• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

It wasn't the choice I would have made, but let's not go overboard. I still trust Mayhew.

Yeah, I overreacted. But that was an awful pick. I just don't believe that he was the BPA at that point.

You know you don't mean that. Broyles is a really talented receiver when healthy, but the ACL is sooo scary. Could be a huge boom or bust thing. Having Broyles, Burleson, and Pettigrew working the middle of the field and Titus and CJ working deep would be so scary.

Just believe in Mayhew

Mayhew has been very good over the past few years but this pick is hard for me to swallow. They aren't good enough on D to take luxury offensive picks. I'll wait and see what happens in the 3rd round.

WedgeX

Banned
https://twitter.com/#!/freeplions/status/196039935277535232

Schwartz making sense in the presser right now. Still doesn't make me feel good about the ACL injury, but its ok. I've gone through at least 5 phases of emotions with this pick, and now I'm at acceptance. 40+ points could be the norm if Broyles heals correctly, and we'll need that with our poo defense

Believe guys, believe

points pointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspointspoints

And no defense.

Doorman

https://twitter.com/#!/freeplions/status/196039935277535232

Schwartz making sense in the presser right now. Still doesn't make me feel good about the ACL injury, but its ok. I've gone through at least 5 phases of emotions with this pick, and now I'm at acceptance. 40+ points could be the norm if Broyles heals correctly, and we'll need that with our poo defense

Believe guys, believe

"No other player that tempted them?" Really? That doesn't make me feel any better at all. Where does he play? If he plays, what becomes of our draft pick from last year? If we were going to take an offensive skill player, couldn't it at least be one without an injury history? The whole thing just feels so wrong still, and I'm not sure when or if I'll change my stance on this particular pick.

Yes! Draft Tom Rathman! Return of the fullback.

we already drafted tom rathman jr. last year brah

133877943_crop_650x440.jpg

WedgeX

Banned
"No other player that tempted them?" Really? That doesn't make me feel any better at all. Where does he play? If he plays, what becomes of our draft pick from last year? If we were going to take an offensive skill player, couldn't it at least be one without an injury history? The whole thing just feels so wrong still, and I'm not sure when or if I'll change my stance on this particular pick.

We all know there is one surefire way to change a stance on a pick.

MFING-SUPER-BOWL.gif

Kosmo

Banned
I'm not so much a proponent of drafting for need, I'm generally okay with the "best player available" strategy...but it just feels impossible to me to think that a wide receiver coming off of a big injury was the best possible value they could get out of that pick. Now much of a net improvement is it to add a receiver to a group who retains its top three receivers and already outscored damn near everyone with a pass-only style? There's basically zero chance of him being a starter unless Calvin, Burleson, or Titus Young get injured or traded.

The NFL is going to become a spread league and Mayhew wants to be out in front on that. They need a CB, but the D is not THAT far off - probably a CB and a S and they can be good enough.

Gotta read the whole thing/ watch it on the mother site. Something something about bad players available there, I posted earlier about the threat Broyles and the rest of the offensive weapons pose earlier, look it up if you care

Like I said, just believe in the Front Office. This group of people took an 0-15 and turned them into a playoff team in 3 years. Remhatember t

Junie12

Honestly I like the pick for the Lions, if Broyles become healthy then the Lions would have one of the most explosive offensive in the league. I believe he's that good.

Jackson50

Yeah, I overreacted. But that was an awful pick. I just don't believe that he was the BPA at that point.

Mayhew has been very good over the past few years but this pick is hard for me to swallow. They aren't good enough on D to take luxury offensive picks. I'll wait and see what happens in the 3rd round.
I understand. I was stunned initially. But this is just an instance where I'll trust their judgement.

Top Bottom