• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

squicken

What's really going to hurt is when Bradford busts out of the league and you guys could have had RG3.

Name me a Rams WR who would make you happy to have as your #3. Exactly what would RG3 do that Bradford couldn't? I guess he could scramble and make a few sandlot plays before eventually getting knocked out, versus Bradford standing in the pocket and eventually getting knocked out.

The Redskins were smart in understanding that their young QB would never develop without talent around him. Something the Rams failed to grasp. Sometimes organizations fail a player more than the player fails the team. Bradford's career is so eerily similar to David Carr's. Eventually he just won't give a fuck and will look to not get hit

DMczaf

The first day of the NFL draft in internet meme GIFs: http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52641

I'm dying here.

31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Doug Martin, RB, Boise State

iX3z57wRxUmLo.gif

32. New York Giants - David Wilson, RB, Virginia Tech

itALKPlPeAepb.gif

Yes....yes!

I'm not as downtrodden as I was earlier either. He was clearly BPA at #9, and given that our two All-Pro caliber LBs are both coming of serious injuries (I still have trouble envisioning Davis as a full-time starter after 3 ACL tears), it's probably the right pick too. I want Vinny Curry (DE) or Janoris Jenkins (CB) in the 2nd. We have Ron Edwards coming back to hold down one DT spot and I'm sure one of McClain or Fua will be better with a full off-season (they better, or they might as well be cut after the season if they're not). We need pass rush now - CJ can't do it alone - or coverage if we don't get pass rush.

lololol

I'd love for us to take Jenkins, but I don't think he's going to be there at 40. If he is we should definitely take him. If Rivera and the staff thinks Curry can start at DE I wouldn't be against taking him either. Whoever we take has to be a starter though.

and yeah lol at Beason, I love that guy.

Crisco

Banned
Panthers should draft Alameda Ta'amu with the 2nd round pick. 350 pound monster nose tackle. Move Charles Johnson to outside linebacker and run the 3-4 with Kuechly/Beason in the middle. It's our best chance to generate pass rush to make up for our still god awful secondary while also improving our run defense.

Wes

venison crêpe
trophy wife.

Implies Miami might win something.

Trent Richardson:
"If they want to go five-wide, they don’t have to put an extra receiver out there; just put me out there. If a linebacker lines up on me, it’s a lot of trouble. If they put a cornerback on me and I touch that ball in space, it’s going to be a lot of trouble for him too. We’re going to get better. We’re going to win. We’re ready and we’re almost there.”

I like the cut of this man's jib.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Implies Miami might win something.

Trent Richardson:

I like the cut of this man's jib.

More than a few times, Alabama would go to a 5 wide formation, with Richardson split outside as well. More than adequate out there.

More than a few times, Alabama would go to a 5 wide formation, with Richardson split outside as well. More than adequate out there.

Doing that in college doesnt mean he will be able to do it in the NFL. The speed of NFL defenses is much much better then the speed of college defenses. I am not saying he wont or anything though. I expect him to be really good in the NFL.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Doing that in college doesnt mean he will be able to do it in the NFL. The speed of NFL defenses is much much better then the speed of college defenses. I am not saying he wont or anything though. I expect him to be really good in the NFL.

He's not going to be a WR, nor a Reggie Bush type RB/WR. But he's not exactly Ironhead Heyward or Bettis either.

eznark

Banned
The only way I would be upset about the Packers trading for a backup/3rd string quarterback is if Russell Wilson is available with whatever pick they give up.

Obviously they'd rather draft a scrub than sign some old and busted FA, so if they can get a young and busted guy who has some pro experience for whatever it would cost them to get a rookie, I'm okay with it.

In Tom Clements I trust.

yacobod

Banned
Give the man a break, yacob. Greatness takes time. I'm sure he'll legit kill everybody twice over in due time.

ya if i was faced with the task of trying to figure out how to finish a popular series, or attend fan conventions, edit wild cards, and blog about the NFL, i'd probably opt for option B too.

Slo

The only way I would be upset about the Packers trading for a backup/3rd string quarterback is if Russell Wilson is available with whatever pick they give up.

Obviously they'd rather draft a scrub than sign some old and busted FA, so if they can get a young and busted guy who has some pro experience for whatever it would cost them to get a rookie, I'm okay with it.

In Tom Clements I trust.

I hope they draft a QB so Rodgers still has some tread on the tires when he heads West.

Top Bottom