• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Brandon Weeden has zero experience in the West Coast offense, and we don't have any Justin Blackmons on our roster.

Might as well wrap this disaster up nicely with trading Colt McCoy, so we can get an early start on praying we make the Matt Barkley sweepstakes.

It's not like you can't find all kinds of quality wideouts at #37

To everyone who needed an OT and didn't pick Reiff before the Lions: thanks, we needed that. :)

Now, for the second round, I don't know who we get. Jenkins probably, though I am very much not happy with that choice. If not him, probably Mike Adams or Peter Konz if he falls that far, maybe, to bolster the line? I know we need the defensive help more in the secondary, but after Jenkins, it feels like a shallow secondary draft.

This is assuming he'll be good and Browns will get people for him to throw at(little counts sorta..but will just drop the pass!), Lets for arguments sake say he is good next year and for the next 5, can we assume the Browns are smart enough to build a team around him that he can lead to something like ya know that thing the steelers been to 8 times and won 6. The gap is closed before it was open. Suck it Brownie, lifelong losers the bunch of you.

I'm sorry. I have a few years on old man Weeden so my memory isnt so good. I dont seem to remember all those championships from 35 years ago.

jakncoke

Banned
Browns should of waited till qb for next or least gotten weeden with 37, i doubt anyone else was crazy enough to take him that high

Brandon Weeden = Chris Weinke 2.0. They even look alike.
weeden.png

The new face of Taco Bell.

hiryu

Browns should of waited till qb for next or least gotten weeden with 37, i doubt anyone else was crazy enough to take him that high

Still tons of talent on the board, Browns are going to either get a quality RT or WR at 37, so does it even matter that they took Weeden a little early? Also, I'll take five years of good QB play over most of the shit we have had since 99. Heck, five good years is all we got out of Kosar.

jakncoke

Banned
Still tons of talent on the board, Browns are going to either get a quality RT or WR at 37, so does it even matter that they took Weeden a little early? Also, I'll take five years of good QB play over most of the shit we have had since 99. Heck, five good years is all we got out of Kosar.

Fair enough, im well aware of desperately wanting any sort of good play out of qb

hiryu

:jnc Aside from the hair the facial structure is exactly the game. That and they're both career backup QB's.

If McCoy does decent this season and Weeden is holding the clipboard, he'll be 30 by the start by the start of the 2013 season with only college ingame experience.

McCoy is done, you don't draft a 28 year old QB in the first round to sit the bench.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

If we take a RT at 37, who will McCoy or Weeden be throwing to, other than what we already have in the worst WR corp in the league?

And he will not start Week 1. This man is 28 and has never run the West Coast offense or even from under center.
So its an issue because they got him a whole 15 picks away from where you think they shouldve taken him?

You don't realize how silly that sounds, do you?

sonicmj1

Trying to quickly learn as much as I can about David Wilson. I like him on the whole. He seems like a fast, elusive runner who fights for every yard he can. He's got incredible balance. With a little more patience he could be a real difference-maker.

I was hoping the Giants would take someone on the offensive line, but I trust in Reese. Still plenty of picks left.

cdyhybrid

Bruce Irvin is the next Aldon Smith.

"Ever since I've been in coaching, we've been looking for a guy like this," Carroll said. "This is the fastest guy that you can hope to get to play this position."

That's all well and good, and clearly the Seahawks had him rated as the best pass rusher available in this draft. After all, every pass rusher in this draft was available when Seattle chose with the 15th pick.

Could the Seahawks have gotten him later? After all, that would have been the better value. Seattle obviously didn't think so, and after it made the selection, there were indications the Jets had planned to select Irvin at No. 16. New England was also thought to be interested.

You don't realize how silly that sounds, do you?

No, obviously I dont.

I mean really. "Well ok maybe Weeden will be good" just stop right there. So if he's good, it'll matter to you or anyone else that they took him at #22 instead of #37? I mean, 15 picks, man. Is it that big a deal?

Yes, we need WRs and an RT. We also needed a QB, a RB, and plenty of other things. People act like we're somehow gonna fill all of our holes with the 2 picks in the first round. If we'd have taken a RT and a WR with the first two picks, people would say, well, whos gonna run the ball? Who's gonna throw the ball?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Bruce Irvin is the next Aldon Smith.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dYAZk2Lcbw

As someone who played D-End his whole life this highlight vid gives me the biggest boner ever. Forget his 40 time and how fast he is(which is important) but his ability to read plays and react, is something else.

Only the elite guys have it. For instance at :50 in the video he notices its a draw and sheds the tackle to make a play that would normally be made by the OLB. His ability to read run plays like that is just something that can't be taught. You either have "it" or you don't.

The fact he went to local CC Mount Sac here in SoCal makes me root for him more. Pete Carroll knew who this guy was during his high school days, but his grades and trouble off the field kept him out of USC.

Bruce Irvin IMO will probably be the best defensive end in this draft, as long as he doesn't get himself in trouble.

cajunator

Banned
So going over the draft picks so far it looks like the Browns did something stupid again and so did the Dolphins. Im not very familiar with this batch of draftees though.

bluemax

Banned
So Trent Richardson's Madden ratings are somewhat worse than some random generated rookie I drafted in Madden last year:

T-Rich:

Speed: 90
Acceleration: 96
Carrying: 93
Strength: ??
Elusiveness: 76
Agility: 88
Awareness: 55
Trucking: 95
Ball Carrier Vision: 92

http://instagr.am/p/J6Hcq1gDmd/

Random Madden Rookie:

Speed: 90
Acceleration: 98
Carrying: 87
Strength: 81
Elusiveness: 88
Agility: 95
Awareness: 59
Trucking: 80
Ball Carrier Vision: 82
Stiff Arm: 82
Spin Move: 92
Juke Move: 87

"Flowers" McKoy was 82 OVR as a Rookie, so Richardson probably is gonna be a 78-80 if those ratings hold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dYAZk2Lcbw

As someone who played D-End his whole life this highlight vid gives me the biggest boner ever. Forget his 40 time and how fast he is(which is important) but his ability to read plays and react, is something else.

Only the elite guys have it. For instance at :50 in the video he notices its a draw and sheds the tackle to make a play that would normally be made by the OLB. His ability to read run plays like that is just something that can't be taught. You either have "it" or you don't.

The fact he went to local CC Mount Sac here in SoCal makes me root for him more. Pete Carroll knew who this guy was during his high school days, but his grades and trouble off the field kept him out of USC.

Bruce Irvin IMO will probably be the best defensive end in this draft, as long as he doesn't get himself in trouble.

I sure hope so. I'm okay with the pick, he fills the need that was probably our biggest and he seems to have plenty of upside.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I sure hope so. I'm okay with the pick, he fills the need that was probably our biggest and he seems to have plenty of upside.

He reminds me of Jason Pierre Paul and what they said about him drafttime, except the fact he has had tons of off the field issues since high school.

If he can mature (which I think he can under Pete Caroll) he'll be a great asset to an already young and solid Seahawks D.

Top Bottom