• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

mr2xxx

Banned
matthew-berry-holds-a-sign.jpg

Pretty much but he is entertaining in the same way Crocodile Dundy 3 was.

A fucking torn ACL. They drafted a guy with a torn ACL in the fucking second round?????? A WR nonetheless. Fuck you Mayhew. Fuck you and your incompetent drafting.

Can't wait until he drafts a fucking QB in the third round.

You know you don't mean that. Broyles is a really talented receiver when healthy, but the ACL is sooo scary. Could be a huge boom or bust thing. Having Broyles, Burleson, and Pettigrew working the middle of the field and Titus and CJ working deep would be so scary.

Just believe in Mayhew

Doorman

I know it's not a "need" position for Detroit, but if Broyles recovers and plays as well as he's capable of, they'll outscore damn near everyone. He's that good.

That's the direction the league is going in.

I'm not so much a proponent of drafting for need, I'm generally okay with the "best player available" strategy...but it just feels impossible to me to think that a wide receiver coming off of a big injury was the best possible value they could get out of that pick. Now much of a net improvement is it to add a receiver to a group who retains its top three receivers and already outscored damn near everyone with a pass-only style? There's basically zero chance of him being a starter unless Calvin, Burleson, or Titus Young get injured or traded.

UberTag

Yep, Bucs picked up Lavonte David. It's like they want to annoy me in each round.
I applaud any move that sticks it to the Eagles.
Or any team from Philadelphia for that matter.

I'm not so much a proponent of drafting for need, I'm generally okay with the "best player available" strategy...but it just feels impossible to me to think that a wide receiver coming off of a big injury was the best possible value they could get out of that pick. Now much of a net improvement is it to add a receiver to a group who retains its top three receivers and already outscored damn near everyone with a pass-only style? There's basically zero chance of him being a starter unless Calvin, Burleson, or Titus Young get injured or traded.
250px-Madden_13_initial_cover.jpeg

David looks like the smallest LB I've ever seen. Good thing he's going to Tampa. Rumor has it they have a Freshman 50 program there that works pretty well.

KingGondo

Banned
I get that, I just think you're underrating him.

If he's healthy, he's better than Titus Young.

MechDX

WTF are the Texans doing?? Randle was right there to be taken!

Why is Randall dropping so badly? Only guy left in the green room.

Godslay

Banned
Well damn its true. Terrible pick in my opinion. Read and heard a lot of bad on Osweiler. I guess John has a plan b after all. Weird draft, i honestly dont know what they are doing. Seems like they are trying to be too savvy.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
WTF are the Texans doing?? Randle was right there to be taken!

Why is Randall dropping so badly? Only guy left in the green room.

Rarely did anything good in college, unless you're an LSU fan, in which case "RR >>>> AJ&JJ combined!"

eznark

Banned
Worthy to play DE according to coaches. That'll free up our OLBs hopefully. More likely he will be another terrible TT d linemen.

Jackson50

You know you don't mean that. Broyles is a really talented receiver when healthy, but the ACL is sooo scary. Could be a huge boom or bust thing. Having Broyles, Burleson, and Pettigrew working the middle of the field and Titus and CJ working deep would be so scary.

Just believe in Mayhew
Yeah. The possibilities are tantalizing. He's a solid WR. But the risk is terrible. Still, Mayhew has a pretty good record. He's earned some latitude.

eznark

Banned
Well damn its true. Terrible pick in my opinion. Read and heard a lot of bad on Osweiler. I guess John has a plan b after all. Weird draft, i honestly dont know what they are doing. Seems like they are trying to be too savvy.

Someone should let Elway know that once Plan A occurs, you no longer need to go to plan B.

LJ11

Man, I was hoping we'd snag Lavonte David. Too many needs, I guess.

Yeah, Buddy just doesn't move, we had extra 4ths and 5ths to move up from our 3rd spot but he won't budge. I would've loved David, liked Curry. Look for them to take Tank Carder later in the draft maybe.

Hoping for Marvin Jones in the 3rd, QB may be a possibility.

Top Bottom