• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

ponderface.jpg
I was too shy to say it first.

Kosmo

Banned
Not this crap again. CJ had under 23% of the entire team's catches. Anybody who keeps using this argument is insane. Stafford puts the ball where it needs to go and has been doing it without a decent running game.

He's a great QB. I wouldn't put him in the top 3 but he's in that next level of guys.

The jealousy for Stafford having Calvin to throw to is hilarious. Do people bring up Montana and Young and say "Well, yeah, they had Jerry Rice to throw to."

Take away all Stafford's yards and TDs to Calvin last year and he would still have been 16th in yards and 9th in TDs.

eznark

Banned
The fact that opposing defenses know that Detroit can't run at all cancels out this advantage.

Then Aaron Rodgers is the greatest everything of all the times.

The jealousy for Stafford having Calvin to throw to is hilarious. Do people bring up Montana and Young and say "Well, yeah, they had Jerry Rice to throw to."
Yes. All the time.

Not to start a shit storm of Lions vs Steelers fans but I had a funny conversation about stats last night at a buddies house during the draft. He argued that if he was building a team today he would take Stafford over Big Ben based on him passing for 5k yards last season.

So a proven 2 time world championship QB who'll play even if his head fell off against a one year 5k yard passer who's managed 1 healthy season in 3 years. I just had to stop arguing after awhile...

Well, Stafford had a freak injury his first year when Cleveland thugged him up. He was rushed back and got hurt again against the Bears. Instead of having surgery to fully repair, Detroit when a different route and he got crushed by J-Pepp and was rushed back once again. The last offseason, he went under the knife and the shoulder was 100% going into the season, hence him finishing the season!

He has never been injury prone in college and suffered from the thug Browns and Bears dirty tactics. I don't think he'll have anymore problems in the future. Also, I would take Staff or Ben based purely in my bias and with no real evaluation of the 2.

Besides, Stafford has this sexy lug blocking for him now

ArgofljCIAA1B-z.jpg

0 sacks allowed in 2012!

Stafford isn't elite. The only people who say he is are lions fans

ELITE!!

eznark

Banned
^ Stafford lost weight, but those hats are still ugly.

Take away all Stafford's yards and TDs to Calvin last year and he would still have been 16th in yards and 9th in TDs.

Jesus. I honestly really, really hope you don't believe this is how it would work. Good god.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Colt McCoy can't throw a ball more than 15 yards into the wind, we are already a better team then we were wednesday. You're such a typical mope ass brown's fan....

Nab a WR in the 3rd, a right tackle in the fourth, and we'll actually maybe have an offense which forces cornerbacks to backpedal...omg.

In related news Colt is available, we'd like a bucket of ice cream and some gloves in return.
I'm a "mope ass brown's fan", for pointing out that none of out receivers can create any separation, and we lead the league in drops? That's called knowledge of the game. Don't try to call me out man. You think you're entitled to talk about sports because your daddy used to be involved with a front office, but you've never offered a single enlightened opinion.

Name the magic WR who will be there in the 3rd round, who can solve our biggest issue, which is that none of our current WR can create any space. We don't just need a decent WR, we need a speedy NUMBER ONE option. A playmaker, game changer. It has to be a guy that is better than every player we already have at that position.

You're the one smoking hopium. I'm talking facts.

Canuck76

Banned
Colt wasn't even the problem for the Browns last year.

No WR, No RB, No Defense, Shitty OLine play.

Yeah. I think if he goes to Green Bay he becomes a Matt Flynn like QB that can turned for a 1st. People forget about him beating the Patriots and those giant-killer games he's had. Be interesting to see him with a good o-line

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Do the Browns currently have a player with the #3? Richardson needs to keep the #3. He'd look odd with double digits.

Mifune

Mehmber
I like Rogers and Searcy too. Hope we get a good one today, I kind of want to go D again but poor Chan needs some weapons as well.

I want us to go D again, too. I think that makes us the only two Bills fans in existence with that opinion.

Canuck76

Banned
He JUST vandalized a car a month ago.

Maybe he does get it together and that's neat in a vacuum. However this draft is garbage with very few standouts. From 15-50 there is little difference. Being a jack-ass thug with a history of atrocious decision making is going to be a negative no matter how precious you pretend to be in the weeks leading up to the draft.

Vandalize is a strong word. My understanding is that it was wrong place, wrong time.

"According to the police report, Irvin knocked a magnetic Pita Pit sandwich shop sign off the top of a delivery car. He was arrested when the driver said the sign was damaged."

Come on he doesn't damage that sign, everybody's laughing having a good time and everybody has a great time. Just some college hijinks gone wrong.

eznark

Banned
Vandalize is a strong word. My understanding is that it was wrong place, wrong time.

"According to the police report, Irvin knocked a magnetic Pita Pit sandwich shop sign off the top of a delivery car. He was arrested when the driver said the sign was damaged."

Come on he doesn't damage that sign, everybody's laughing having a good time and everybody has a great time. Just some college hijinks gone wrong.

I'd be on board with you if it were his first offense. Personally I would steer away from someone with his history. Maybe he'll be great and I hope he is (seriously, fuck the 49ers) but there simply isn't enough separation in his physical skills from the rest of the draft to justify taking him that high, in my opinion.

Weeden can throw the ball, he looks to be a better pure passer than either Luck or RG3. It's a head scratcher because of his age but the guy is a special talent notwithstanding.

Look how fast the ball comes out, reminds me of Favre a bit in the air, the D doesn't have a chance to turn their heads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpkLIET5uvA

He looks real lazy in the pocket. Always playing from the shotgun will do that. I wonder what he is going to do against NFL defenses when the pressure comes? Step up into the horseshoe shaped pocket and into his left foot to deliver a nice accurate pass with guys flying around behind him? Or is he going to scramble back and away from the pressure and throw floaters off his back foot?

Hmmm. I wonder which one a player like Weeden will do? I tell you this one has got me stumped.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I mean, he has 6 or 7 years of life experience on Tannehill. Doesn't seem like a very bold prediction

I'm also being very vague by saying "success" on purpose as well :p

I don't honestly expect Cleveland or Miami to do anything ever even though it'd be nice to see something different come out of the AFC.

Shocking that Chris Wienke would think a 29 year old rookie will have success.

I'm on to you, wienke

Anyone want to buy a slightly used Heisman for 300 dollars?

How about 50 bucks and a taco?

Anyone want to buy a slightly used Heisman for 300 dollars?

How about 50 bucks and a taco?

:jnc

And I've had a night to think about it, and I just feel terrible for Justin Blackmon. I think he is a special talent that could be one of the best receivers in the NFL in time. But he pretty much got deported into a baron and talentless land known as Jacksonville. I think he'll still be good, but when you have a QB who is known to throw passes with his eyes closed, it doesn't make things very easy

LJ11

I'd be on board with you if it were his first offense. Personally I would steer away from someone with his history. Maybe he'll be great and I hope he is (seriously, fuck the 49ers) but there simply isn't enough separation in his physical skills from the rest of the draft to justify taking him that high, in my opinion.

I'm not sure, physically he has it all, needs work technically though. Lots of length and his speed/quickness is probably unmatched in this class. That 335 did him no favors, he was 4 or 5 tech, lined up real tight, didn't really get outside until obvious passing downs, even then they rushed 3 a lot.

Guy was my dark horse, but not in the first obviously. Figured he'd go second day earliest and get nabbed by a team like the Ravens, have him sit and learn. True wildcard, boom or bust. Find it interesting that the Bills brought him in, this new group steers clear of character issue guys.

eznark

Banned
I'm not sure, physically he has it all, needs work technically though. Lots of length and his speed/quickness is probably unmatched in this class. That 335 did him no favors, he was 4 or 5 tech, lined up real tight, didn't really get outside until obvious passing downs, even then they rushed 3 a lot.

Guy was my dark horse, but not in the first obviously. Figured he'd go second day earliest and get nabbed by a team like the Ravens, have him sit and learn. True wildcard, boom or bust. Find it interesting that the Bills brought him in, this new group steers clear of character issue guys.

I would have been happy had the Packers got him today. I always put too big an emphasis on character issues though. It's probably my evaluation approach. Basically I look at like guys and eliminate them til I end up with one I don't despise.

LJ11

I would have been happy had the Packers got him today. I always put too big an emphasis on character issues though. It's probably my evaluation approach. Basically I look at like guys and eliminate them til I end up with one I don't despise.

Did the Packers bring him in for an interview, I'm just curious.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

After Mandarich, I can't blame you!

Green Bay almost always stays away from character issues. Sometimes we get a Johnny Jolly though...

eznark

Banned
Did the Packers bring him in for an interview, I'm just curious.

I can't honestly tell you if the Packers interviewed anyone.

It's generally useless to frame player evaluation on any sort of Packer context, since TT cares not for what us peasants think his needs are, so I pay no attention to what they do.

Nakazato

Rumor has it the Eagles want to move up and take Jenkins and are willing to trade both there 2nds to do it

If i was the colt Stl or Ravens id pull the trigger

Top Bottom