and those stupid ass love bugs were swarming by the thousands everywhere. Did not go out to meet the locals which was probably a good thing.

I went to Ocala in '03 as a catastrophe insurance adjuster.

I rolled up to a hurricaine devastated house, to do my job. The homeowner declares he wants a white adjuster and instructs me to vacate his property. I got no problem with this, as I leave, I notice his truck has a United Southern Knights sticker in the rear window.

Awesome.

I went to Ocala in '03 as a catastrophe insurance adjuster.

I rolled up to a hurricaine devastated house, to do my job. The homeowner declares he wants a white adjuster and instructs me to vacate his property. I got no problem with this, as I leave, I notice his truck has a United Southern Knights sticker in the rear window.

Awesome.

What is this?

eznark

Banned
what's this?

Did the OT need the space for more James Cameron threads or what?

Not sure, I thought it already was a loss of down. In NCAA I'm pretty sure illegal kicking (so, kicking a loose ball out of bounds) is a 15 yard penalty and a loss of down.

I just googled it, it's a part of the KKK.

Also, why do KKK people refer to themselves as 'Wizards' ?

Holy shit I know that there are people into that kind of stuff but I just always assumed that they would have to keep it a secret. I would think you would get harassed constantly for something like that.

JABEE

None of those seem like a huge deal. I like allowing for the people in the booth to make the decision, since they can obviously replay every close play before any challenge actually starts which should cut down on the time it takes. Generally, replays in college seem much quicker.

The bribes will be much easier to receive from the owner's box as well. Win-Win

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Proposed Rules Changes:

-Modifying the horse-collar tackle rules to remove the exception for quarterbacks in the pocket.
Wonder if the Justin Smith bullrush through Bushrod to horsecollar Brees with one arm brought this to light.

-Adding a loss of down penalty for illegally kicking the ball.
Would this apply to something like the Brady punt on 3rd down, but if he screwed up the punt somehow?

-Modify the 'defenseless player' interpretation to include players who receive 'crackback' blocks.
Going to see this called more on special teams and INT/fumble returns by the defense.

-Moving the trading deadline to the Tuesday after the eighth weekend.
May finally make the trade deadline relevant?

Fox318

Jets Flight Crew Tryout Photos

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-and-videos/photo-gallery/2012-Flight-Crew-Prep-Class-Photos/3ed91070-0eae-4fd2-86df-477b184fa5c4

effzee said:
Giants owner Mara took a jab and said the David Carr pres conference is tomorrow.
It was a good response to the (stupid) question he was asked:

Asked John Mara if NY was big enough for the Giants and Tim Tebow: "I don't know, but the David Carr press conference will be tommorrow, too."
:jnc I've no doubt Mara is relishing it all though.

Who wants to play for a loser franchise that happens to be located in Cleveland.

Hey man, don't clown on Cleveland and the Browns like that.

Whenever jdez's mom finally ungrounds him from the Internet, he's going to snitch on us and this thread will be shut down for being too insular and hostile to other members of the forum.

yep, deloused is that CD that every band has where they can never make an album better than it. however, they have released a lot of great material since then..... it has just been hit and miss on every album as opposed to deloused which is legit from beginning to end

Thats how I feel about it too. I hope the new CD proves me wrong, but I just can't see Omar or Cedric really giving a fuck anymore, honestly. Which is too bad, but we can hold onto those dreams we developed in 2001!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Cleveland is probably bummed that it isn't getting RG3 or Luck. Joining the Shat for Matt sweepstakes?

Actually Cleveland sports is just bummed in general.

Also, can't believe NFLGAFers watch Glee, the heck?

snesfreak

Banned
So when's that new "No Dirty Fucking Panthers Fans" rule gonna go int-
Hey man, don't clown on Cleveland and the Browns like that.

Whenever jdez's mom finally ungrounds him from the Internet, he's going to snitch on us and this thread will be shut down for being too insular and hostile to other members of the forum.
Oh hi!

Top Bottom