• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Closing in on 6 months GAF, for my Beard/Hair:

Hair is getting long:
UB30Cl.jpg

Beard:
pexBbl.jpg

h93sMl.jpg

My Goal: (I think I'm 1/5th there)
tOBGDl.jpg

Brandon Weeden has zero experience in the West Coast offense, and oh btw we don't have any Justin Blackmons on our roster.

Might as well wrap this disaster up nicely with trading Colt McCoy, so we can get an early start on praying we make the Matt Barkley sweepstakes.

Colt McCoy can't throw a ball more than 15 yards into the wind, we are already a better team then we were wednesday. You're such a typical mope ass brown's fan....

Nab a WR in the 3rd, a right tackle in the fourth, and we'll actually maybe have an offense which forces cornerbacks to backpedal...omg.

In related news Colt is available, we'd like a bucket of ice cream and some gloves in return.

Wes

venison crêpe
Damn you Titans. Begs the question, why didn't we just trade back some? I think they panicked. Urgh.

McCoy has got to be traded now. He can't stay here.

Damn you Titans. Begs the question, why didn't we just trade back some? I think they panicked. Urgh.

McCoy has got to be traded now. He can't stay here.

Nah we wanted Weeden all along. Don't believe the Wright hype.

Nobody wants McCoy....except maybe the toronto argonauts. Good riddence to bad rubbish in my opinion.

Wrayfield

Closing in on 6 months GAF, for my Beard/Hair:

Hair is getting long:
http://i.imgur.com/UB30Cl.jpg[IMG]

Beard:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pexBbl.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/h93sMl.jpg[IMG]

My Goal: (I think I'm 1/5th there)
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/tOBGDl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'd say you're 3/5 there. Will be hard to grow your beard that long though.

Striker

Did McCoy ever really get a chance?
He was decent his rookie year when Hillis carried the offense. While they never really had any good WR's or a great TE to stretch the defense, he was still bad. I would have guessed they would be giving him another chance this year by taking Richardson and a wideout, but the Weeden pick surprised me a bit. He'll be thrown into the wolves right away I imagine. Can't see McCoy staying and Wallace would back him up.

Milchjon

He was decent his rookie year when Hillis carried the offense. While they never really had any good WR's or a great TE to stretch the defense, he was still bad. I would have guessed they would be giving him another chance this year by taking Richardson and a wideout, but the Weeden pick surprised me a bit. He'll be thrown into the wolves right away I imagine. Can't see McCoy staying and Wallace would back him up.

Well, I was just wondering because it didn't seem like ANY QB could've been all that great with last year's Browns offense.

Milchjon

What time does the second round start?

My body is ready for crazy Bill.

7 PM/1 AM

You happy with your draft? I like Hightower though maybe a bit high for ILB...

Oh, I don't really have a clue about a lot of these guys, but I guess with Anderson gone we had no choice but to address the front 7. General sentiment seems to be positive, so I guess I'm fine with it.

I would've liked some more picks though, just two left isn't so great with the state of our D. Secondary is still shit if Dowling and McCourty don't get their act together. I just want to reduce the risk of Defense Induced Heart Attacks, the last year was a bit much to handle.

After thinking more about it I'm totally happy with the Perry pick. He seems like he'll be a solid pass rusher and that's what we needed. When you're across from Clay you don't need to be super flashy.

Plus now I have another Nick to root for.

Talon

Good luck to Weeden throwing to garbage plus a rookie WR facing the Ravens and Steelers four times a year. Oh, and Mike Zimmer's aggressive ass defense. His age means they need the guy to start immediately to get what they can out of his first contract.

LaMichael's a great runner, but his lack of experience blocking in the backfield and his slight build (hence, more questions about picking up the blitz) is going to hurt him. He's not going to be more than a third down back this season, and he doesn't exactly have the surest set of hands. He improved on it this year, but he's a very one dimensional player.

When you have a back that you don't trust to pick up blitzers, the defense has an immediate advantage. See: what happened to Blount for much of the year.

It's certainly something Lamichael could learn to be successful at - see: Warrick Dunn - and I'll definitely be rooting for him.

The more I think about it the happier I am with how the first round went. DeCastro dropping to the Steelers created the opportunity for the Pats to take Hightower. Really all fell into place.

Looking at Chandler his combine numbers, he has the size and speed of a JPP (He's 10 pounds lighter at the moment, but still).

One can dream.

After thinking more about it I'm totally happy with the Perry pick. He seems like he'll be a solid pass rusher and that's what we needed. When you're across from Clay you don't need to be super flashy.

Plus now I have another Nick to root for.
It's a solid pick.

Upshaw played in the dirty ass SEC for Nick Satan.
No doubt he would have come with a Barnett-like level of arrogance and self-entitlement.

I'd like to see them move up in the 2nd today and grab a good DE/DT.

Such a great first day to the draft. I love the Cox pick. I hope the Eagles can either trade up and grab Upshall, or get Janoris Jenkins. I heard the team had a workout with Jenkins and it went really well so we will see. I am still pissed the Cowboys were able to trade up for such a great player, and not have to give up to much. Man the Eagles DL this year is going to be incredible.

Apperantly Janoris Jenkins is off the Pats draftboard.

I never believe it when teams say that. If the Pats had a 4th are they saying they wouldnt take him then, that seems crazy to me. It is one thing to not want to risk any early pick on a guy with character issues, but most late round picks dont pan out anyway. I would rather use a late round pick on a guy with 1st round talent and serious character issues then a guy with middling talent who was a 3 year team captain.

Talon

Upshaw played in the dirty ass SEC for Nick Satan.
No doubt he would have come with a Barnett-like level of arrogance and self-entitlement.

I'd like to see them move up in the 2nd today and grab a good DE/DT.
Say what you will about Upshaw, but he's no showboating asshat like Barnett.

I love the Pick, if anyone thinks Bradshaw is gonna stay healthy for the entire season you lying to yourself...Martin was the pick but Tampa stole it, but Wilson is fucking fast, he might be faster than Scott..

bionic77

I thought the Steelers got a great pick in the 1st round, I know OL isnt a sexy position for casual fans I would figure you would be excited to see them address that spot.
I looked at all the picks last night, but I just don't get that excited about a draft unless my team is picking in the top 5 and we were horrible the year before.

And the Steelers need a lot of help at a lot of positions. We will see next season how smart the pick was. Our o-line is serviceable when healthy but we don't have enough starters in the secondary.

I looked at all the picks last night, but I just don't get that excited about a draft unless my team is picking in the top 5 and we were horrible the year before.

And the Steelers need a lot of help at a lot of positions. We will see next season how smart the pick was. Our o-line is serviceable when healthy but we don't have enough starters in the secondary.

You cant fill ever hole in the 1st round. We will have to wait until rounds 2-7 are finished before we can judge any teams draft, but I would be excited if I was a Steelers fan. They got a guy that most mocks had going much higher, and they didnt have to give up any picks to get him, and OL was definitely a need for them.

bionic77

Curious where we go in rounds 2 and 3. Come on Omar, lets keep this banging draft going.
We haven't been great after the 2nd round round lately but at least all our first rounders start for the most part.

We really could use some late round gems this year. So many needs...

jakncoke

Banned
We haven't been great after the 2nd round round lately but at least all our first rounders start for the most part.

We really could use some late round gems this year. So many needs...

At least we got Woodley in the 2nd, but yeah 2nd hasn't been good luck for us

Slo

Haven't gone back and read the reactions to the Vikings picks, but overall I'm happy. We got some free slop picks to move down from 3 to 4 and still got Kalil. The guys on KFAN seem to think we could have gotten a single 3rd instead if a 4,5, and 7 but I don't really agree. Our leverage is that we would be willing to drop further down the first round and that wouldn't have gotten us Kalil.

I don't know much about Harrison Smith to be honest, but safety is a huge position of need for us, and hopefully we just drafted a long term starter.

I wouldn't mind if we packaged all the garbage picks we've got left and tried to move up into the 2nd to take a WR now.

Biggest surprise for me was Weeden to the Browns. Yay for old guys, I guess.

Floyd went higher than I expected, but hanging with Fitz in Arizona will be good for him.

More time goes by the more I'm liking the Jets pick.

We are gonna destroy Tannehill.

But we gotta destroy Brady too. And we really have to stop getting destroyed by TEs. And we have to get 1 or 2 WR prospects. And we have to protect the Sanchize.

Coples was a pretty good pick - especially if he can be developed into that Rex Ryan type of universal lineman/end - but we have so many holes to fill.

I wouldn't mind if we packaged all the garbage picks we've got left and tried to move up into the 2nd to take a WR now.

]Vikings still have 1x 3rd, 3x 4th, 2x 5th, 1x 6th and 3x 7th round picks left. They're not done trading

Got damn that are a lot of picks.

You know who has 2 second rounders and who probably wants some more picks?

NFL%20Draft%20Patriots%20Football.JPEG-00086.jpg

After seing how the draft has played out I am not quite as mad as I was when Kuechly was first announced as our pick. I would have preferred we draft Poe or Gilmore, because NG and CB are both positions of need; but with the way things have played out we are in a good position to draft either Worthy or Still at 40. I liked Cox a lot, but he's not much of an upgrade over either of those guys (especially Worthy). If we take Worthy I will be happy with our first two picks.

Wrayfield

More time goes by the more I'm liking the Jets pick.

We are gonna destroy Tannehill.

Bollocks. I don't see him start this year anyway, he will be learning for two years then pull a Rogers 2.0. By that time, Rex is fired and hired by Fins as D coordinator, the only job he does well (unless you're counting talking our of your arse a job, then it's two jobs he does well).

After seing how the draft has played out I am not quite as mad as I was when Kuechly was first announced as our pick. I would have preferred we draft Poe or Gilmore, because NG and CB are both positions of need; but with the way things have played out we are in a good position to draft either Worthy or Still at 40. I liked Cox a lot, but he's not much of an upgrade over either of those guys (especially Worthy). If we take Worthy I will be happy with our first two picks.

I am curious what makes you say that? Every draft thing I have read had him as the top rated DT in the draft. I just listend to Tony Pauline or SI say he is the best overall DL in the draft.

Take heart Browns fans, instead of having Julio Jones, you have a 28 year old rookie QB.

Ice fucking cold. Poor Browns fans.

Top Bottom