• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

8lynT.png

He's a big boned linebacker.

LJ11

www.stltoday.com/sports/football/pr...cle_02ddc12d-b649-5ef0-84f4-02f6487fb11d.html

Rams had Jenkins graded about as high as Blackmon, and were bummed to see him gone. What a disaster draft. They probably thought at one point they were going to get Floyd and Jenkins, and now are on to like plan R

Crazy.

I get pissed off with Buddy Nix and his refusal to trade down unless the deal is too good, but what happened to the Rams is the reason he always gives. IF you can guarantee the guy I want is still there after a trade down I'll do it, if not it's too risky.

tmdorsey

Damn that sucks for the Rams. Hindsight is 20-20 but yeah if you have a guy rated that highly might as well just went ahead and picked him up early.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
NFL Network's coverage of the draft was amazing last night and did NOT have the douchebag 'insiders' trying to tip picks under the guise of 'guessing,' which is apparently what ESPN's guys were doing all night.

It was so nice to see guys like Mayock legitimately not know and even miss on his predictions. Brought the suspense back, and I loved it.

squicken

Damn that sucks for the Rams. Hindsight is 20-20 but yeah if you have a guy rated that highly might as well just went ahead and picked him up early.

They say they had no interest in Floyd. But if they really wanted blackmon or richardson, they needed to move up. Now I don't think either of those guys are top 5 talents, but the Rams are so desperate for offensive talent, sometimes need has to overrided BPA.

Crazy.

I get pissed off with Buddy Nix and his refusal to trade down unless the deal is too good, but what happened to the Rams is the reason he always gives. IF you can guarantee the guy I want is still there after a trade down I'll do it, if not it's too risky.

Yeah they just got too cute. They say they wanted to stockpile picks, and I think it bit them in the ass. They scored about 10 pts a game last year and have done nothing to upgrade the offense through FA and Rd 1. That's bad

RBH

NFL Network's coverage of the draft was amazing last night and did NOT have the douchebag 'insiders' trying to tip picks under the guise of 'guessing,' which is apparently what ESPN's guys were doing all night.

It was so nice to see guys like Mayock legitimately not know and even miss on his predictions. Brought the suspense back, and I loved it.
Yup, I enjoyed the NFL Network's coverage.

h3ro

The only way I would be upset about the Packers trading for a backup/3rd string quarterback is if Russell Wilson is available with whatever pick they give up.

Obviously they'd rather draft a scrub than sign some old and busted FA, so if they can get a young and busted guy who has some pro experience for whatever it would cost them to get a rookie, I'm okay with it.

In Tom Clements I trust.

Bill Huber of Packer Report reports that the Packers and Browns have discussed a trade that would send quarterback Colt McCoy to Green Bay.

As Huber notes, the Packers have one sixth-round pick and four seventh-round picks to dangle in trade talks. They would be targeting McCoy as a backup upgrade on Graham Harrell and former Arena League southpaw Nick Hill.

PFT link

Mifune

Mehmber
Crazy.

What do you think of Gilmore?

I didnt see this posted here but I thought it was interesting. Surprised to see Vontaze be so open:

When NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock referred to Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict as “a non-draftable kid,” it seemed to perfectly encapsulate what had happened to Burfict over the last several months: Once considered an elite talent, Burfict combined off-field problems, a lack of production on the field late in his college career and terrible performances at the Combine and his Pro Day to make himself look like he doesn’t belong in the NFL.

Burfict says he knows Mayock is just doing his job, but he also wants Mayock to know that his comments stung.

“If I could talk to him, I would ask him why is he being so hurtful to a young man and trying to trash me,” Burfict told Aaron Wilson of Scout.com. “I think about what he said with every rep that I do in the weight room. I use the criticism as motivation, but I like Mayock. I have a lot of respect for him. I would just ask him to be fair.”

Burfict neither confirmed nor denied the report that he failed a Combine drug test, but he acknowledged that he has used marijuana.

“I talked to some teams, and I told them I had smoked marijuana before,” Burfict said. “It’s not like I’m the only person that has ever done that.”

Burfict realizes that he won’t be the first-round pick he was once projected as, but he says he’s content because he believes his future is in God’s hands.

“I don’t care where I get drafted because God will place me somewhere great,” Burfict said. “Wherever I go, I will cherish it and play my hardest. I will be grateful for the opportunity and make the best of it. I can’t wait for that to happen.”

Sappy113

Yeah they just got too cute. They say they wanted to stockpile picks, and I think it bit them in the ass. They scored about 10 pts a game last year and have done nothing to upgrade the offense through FA and Rd 1. That's bad

They also were extremely inept at stopping opposing running games. Could just as easily state the Rams suck for not addressing that in the 1st round, if they'd gone another route.

No reason to freak out. 3 picks in the next 13 belong to the Rams. Plenty of chances to do something about the offensive problems. Expect WR, OG, OLB in these three picks. That's four gaping holes addressed in the first 2 rounds.

LJ11

Disappointed in GRRM, way to fold, such a craven!

Still some offensive talent on the board, team is set up nicely. At the very least they get some defensive help. Should be a run on WR early I'm guessing. Know the Bills have their eyes on Brian Quick but probably take Martin if he drops.

What do you think of Gilmore?

I liked Culliver and Gilmore when I watched them play, Culliver's surprised a lot of people.

Gilmore's probably the best off man corner in the draft, but he's got issues with double moves, when your eyes are in the backfield as much as his are you're going to get torched from time to time. Great tackler though, have to be if you play off-man, will help against the run. Not a bad pick, I wanted another pass rusher to be honest, needed a CB though.

We'll see how he does, lots of man under in Wanny's scheme, so he's going to have a safety behind him a majority of the time. Won't be asked to sit outside by himself.

Edit: Best bet, he's Antoine Winfield with speed.

eznark

Banned
As a jilted WVU student I have to back up my man Bruce Irvin(maybe a little late)

At least seven teams had Bruce Irvin in top 15

And if anyone thinks his past is a problem:
West Virginia prospect Bruce Irvin ditches burglary, drug game for shot at NFL

Keep in mind we ran a 3-3-5 while he was here(finally going 4-3 this year!) So every play was 3 D-Lineman against 5 O-Lineman. He still managed 14.5 sacks in 2010, and 8.5 in 2011, impressive given that everyone started doubling him in 2011.

So...his past is a serious problem then.

As a jilted WVU student I have to back up my man Bruce Irvin(maybe a little late)

At least seven teams had Bruce Irvin in top 15

And if anyone thinks his past is a problem:
West Virginia prospect Bruce Irvin ditches burglary, drug game for shot at NFL

Keep in mind we ran a 3-3-5 while he was here(finally going 4-3 this year!) So every play was 3 D-Lineman against 5 O-Lineman. He still managed 14.5 sacks in 2010, and 8.5 in 2011, impressive given that everyone started doubling him in 2011.

LOL at him saying he gave up drugs and armed robbery and that being good enough for 7 teams to put him in their top 15. NFL players drop all the time in the draft for smoking weed, and Dez Bryant dropped because his mom might have been a prostitute and Deion Sanders bought him lunch once. No way did 7 teams have a guy with this kind of baggage that high.

I've said it already but the Vikings shined in round 1.

They even traded back into the bottom of it to grab Harrison like I predicted.

Now if they can grab a CB or WR in the second I will be extremely happy. Later on maybe grab Toon as well. Lots of potential moving forward.

Slo

I've said it already but the Vikings shined in round 1.

They even traded back into the bottom of it to grab Harrison like I predicted.

Now if they can grab a CB or WR in the second I will be extremely happy. Later on maybe grab Toon as well. Lots of potential moving forward.

Who's the best WR prospect left? Randle?

eznark

Banned
Charges were dropped. He had allegedly knocked a Pita Pit sign off a delivery car. No Pac-Man Jones here

Oh well then, totally fine. People go around vandalizing delivery cars all the time. Surely this means he is a fantastic decision maker with "his head in the right place" who will be a pillar of society when he gets hundreds of thousands of dollars in his pocket.

Guy seems like a real piece of shit. Thank you for the article, now I will know to laugh at whoever drafts him.

cajunator

Banned
I always wondered. how do New Yorkers pick a team? Is certain regions Jets fans and giants fans? Is it just what your family rooted for? how do you decide?

Bowser

Oh well then, totally fine. People go around vandalizing delivery cars all the time. Surely this means he is a fantastic decision maker with "his head in the right place" who will be a pillar of society when he gets hundreds of thousands of dollars in his pocket.

Guy seems like a real piece of shit. Thank you for the article, now I will know to laugh at whoever drafts him.

...Seattle drafted him 15th overall.

The Seahawks reahed and took him in the 1st round.

Edit: Beaten

LJ11

I don't think Irvin was doubled all that much, it wasn't necessary. Do agree that the scheme held him back, shouldn't be rushing from a 3pt stance, should be moving around or up in 2pt stance, easier to set up tackles up with the threat of a speed rush only to loop back inside on a stunt while the guard and center are occupied. That's his game, run to daylight, though he really didn't show it at WV because it's not what they do on D.

That's what Aaron Williams is supposed to be, and we got him in the second round last year.

Yeah, I wasn't too happy about that pick but he showed me something. Main problem I saw from him last year, and it happened in both games against the Pats, he was playing the ball more than the man. Twice he thought he had the angle for an INT, jumped it early and it ended going for a TD, though they weren't long touchdown, inside our 30 and one inside the 20. If he hung with the man he would've broken it up.

I like Rogers and Searcy too. Hope we get a good one today, I kind of want to go D again but poor Chan needs some weapons as well.

Top Bottom