• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

eznark

Banned
Telling McCoy would have been flat out idiotic. They would essentially be saying "hey, we're going to end your career here in Cleveland but do us a solid and keep it to yourself."

Fuck that, McCoy isn't entitled to shit.

Telling McCoy would have been flat out idiotic. They would essentially be saying "hey, we're going to end your career here in Cleveland but do us a solid and keep it to yourself."

You dont tell him you just find a better way to answer. There was no need to tell a guy no way we take a QB, because that will obviously get out after the fact.

Fox318

Colt wasn't even the problem for the Browns last year.

No WR, No RB, No Defense, Shitty OLine play.

Bowser

But why wouldn't you say something like "Look, we're not planning on drafting a QB, but you're a smart kid. Anything can happen and we're not ruling it out."

It's flat out idiotic to say "Yeah, you're our guy" and then some odd days later spend a first rounder on a 29 year old QB. You can't NOT start a 29 year old QB.

eznark

Banned
But why wouldn't you say something like "Look, we're not planning on drafting a QB, but you're a smart kid. Anything can happen and we're not ruling it out."

It's flat out idiotic to say "Yeah, you're our guy" and then some odd days later spend a first rounder on a 29 year old QB. You can't NOT start a 29 year old QB.

Because anything can happen in the draft. You don't tip your hand so that you make a shitty employee feel happy when it might cost you a talent upgrade.

There is nothing to gain for the Browns by telling him. Thinking other guys in the locker room give a flying fuck is hilarious. I cannot believe how badly everyone who writes about and follows the NFL tries to pretend it isn't a cold business and every decisions is made as such. These players know what is up.

jakncoke

Banned
Because anything can happen in the draft. You don't tip your hand so that you make a shitty employee feel happy when it might cost you a talent upgrade.

There is nothing to gain for the Browns by telling him. Thinking other guys in the locker room give a flying fuck is hilarious. I cannot believe how badly everyone who writes about and follows the NFL tries to pretend it isn't a cold business and every decisions is made as such. These players know what is up.

Yeah this isn't your city flag football league, this shit is prison as fuck and you'll get shanked(cut/traded/demoted) without any warning

eznark

Banned
Yeah this isn't your city flag football league, this shit is prison as fuck and you'll get shanked(cut/traded/demoted) without any warning

In the NFL as in life, if you are shitty at your job you should assume that your employer is always looking to replace you.

Nightz

Had to leave the house right after the Chargers picked last night, but I'm still excited about the Ingram pick. I honestly didn't see him falling to 18. We got an absolute athlete on defense.

Round 2, I'm hoping for Cordy Glenn or Alameda Ta'amu.

Fox318

In the NFL as in life, if you are shitty at your job you should assume that your employer is always looking to replace you.

But if you have faulty equipment to work with how can your boss expect you to do a good job.

Why are we talking about the Browns this much? They will be lucky to go 2-14.

brentech

Just watched some of Perry's highlights. Dude could stand to lose 10-15lbs playing OLB in the NFL. These are his highlights, and he still looked a little slow.

eznark

Banned
Just watched some of Perry's highlights. Dude could stand to lose 10-15lbs playing OLB in the NFL. These are his highlights, and he still looked a little slow.

Pretty sure he lost weight for the combine. It'll be interested to see what he reports at.

The highlights gave me a lot of hope.

With NFL-grade personal trainers working on his speed and agilty and Kevin Greenes' masterful tutelage, he could turn into a great player.

Fox318

hvGB1.jpg

VtIaL.jpg

Good for Colt if he goes to GB to develop. I've always liked McCoy personally and felt he should have been given another chance with more weapons around him.

Been watching a ton of David Wilson highlights/lowlights and game footage. I've seen some stuff from him in the past when he was linked to the Giants and while I would have liked to have seen us move back to get him, it's good to see the team address the position with an explosive, strong and downright speedy as hell RB. Realistically, the Giants were one Bradshaw foot injury away from Danny Ware being the starter (UGH). Wilson appears to be a Coughlin style back with the ability to power through tackles and a good character.

He'll no doubt be coached up right away on pass protection and if he takes to it well, I've a feeling he'll be on the field day one sharing carries with Ahmad. All I know is I look forward to copious use of this whenever David Wilson breaks a big one or scores a TD!

zsc1C.jpg

Well, round 1 went as expected for Indy. Love all the talent still sitting there. Would love to go Cordy Glenn here, but I can see Hill, Fleener, Worthy or even a trade down to get some additional picks. ALMOST impossible for them to do any wrong here with all the holes they have.

Mrbob

Well, round 1 went as expected for Indy. Love all the talent still sitting there. Would love to go Cordy Glenn here, but I can see Hill, Fleener, Worthy or even a trade down to get some additional picks. ALMOST impossible for them to do any wrong here with all the holes they have.

I want the Bears to move up and get Fleener in round 2. I need me some TE cheese in Madden 13.

Top Bottom